Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2'

Started by Russ840, Oct 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

Author
Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2' (Read 18,114 times)

426Buddy

I'm sure that panel will be included, but i've never read the comic without that panel so it would really feel wrong if it wasnt there.

Whiskeybrewer

I hope that this includes Countdown. It just has to and The Alien as well. So it goes Book 2 - Countdown - Earth War- The Alien

Russ840

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 06, 2016, 07:05:20 PM
I hope that this includes Countdown. It just has to and The Alien as well. So it goes Book 2 - Countdown - Earth War- The Alien

I would be happy with this. It would complete the story.

Perfect-Organism

Corporal Hicks

It's a one-off that ties up the whole Space Jockey plot from the 1st and 3rd series.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 06, 2016, 12:55:30 PMlol thats kinda funny about earth war... but if they dont include Countdown I'll be writing a strongly worded letter.

Didn't they apparently lose the original artwork masters for that, which is why it's never been collected after the Aliens magazine mini comic?

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 07, 2016, 10:07:49 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 06, 2016, 12:55:30 PMlol thats kinda funny about earth war... but if they dont include Countdown I'll be writing a strongly worded letter.

Didn't they apparently lose the original artwork masters for that, which is why it's never been collected after the Aliens magazine mini comic?

That's sucks if that's the case. It's not the end of te world though. Marvel's Masterworks department regularly has to take high res scans of old issue from the existing issues and then remaster them to bring them to scratch.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2016, 08:10:52 AM
It's a one-off that ties up the whole Space Jockey plot from the 1st and 3rd series.

Oh right, I totally forgot about that thing..

Jometheus

Aliens: Countdown would be a stellar addition to this collection.

Rambo

This is not necessarily related to thehardcover release, but DH authorized a recent re-release of just Volume II issue #4 (with an exclusive cover through Celebrity Authentics). I was wondering why they went with only Vol. II #4 (the re-release was to take advantage of autographs at the Aliens 30th anniversary cast reunions) when I realized it is definitely for the final panel featuring the reappearance of Ripley. This is a neat feature item, and something that obviously had more thought put into it than the average re-print. I applaud them for not picking an Earth War issue just because those contain more of Ripley. Denis Beauvais' single panel on the final page seems more deserving of this cover than an issue of the subsequent series.

https://celebrityauthentics.com/shop/100-and-under/aliens-1-comic-celebrity-authentics-exclusive-cover/

Prez

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Oct 22, 2016, 12:38:37 AM
This is not necessarily related to thehardcover release, but DH authorized a recent re-release of just Volume II issue #4 (with an exclusive cover through Celebrity Authentics). I was wondering why they went with only Vol. II #4 (the re-release was to take advantage of autographs at the Aliens 30th anniversary cast reunions) when I realized it is definitely for the final panel featuring the reappearance of Ripley. This is a neat feature item, and something that obviously had more thought put into it than the average re-print. I applaud them for not picking an Earth War issue just because those contain more of Ripley. Denis Beauvais' single panel on the final page seems more deserving of this cover than an issue of the subsequent series.

https://celebrityauthentics.com/shop/100-and-under/aliens-1-comic-celebrity-authentics-exclusive-cover/
https://celebrityauthentics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/alienscastcomic_1_P-600x600.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/1/1a/RipSynth3.png

Interesting especially as Ripley appears on one panel for the entire issue. Nice one though but as nice as that cover is it's hardly relevant given the story ... I'll stick with Denis' original cover personally.

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

Good choice! Really looking forward to picking this one up too!

Russ840

Agreed. Great choice.

I wonder if we are going to get a new vol annually now? 

I would love to line Labyrinth up next to the first 2.

And give me AVP also and I'll die a happy man.

Prez

One of my all time favourite DB pieces of art.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed