Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2'

Started by Russ840, Oct 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

Author
Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2' (Read 18,118 times)

Nostromo

I must he the only huge Alien fanatic on the planet that despises the entire original comic trilogy, the art in series 2 kinda saves that one..

Thank God it's 2016...2017 is looking even better..

Someone flame me now lol.

Glaive

Glaive

Nostromo

Russ840

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 29, 2016, 01:10:02 PM
I must he the only huge Alien fanatic on the planet that despises the entire original comic trilogy, the art in series 2 kinda saves that one..

Thank God it's 2016...2017 is looking even better..

Someone flame me now lol.

Lol prob not the only one dude but I imagine you are in the minority.

Out of interest, what volume do you like from the original comics ?

SM

SM

You rated Book 2 as 8 for the story and 9.5 for the art.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2016, 10:03:27 PM

1st & 3rd books I didn't enjoy...2nd because of the human controlled aliens, but the rest was ok.

*fixed quotes. Cpl Hicks.

SM

Definition of "despise" and "entire" may vary.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 29, 2016, 01:10:02 PMI must he the only huge Alien fanatic on the planet that despises the entire original comic trilogy, the art in series 2 kinda saves that one..

I wouldn't go as far as despise, but I've long said I find the lauded first two comics to be massively overrated. They're really nothing special to me.

Nostromo

Ah yes, those were the exact words I was looking for. Massively Overrated. :)

SM

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2016, 10:03:27 PM

Russ840

http://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comics-february-2017-solicitations/

Dark Horse Solicits for February have Vol 2 of the original comics series hardcover listed.

The book is 224 pages. Vol 1 was 184 and that included the six issues of the original series and the the short story called Lucky, so effectively 7 issues of comics plus other extras.   It also never listed Lucky in the solicit for Vol one.

There is still hope that Countdown could be be included in the new Vol with the 40 page higher page count.

HuDaFuK

I think the Aliens magazine reprint of Countdown came out to about 18 pages in total, so there would be room.

Whiskeybrewer

Four Issues for Vol 2, Four for Earth War, How ever much for Countdown, How ever much for The Alien and then extra's.

It could fit :)

Russ840

The book is up for pre-order on amazon now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed