John Cena for pred3????

Started by Deathwing., Dec 13, 2006, 06:17:35 PM

Author
John Cena for pred3???? (Read 12,713 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Jan 16, 2007, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Dec 28, 2006, 10:11:47 PM
how about an actor like Vin Diesel or somebody with an action movie background, why do they always have to use f#####g wrestlers all the time, i hate wrestling  >:(

God know, he is such a bad actor.

I generally dislike wrestlers in movies, because generally they're not good actors.

Another Problem with a guy like Vin is that his price tag would be half the budget.

So spent 20+ mill on a bad actor? Sorry. I think his presence would be to distracting.

There are actors out there, legitimate actors with formal acting training who have big muscles, maybe not arnold big, but still enough to look powerful. They are not that hard to find, in fact the problem that those guys run into is that there are very few roles out there for a guy who is 6'4" 240 pounds and only 6% bodyfat.

I knew a few guys this big in the Army, in Iraq hitting the gym is a good way to pass the time. There are some jacked looking soldiers in our military, so it would make sense to have a guy with good build in an action role. Unfortunately Hollywood likes to go with famous faces, so they pic wrestlers of legitamate actors who both physicallly fit the bill.

In all fairness there are some guys who have done both wrestling, and have had formal acting training. I can think of one guy who is 7 foot, 330 pounds with 6% bodyfat, has done wrestling in Australia, but has also been in a formal acting school, and has done stage theatre. Not they typical resume for a Pro Wrestler, but then again, the guy is a Mensa memeber (IQ > 140). http://www.conanstevens.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,32/?g2_itemId=81

Then again, I think the best role for him in an AVP movie would be in the Predator costume.

The Ultimate Predator

I agree. Always the famous faces, and the majority of famous faces for that role are crap. They could even do what they did in 300, got good actors, then built em up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I generally dislike wrestlers in movies, because generally they're not good actors.

It's because the show they "train" on is so bad themselves.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2007, 09:05:09 PM

It's because the show they "train" on is so bad themselves.

Haha, thats true, WWF, god thats crap.

PrimeTimeTaylor

PrimeTimeTaylor

I think they should take the route they used for P2 with Danny Glover. A Predator movie's protagonist doesn't have to be jacked up like Arnold and few bodybuilders have the sort of charisma to match Arnold, so there's really no point in trying to emulate that.

Other than police experience in a dangerous part of 1997 LA, Glover was an average joe, like you and me. My choice for P3 would be Clive Owen. In Children of Men, he, as a normal man caught in extraordinary circumstances, handled the action great. I would love for the same kind of feeling to be brought to P3. 

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Cool King Arthur vs. Predator  ;D

For those of you who dont know who Clive Owen is he is this dude  ;D

This idea is similar to using Thomas Jane in Predator 3.

stickaround

stickaround

No, no, no, no ,no !!!

Unfortunately no action star has taken over from sly and arnie, though many have tried and failed (the rock, vin etc) & action films have changed since the emergence of CGI. You'd need a star with enough clout to justify the budget (and a top director) you just couldn't make the film now on the same budget as 1 and 2. If it does get made it will be interesting to see if they go the arnie route or the T1000 (robert patrick) route ??

My dream would be to see sly, arnie, dolph, van damme and kurt russell as a veteran marine outfit sent in to save the day or team up with one to fight an even deadlier adversary ! i'm old skool but that would rock !!

In reality, it's a difficult one to call, depends how they do the film ??

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Wow a guy with the same dream film as me  :o

Newsfop

Newsfop

If the Rock is a good actor, he's at least a terrible judge of material. The only decent role I've seen him in is the cameo role of the Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns. The follow-up was what my dad calls WWF in the sand. I disliked that one. I hated Doom. The Rundown was assaulting to the nerves in all media. I can't take him seriously as a militant leader in any form. Maybe put The Rock inside the Predator suit. Other than that, no thanks.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Only problem with putting the Rock in the Pred costume; he is too short for that. His build is about right, but there are 7 footers who are built like that too.

I agree that a lead actor has to ultimately be a good actor.

There are some well built actors who seem hardened and masculine and would be great for character actors in a military unit.

In Iraq if you were not on patrol or some mission, or not prepping for the next one, or eating etc... You had little better to do than hit the gym. Killed boredom, and the goal setting helped keep you sane. Something to look forward to each day.

There were a lot of hobby bodybuilders in the Military when I was in Iraq, some very jacked dudes too. I am talking 6'4" 250 pounds and ripped. Some even bigger than that. So their place in an action role is fine with me, and does not seem unrealistic, unless they are all built like that.

I was not quite as big as that myself but still awsome shape when I was active, I am 5'8" and was about 215 and lean at my best, but I would go to the gym, walk in and see some old as dirt NCO who is bench pressing 500+ pounds for 12 reps.

If they want a military or ex-military hero, and they want him to be huge and ripped that is fine with me because there are some real life heroes, I have personally met who are jacked. Not unrealistic at all. But they have got to be able to act.

There are some unknown actors, legitimate schooled actors, who are very built, not quite built like Arnold, but there are plenty out there who are close AND can act.

The problem is studios would rather cast a Pro Wrestler in a "muscular guy role" than an actor who bodybuilds as a hobby.

It is not like spending 2 hours in a gym on a regular basis is going to make you stupid, but if you have zero acting schooling, than you will not be credible to the audience.

I do not think your average "joe shmoe" civilian character who rises to be a hero should be powerfully built man. Most folks are not built like that, and other than a military lifestyle, no lifestyle of that than bodybuilder or pro athlete ever comes close to actively encouraging people to be in the gym.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Come come now.  Enough wrestling bashing.

There's nothing wrong with wrestling.  It isn't fake, it's scripted, and no, most wrestlers aren't SCREEN ACTORS, but they are still actors none the less.

John Cena = big flaming bag of poop.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I'm not discrediting Wrestlers. I'm just discrediting my faith in Dwayn Johnson. I've never seen him in a role where I root for him. He was glorified scenery in The Mummy Returns and a bad bit of CGI at the end.

I've never been drawn to Pro Wrestling, so I can neither vouch for nor against anyone else in the industry.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I didn't mind Walking Tall.

But for me and a lot of other people, he is still "The Rock".

Rip Claw Matt

Rip Claw Matt

They'll have to bring in Chuck Norris. He'll give the Preds a run for their money. And a roundhouse kick to the face.  ;D

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Dwayne Johnson gets better in every movie he is in.  Cena is a no go.

Clive Owen would be cool, Christian Bale would be cool, Luke Wilson would be interesting.  That guy Adrien Brody would be an interesting choice.  Keanu Reeves could do it.

The key is to keep the movie dark and tense, which needs a good actor.  Predator movies are not pure action, and the predator hunts us for our brains, not our bodies.

I saw start with a good lead actor and build from there.

For all I care the pred could be hunting a bunch of mountain climbing yuppies in a California forest fire.

The bottom line is, there is no point trying a repeat of P1.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed