[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 133,766 times)

OpenMaw

I miss the netting. I don't know why Hollywood has been so Hell bent on getting rid of it. They didn't want it on AVP:R. It was thanks to fan reaction that the netting got put on Wolf. The supers didn't have it, the guys in The Predator didn't have it, and neither does Feral. It adds so much texture to the design. Face aside I have no other complaints with how Feral turned out, really.

[cancerblack]

The face has grown on me with time, actually.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 24, 2022, 08:03:00 AMThe face has grown on me with time, actually.

OpenMaw

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 24, 2022, 08:03:00 AMThe face has grown on me with time, actually.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was never strongly against it. I'm just not in love with it either. They just haven't managed to touch the original face in my opinion. I'd say feral is the most convincing Predator we've had since Predator 2, though.

I like that a lot of the discussion has centered around him as a character. That shows something went right there. With Wolf and Scar/AVP Predators most of the discussion is centered around criticism or defense of the design more than of the characterization. Predator isn't just a mindless monster. It's a character, and each one we've seen has ultimately had an individual personality.

For me the gold standard will always be Greyback and his two minutes of screen time. So much is said with no dialogue. The same is very true of Feral, and I was happy to see they didn't treat him like... Like a Jason Voorhees character. Or the absolute goofiness that was The Predator.

As far as the face specifically goes. I don't know. I don't have strong feelings on it either way, except that it is better looking than Fugitive/Upgrade/Super/Scar.

Kradan

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 24, 2022, 08:24:13 AMI was happy to see they didn't treat him like... Like a Jason Voorhees character.

Funny you should say that

@SiL

SiL

SiL

If he doesn't agree he doesn't agree.

Kradan

That's not a response I wanted dammit !

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Sep 24, 2022, 09:44:45 AMIf he doesn't agree he doesn't agree.

How dare you.

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2022, 10:28:34 AMThat's not a response I wanted dammit !

There, i'm picking a fight with Sil. Which is paramount to ritual suicide. Happy now?

Kradan

I want blood, I want violence, I want stabing, strangling and scratching !

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 24, 2022, 07:10:44 AMI miss the netting. I don't know why Hollywood has been so Hell bent on getting rid of it. They didn't want it on AVP:R. It was thanks to fan reaction that the netting got put on Wolf. The supers didn't have it, the guys in The Predator didn't have it, and neither does Feral. It adds so much texture to the design. Face aside I have no other complaints with how Feral turned out, really.

Assassin lacks netting but Fugitive has it at his sides and on his legs.

BigDaddyJohn

It's undeniable that feral has many Jason-esque moments though. A bit too many.

SiL

SiL

The spear through the chest and him just going on with things was a bit of a line for me.

Predators are aware of their own mortality and that's a pretty major wound. Anytime and City Hunter would've left to recuperate because holy shit I've just been impaled.

I know people explain it as "it's just who he is, he's a tank", but to me it makes him feel like zombie Jason. There's no sense this thing's putting any effort into keeping itself alive and is really just coasting on luck - and that's not what I see when I watch Predator movies.

PAS Spinelli

It got the top left of his chest, likely avoiding vital organs

SiL

SiL

That's through his rib cage. Every other Predator heavily armours the left side of their chest. There's clearly vital organs there.

Also, kind of irrelevant if it hit a vital organ or not when it's a massive hole in your body. There is nowhere on the body that isn't a significant and potentially life threatening injury.

Scar got hit near the same place and kept going but I'm not sure "AvP did it" is a glowing endorsement. Even then Scar is slightly more forgivable as the wound was higher and actually in the shoulder joint, and he was in the process of fleeing and didn't really have a choice to run away from the Queen. Feral could've bailed.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2022, 10:59:44 AMI want blood, I want violence, I want stabing, strangling and scratching !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed