Elpidia Carrillo

Started by jimmyboy, Jan 19, 2007, 10:25:30 PM

Author
Elpidia Carrillo (Read 4,460 times)

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Re Predator 2: I know she makes a very 'blink and you'll miss it appearance' in the movie on a tv screen when Harrigan & Keyes are talking in the trailer towards the end of the film, but why would she have her name on the end film credits and quite near to the top of the credits too? I read on the net somewhere, I can't remember where and it was ages ago, that there they filmed some footage of her being interviewed about what happened 10 years ago and this was supposed to be in the film. I know Stephen Hopkins cut the film as it originally got an NC17 rating, but why this scene if it's true? Or is it a Predator urban legend?!!
Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Darkness

Darkness

I read that on IMDB too:

QuoteElpidia Carrillo, who played Anna in the first Predator film, has her name listed in the sequel's credits yet doesn't seem to appear in the actual film. Look carefully during the scene inside Peter Keyes' mobile headquarters and you will spot her. When Keyes (Gary Busey) describes how the creature activated a self-destruct device in the first film, you can briefly spot Anna on one of the video screens. Carrillo filmed a debriefing scene in which she talks to the camera and describes the events of the first film, but it was cut from the sequel.

I've never seen her. Anybody got any caps of her in Predator 2?

SiL

SiL

She's literally blink-and-you'll-miss-it. When Keyes is talking about the first mission, go frame by frame. She appears for a fraction of a second, very messy, in the lower left of the screen.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Thats really interesting. They should have done the full debriefing as a special feature.

stickaround

stickaround

I've also heard rumours predator 2 had been cut ? Anyone any idea what, have never seen details on censorship or comparison sites ?? & why do you think it wasn't restored for the special edition ??

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Maybe the original cut was just a workprint and the cut stuff has been lost or is too badly damaged to put in. Aparently there is a similar cut of the film Cliffhanger with more violence in it but it was cut our to receive an R rating as opposed to NC 17, I have yet to find any details on what the Predator 2 extra violence was, I doubt Ill find it either!!

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: stickaround on Jan 21, 2007, 07:38:43 PM
I've also heard rumours predator 2 had been cut ? Anyone any idea what, have never seen details on censorship or comparison sites ?? & why do you think it wasn't restored for the special edition ??

Predator 2 was originally rated NC17 when it was first rated. It was cut for "graphic shots of mutilated bodies and decapitations by the Predator". Hopkins said all this on the SE commentary. I'd love to see the uncut version too but I doubt we'll get another SE. We were all lucky to get that one.

Quote from: jimmyboy on Jan 23, 2007, 08:58:03 AM
Maybe the original cut was just a workprint and the cut stuff has been lost or is too badly damaged to put in. Aparently there is a similar cut of the film Cliffhanger with more violence in it but it was cut our to receive an R rating as opposed to NC 17, I have yet to find any details on what the Predator 2 extra violence was, I doubt Ill find it either!!

Have you seen the R1 version or the R2 version of Cliffhanger? The R2 version is cut badly. I imported the R1 DVD and it's great. Love the movie. But yeah, it was originally rated NC17 too which is surprising as I thought the R1 set was pretty graphic already.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

This is going off the beaten track a bit but I've just ordered Cliffhanger Region 4 dvd which is uncut (like the R1), still waiting to receive it as it's coming from Aus. Looking forward to viewing it uncut though. Don't you think it's bizzare Cliffhanger was originally NC17 in USA, and now it's a 15 cert in UK! Damn those studios & censors!

I would LOVE to see the NC17 version on Predator 2, imagine more gore!! Darkness.... where did you find that info/quote about cuts to the film of decapitations etc? I bet they cut the penthouse suite scene, remember the Predator de-cloaking and the last Jamaican getting killed is a POV shot from the Predator and it cuts away to the police car lights, I bet that was supposed to be a decapitation!!

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: jimmyboy on Jan 24, 2007, 11:32:43 AMI would LOVE to see the NC17 version on Predator 2, imagine more gore!! Darkness.... where did you find that info/quote about cuts to the film of decapitations etc?

IMDB Trivia page.

Gangster Predator

Gangster Predator

I used to have a crush on elpiidia Carrillo!!!

Newsfop

Newsfop

When I first moved into my apartment, the first movie I rented was Predator 2, and I saw the tiny clip of Anna on the very first viewing. It was there that I said to myself, "Ha! If that's the only link they have to the first one, it's still better than nothing."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed