Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1050

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 541,456 times)

#6.0

#6.0

Yeah if the last letter of its title is not the letter S, it's not my fav.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Oh, the difference a letter makes...

Gash

Gash

Alien is a class film. IMO easily the best. Almost to the extent that I consider the 'franchise' as a different entity altogether. Alien 3 is a laudable attempt at something that might have worked if Fox had had faith in Fincher. The rest I could happily forget.

samoht

samoht

I love ALIEN
I love ALIENS
Alien 3 is a pretty good movie but I don't like it because it pissed me off so much. I was so annoyed when they killed of Hicks and newt. At the end of ALIENS it all seemed to nice that only those few survived, but when they killed them off so quickly in ALIEN 3 it spoiled the ALIEN franchise for me permanently.

predxeno

predxeno

My fav is Aliens all the way.

Gash

Gash

ALIEN is in a league of its own. The 'franchise' that came after doesn't inspire me at all, though Alien3 has lots to commend it.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Alien is a masterpiece. Aliens is great too, although I don't think it's as timeless. And I find Resurrection more satisfying than 3. So there you go.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Brett on Jan 23, 2011, 03:28:18 AM
Alien is a masterpiece. Aliens is great too, although I don't think it's as timeless.

Excellent point.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

The only reason Aliens isn't completely timeless is because the 80's ended.

And that's a terrible thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yep.
Aliens suffers from the fact you can tell it's a balls-out awesome 80s flick.
Alien instead doesn't feel "locked" in a certain period of time. It could even be a film released in the 2000s, if you don't count some SFX issues typical of earlier films.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I wouldn't say Aliens 'suffers' from anything. It's a near-perfect film, as is Alien. They're just different. You wouldn't call the Wizard of Oz timeless as a film, it's as 1939 as 1939 gets, but the story and themes are universal. Same with Aliens.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Of course.
What I am saying is that Alien doesn't feel locked in a certain period of time. You couldn't tell it was made in a certain period by its style. Films like Aliens, or as another example, Predator, are immediately recognized as being 80s films.
Perhaps I should have used a different verb than "suffer", but you get the point.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Alien has the whole "you go off alone, we'll look way over here," Scooby Doo thing that many 70's and 80's horror had. It looks great though.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Yeah, of course Omega.

Not that you could make Alien today. It's practically an art film compared to the Hollywood standard these days.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If you copy bit-by-bit the whole thing, of course you can. It wouldn't bring anything fresh to see though, so there'd be no reason.
The 2006 Omen is a proof of that.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 24, 2011, 07:19:23 PM
Alien has the whole "you go off alone, we'll look way over here," Scooby Doo thing that many 70's and 80's horror had.
The only ones I could recall are Halloween and The Thing. You got any more examples?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed