NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,310 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 25, 2021, 09:27:27 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 25, 2021, 09:18:44 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 22, 2021, 04:03:40 AM
Quote from: lightsyder on Jul 22, 2021, 03:57:17 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 22, 2021, 01:45:28 AM
Thanks for the info and tips. I shall tread carefully in my search.

Sure thing!  Best advice I can give is if the price is too good to be true and it's coming from China it's a bootleg

Does a 200.00 USD or 500.00 USD price seem more realistic and not like a bootleg?

Absolutely no NECA Predator toy is worth that amount. Please don't ever pay that much.

Thanks! I won't. 500 USD is too high for me, thats closer to the price of a City Hunter Biomask!

You pay the MSRP or lower if you can find a better deal. NECA Predator toys certainly look nice but they do have known QA issues. As in breaking joints right out of the box. Be careful, read reviews. Even the best NECA Predator toys I wouldn't pay more than 30 for.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 19, 2021, 08:04:04 PM
The rumours of them losing the Alien and Predator licences seem more and more plausible.

I pray for the day.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 25, 2021, 09:56:20 PM
NECA Predator toys certainly look nice but they do have known QA issues. As in breaking joints right out of the box.
I have found that by using the soaking a brand-new figure in hot water technique then very carefully moving the joints until they are no longer stiff ("that's what she said" - curse you Michael Scott from The Office), I've not had broken joints (so far).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 25, 2021, 10:08:02 PM
The rumours of them losing the Alien and Predator licences seem more and more plausible.

I pray for the day.

When the path to paradise will be opened?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

When someone who understands symmetry and how to use glue is the main Alien producer.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

What started this rumor? I noticed myself that Predator releases have slowed down, and for some reason they stopped doing 3 figure waves. The lack of anything substantial during their comic con streams is suspect as well IMO. But is there anything else that points to them losing the licence?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

It'll be a bad day if NECA loses the licenses.

People just don't understand that.  ::)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 02, 2021, 05:05:02 AM
It'll be a bad day if NECA loses the licenses.

People just don't understand that.  ::)

They done good work. I enjoyed their AVP figures a lot. But I seriously don't mind someone else taking the reigns. Storm Collectibles is a company I would like to see give it a go.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It will be a good day.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Aug 01, 2021, 05:16:56 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 25, 2021, 09:56:20 PM
NECA Predator toys certainly look nice but they do have known QA issues. As in breaking joints right out of the box.
I have found that by using the soaking a brand-new figure in hot water technique then very carefully moving the joints until they are no longer stiff ("that's what she said" - curse you Michael Scott from The Office), I've not had broken joints (so far).

Honestly as a toy collector, it is my opinion that no action figure should be subjected to that in order to gain full function. A toy should be ready to go out of the box. If there has to be some ritual for the toy to work, that's a problem to me.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 02, 2021, 02:01:16 PM
Honestly as a toy collector, it is my opinion that no action figure should be subjected to that in order to gain full function. A toy should be ready to go out of the box. If there has to be some ritual for the toy to work, that's a problem to me.
That is true of what should be - but too many collectibles from various companies, not just Neca, have had joints snap as soon as I removed it from the box (sometimes before even then). It is a sad state of things that we, the customers/collectors have to go through 'rituals' just to not suffer damage. They are supposed to be collectible 'figures' not 'statues'.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 02, 2021, 04:23:01 AM

What started this rumor? I noticed myself that Predator releases have slowed down, and for some reason they stopped doing 3 figure waves. The lack of anything substantial during their comic con streams is suspect as well IMO. But is there anything else that points to them losing the licence?

I can't remember if it was Ridgetop or Mike (I think it was Mike) who mentioned earlier this year that he'd been talking to some toy store owner in LA who said he'd heard that NECA had lost the licenses for Alien and Predator. Then all these months started going by with no news of anything new, including that recent stream where all they announced were a few repaints, and it started to feel more and more like that might indeed have been the case.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I just hope they finish the Lost Tribe ultimate series with Tristan's dope ass art on all the boxes!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 02, 2021, 02:41:32 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 02, 2021, 04:23:01 AM

I can't remember if it was Ridgetop or Mike (I think it was Mike) who mentioned earlier this year that he'd been talking to some toy store owner in LA who said he'd heard that NECA had lost the licenses for Alien and Predator. Then all these months started going by with no news of anything new, including that recent stream where all they announced were a few repaints, and it started to feel more and more like that might indeed have been the case.

Interesting. That rumor does make the whole statement they said at comic con, about completing The Lost Tribe, a bit more odd. Perhaps because they're the last Predators they'll be making?

Time will tell.

Master

Master

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 02, 2021, 11:16:22 AM
It will be a good day.

Storm is cool, but their prices... ouch! Trust me, I've got Shao Kahn, Goro, Motaro and Kintaro in preorded.

NECA has best price to accuracy ratio. The quality control  could've been better, but hey! You can't have everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed