Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2

Started by Chris P, Nov 11, 2015, 10:18:49 PM

Author
Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2 (Read 12,136 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 12, 2015, 07:59:41 PM
Xeno alpha did a great job on that article.

He does fantastic work! Another treasure of the community.

oduodu

Certainly!

Primordial

Primordial

Quote from: Alien64 on Nov 12, 2015, 04:35:38 AM
I just want to see Alien Monster IV running around.

That would be a dream come true situation *fingers crossed*

marrerom

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing different "strains" of the Xenomorph. 

"The movie will have 2 Monsters, one is new and both are different yet similar to the Xeno DNA. The NEW Monster is a New Event, so it's nothing created before the Events of the end of the First movie.... it's created by an event in the movie... "

The way this is worded leads me to think that the other monster, the one that's not "new", could be the Deacon.

Born Of Cold Light

Wouldn't mind seeing these versions of chestbursters:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

So is the Deacon from the end of the first movie going to be ignore for good now?

david8

david8

The Darkhorse comics ignored the Deacon, and original art indicated that they'd intended to use Deacons but were forced by FOX to change things, save for some giant rock formation shaped like a Deacon. All that seems to me that we haven't seen the last of it; it was just a baby at the end of the first film after all. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: david8 on Nov 13, 2015, 05:42:35 AM
The Darkhorse comics ignored the Deacon, and original art indicated that they'd intended to use Deacons but were forced by FOX to change things, save for some giant rock formation shaped like a Deacon. All that seems to me that we haven't seen the last of it; it was just a baby at the end of the first film after all. 

Spoiler
They hinted that the Deacon was actually that massive mountain.
[close]

david8

david8

Yeah but I didn't take it so literally. I took it more as a visual cue or easter egg, otherwise it doesn't quite follow why Darkhorse would go from illustrating Deacons only to be forced to scrap that, and instead try to subtly imply the Deacon grew at a gigantic rate and became a mountain lol

Corporal Hicks

They were asked to not use the Deacons. From the sounds of it, they didn't think they'd be allowed to use the main Aliens in the first place anyway.

We had chance to chat to 3 of the 4 writers. Their interviews are up in our interviews section.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/chris-sebela/
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/paul-tobin/
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/chris-roberson/

Saggit

Saggit

Deacon, Ultramorph, translucent something... What the f@#$? Just make an Alien movie for Christ sake! And good one if you may dear Mr. Scott. I'm afraid this movie is going to be even more messed up than the first one. We had a zombie, giant squid, swimming penis-eel and retarded Xenomorph (Deacon). What's next? Maybe they should add Predator, Han Solo, Cylons and Commander Shepard to the mix?
Just make a good Alien movie!

Whiskeybrewer

Its another case of wait and see but I like the idea of a possible Deacon vs Transulcent fight

TS

TS

In order to expand the Alien universe as mysteriously and as "Alien" as possible, not talking about gung ho mindless Aliens (Aliens was great but a 2nd type would probably not be so interesting) Ridley Scott's path with Alien Paradise Lost and Prometheus is needed... So all you people b!thcing about just making a 5th Alien sequel think about Alien 3, Alien Res, AVP's and all that sh!t and let the man make something cool in peace...

Primordial

Quote from: Saggit on Nov 13, 2015, 10:56:05 AM
I'm afraid this movie is going to be even more messed up than the first one. We had a zombie, giant squid, swimming penis-eel and retarded Xenomorph (Deacon).

Prometheus
suggest you that if you want an aesthetically pleasing creature to be made, you have to choose with care the organism to infect with the black goo, and the host as well. It's hardly a stretch to say that all the creature you mention were formed randomly.

Born Of Cold Light

Regardless of what they choose for the monster, I really want a scene like this (I believe this is a Huante pic):

We've seen the inner jaws used hundreds of time, but only Alien went out of its way to show just how visceral and disturbing they really are.  Scenes like this could really bring back the horror, even if we know what the creature looks like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed