Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 493,751 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 20, 2022, 03:29:51 PMALIEN3 has some of the best set-pieces in the series, but as a whole, it's a depressing experience to view. The colour design is something you'd find in a filthy public toilet ... all those browns.

That's kinda the point though. Fury 161 is a prison at the ass end of space after all, what else it's supposed to look like ? Personally, I find that aesthetic very appealing because I saw a lot places like that here - dirty and in long need of repair, it always reminds me of a ward in local hospital, very nostalgic

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 20, 2022, 05:03:45 PMPersonally, I find that aesthetic very appealing because I saw a lot places like that here - dirty and in long need of repair, it always reminds me of a ward in local hospital, very nostalgic
You get that aesthetic in ALIEN - without the sh*t-coloured browns.  :laugh: 

Kradan

Kradan

Brown is not the colour of shit - it's the colour of chocolate ! Nom, nom

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Brown to highlight the state of decay of the prison facility, the rustiness of it. I think it's a perfect fit, although I get the non-appealing aspect of it of course  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

Many would claim he ran it into the ground

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He did elevate the first movie from what it was supposed to be though.

Kradan

Kradan

Tell it to all the people screaming their lungs out "Prometheus/Covenant SUX !!!"

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

He elevated the first movie, not subsequent ones  ;D

Building Better Worlds

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 25, 2022, 06:31:53 PMHe did elevate the first movie from what it was supposed to be though.
Star Beast! Star Beast!

judge death

judge death

Would argue alien resurrection is way, WAY more brown in its set designs than alien 3 is. Everything in resurrection is yellow/brownish color, even ripleys clothes ffs.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, it has the piss/poop vibe that Jeunet love so much. That's the french touch for ya  ;)

Sgarden91

Sgarden91

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 19, 2022, 10:20:46 PMAlways the same for me when I check this topic.

I watch Alien and say to myself "this one's my favourite".

I watch Aliens and say to myself "this one's my favourite".

I watch AlienĀ³ and say to myself "this one's my favourite".

And then I just watch Alien Resurrection.

Same except I almost never find myself watching Resurrection these days. It's pretty much only when I'm doing a completist tour of the whole series. It's never quite as bad as I remember but it's almost as bad.

SiL

SiL

Resurrection has more replay value for me than Alien 3.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's easy to stick on and half watch, me and CB can attest to that but, nah I definitely actually watch AlienĀ³ SE the most, then Alien, then Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed