Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,057 times)

Lee

Lee

Wow, that doesn't sound interesting.  Like, at all.

Like many others, I was hoping for a story about David and Shaw, not something that sounds as though it has no xenos, no engineers, no...anything, really.

My interest in this prequel novel just plummeted.

evilmark443

... a conspiracy story that just happens to be set in the same universe as Alien? The probability of me spending money on this just went from 75% to 0%

Richman678

maybe Yutani was kidnapped and put into cryo sleep somewhere hidden on the Covenant.

XenoVC

So, is this like a corporate espionage thing?

Seems to be a sign that the full details of David and Shaw may be under lock and key from the next film from whatever Ridley and co. have written; and Fox is aware of.

If that's the case, I think it's a positive.

Denton Smalls

So I guess we won't ever find out about the time aboard the juggernaut when David "learned of their ways" and everything else that happened with him and Shaw leading up to A:C?

I don't know why I bother with this franchise anymore. The irony is I just gave Fox my money to see the movie again literally an hour ago.

Well....

Well....

I guess they succeeded in sabotaging Branson's cryo chamber, and no one even brought up the previous attempt of this "saboteur" during the event in AC?  Lope just said to himself, "Ah well, just a fire and burnt corpse, nothing fishy here he he!?  Hey who wants to go peer into some Alien eggs or do lines of motes with me?"

D88M

D88M

it sounds like something totally unrelated to the movies or even the Alien universe

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jun 07, 2017, 07:34:51 PM
So I guess we won't ever find out about the time aboard the juggernaut when David "learned of their ways" and everything else that happened with him and Shaw leading up to A:C?

it was bad enough already that they could not bother to connect Prometheus with Covenant in film form, and now we are getting a totally unrelated to anything novel, it makes no sense

Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

I would have rather have prequel story about Peter Wetland and David set on Earth over Covenant crew and their mystery saboteur

zoidy

lol

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2017, 02:57:07 PM
Pretty much. I maybe able to share this, just checking.

Will be sharing it to the website shortly. Synopsis is here -

QuoteAs the colony ship Covenant prepares for launch, and the final members of the crew are chosen, a series of violent events reveal a conspiracy to sabotage the launch. Yet the perpetrators remain hidden behind a veil of secrecy. The threat reaches all the way up to Hideo Yutani—the head of the newly merged Weyland-Yutani Corporation—when his daughter is kidnapped. Is the conspiracy the product of corporate espionage, or is it something even more sinister?

While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels prepare the ship, Security chief Dan Lopé signs a key member of his team, and together they seek to stop the technologically advanced saboteurs before anyone else is killed, and the ship itself is destroyed in orbit.

I'm recording our interview with ADF on Thursday for release ASAP and Titan should be sending over the cover art for this when they've settled on a final one.

ahhh..

So that interesting weird horror drama with Shaw trying to escape the clutches of a paranoid psychotic ex-slave...
(that pretty much all of us were "thirsting" for)

...was set aside for some boring corporate espionage and sabotage angle
that wont involve the actual ALIENS or even the Engineers and Neomorphs and black goo in any direct way...

ok.
Good job,
Allan Dean Foster, you creative genius, you.
:laugh:

Jango1201

I like Allen Dean Foster, but I think I'm going to hold off buying this one until reviews come out. I don't mind different directions, but there better be a real clever HOLY SHIT twist.

Nukiemorph

Sounds like "Alien" probably shouldn't be in the title.  Just call it "Covenant" or "Covenant: something".

Samhain13

Quote from: necrotard on Jun 07, 2017, 09:08:46 PM
Sounds like "Alien" probably shouldn't be in the title.  Just call it "Covenant" or "Covenant: something".

That's how I feel about it. There will probably have nothing related to any of the non-human creatures in the franchise.

I'm not seeing much point in this novel already.

SM

It has to be tied to the property.

I've lost count of the times I've seen people ask for stuff just about the Company, stuff just set in the universe with no Aliens.

Well, here it is and its 'Well I'm not buying this'.

Somebody needs to find those guys who wanted stuff with no Aliens in.

skhellter

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2017, 09:17:54 PM
Somebody needs to find those guys who wanted stuff with no Aliens in.

Those 3 fellas are gonna buy all copies of this book.
Gonna put it right on top of the f**king charts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed