Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC

Started by SuperiorIronman, May 12, 2020, 01:22:48 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC (Read 24,337 times)

Kradan

Well, I have no problem recognising Ripley here  :P

SuperiorIronman

Worth mentioning here as it does relate to Dutch and the update, they fixed the visuals on JH!

He now has the appropriate wristblade gauntlet and we finally have the P1 shoulder cannon! I'm not 100% but I think they also tweaked the mask a bit since he did kind of look like he had Scar's. He looks so much better now.

Kailem

Originally I wasn't planning on picking him up at launch, but I just couldn't resist. It's Dutch! And besides one or two matches playing as the Predator, I just spent pretty much half the night playing fire team by myself for the first time since I bought the game (almost every other time I've played fire team has been when I've been playing in a party with other people).

Just running around hearing Arnold's voice definitely makes everything a lot more fun, and give me a real reason to play that side of the game when I'm on by myself instead of just playing Predator all the time.

The audio tapes are really good too. As was mentioned already, it actually made me feel a little bit better about Stargazer's portrayal in the movie getting this background that they were basically only ever in it for the money and were using the Predators more as a means of exploitation more than anything else.

And some of the things he talked about doing definitely felt like the sort of stuff we could have seen him doing in a sequel if they'd ever made a Predator 2 that was centered around Dutch.You could certainly also take some of those as implications of survivor's guilt and anger towards the Predators in general in terms of his recklessness with the lives of his new team too. There's some good stuff there but in terms of lore and his character.

I wasn't a huge fan of....
Spoiler
....Dutch getting radiation sickness from the self-destruct device at the end of the original film. I know it does tie in to what little we'd heard about Dutch post-P1 before, but I've always liked to think the explosions those devices make are non-nuclear, like ne of the earlier drafts of Predator 2 explicitly said. Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine but leaving radiation in its wake just feels kinda dirty for a Predator to me.
[close]

But either way that was a minor thing. I really liked....
Spoiler
....the mention of Dutch being rejuvenated to an extent by expose to Predator biological material. It's something we've seen crop up here and there in the expanded universe that it can have life-prolonging effects on people who are exposed to it in certain ways, so that was kinda cool.
[close]

So yeah, overall very happy with this DLC! I'm glad they got Arnold to voice even more lines for casual things that you don't often get with the fire team too, just so it really feels like you're getting your money's worth even if you're not constantly spamming his voice quotes like I am!  :laugh:

Nameless_one

I'm surprised AVPG hasn't reported on the Alpha Predator DLC coming to the game. There's already footage of him on Youtube.

HeySteve

If this patch doesn't address the fact that you can't invite cross play friends I think that there needs to be a class action lawsuit for false advertising

Galactus123

Quote from: HeySteve on May 27, 2020, 10:46:22 AM
If this patch doesn't address the fact that you can't invite cross play friends I think that there needs to be a class action lawsuit for false advertising
Maybe its not possible. Sony might not allow it.

JokersWarPig

My first game last night as Dutch I was in a squad with three other Dutch's, it was a good round  :laugh:

I'm not to sold on his rifle though, its not bad by or anything but I still prefer the M249. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Galactus123 on May 27, 2020, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: HeySteve on May 27, 2020, 10:46:22 AM
Maybe its not possible. Sony might not allow it.

Illfonic tweeted yesterday that was it a high priority for them to sort, and they were working with Sony and Epic to get there.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 27, 2020, 12:09:15 PM
My first game last night as Dutch I was in a squad with three other Dutch's, it was a good round  :laugh:

I'm not to sold on his rifle though, its not bad by or anything but I still prefer the M249.

Exactly the same! My first round it was all Dutchs, but not too many after that. Was hilarious! Personally, I'm digging the Hammerhead. It's slightly less damage than the AK-alike, but I like being able to have those impact grenades.

bendinglight

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 26, 2020, 05:10:31 PM

Now what is this:  ???

New feature - Challenges

They look to be focused upon Fireteam challenges (kill the Predator 10 times, destroy the bio mask 5 times and get X Veratanium - seems like a good way to get more folks to select FT/No-Preference for matches to further reduce the Predator queue times. I really enjoy playing as Dutch (and full teams of Dutch's) and the voice-over work from Arnold - great to see his character being explored more.

Voodoo Magic

Yep. I found out once I got on last night and played. Thanks though.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2020, 01:08:43 PM
Personally, I'm digging the Hammerhead. It's slightly less damage than the AK-alike, but I like being able to have those impact grenades.

Me too!!!  Those impact grenades are da bomb diggity (or the cat's meow to our older fans.)

TheRealShifo

TheRealShifo

Made a nice Dutch gameplay showcase showing off his new hammerhead and knife, feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dny51EZ5V0g

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

That's great they've released Dutch as a playable character. I won't shell out myself for him, but its fun to run around with 3 other Dutch players. Its Dutch, John, and the third Schaefer brother, Bubba Schaefer. I hope they release Harrigan next. As a signature weapon, they could give him the shotgun he uses against the predator in the meatpacking plant. Or maybe even a disc. but I'd really like for them to give us Tony Pope as a playable character. The jungle conflicts need some hard hitting, Hard Core media coverage.I can imagine the spamming now.

"On the scene and in your face!"
"Get your scumbo paws off me!"
"Who the hell's in charge down here?!"

Predator Lives Matter

There is problem in the predator load out. All gear are assigned to their boxes. But when in the game one of the gears disappears and is unusable.
Also, 3 gear items and 3 perks are not enough and some perks even seem like they should be by default. An increase in perk and gear items to allow the predator to be more predator like.
Lastly, the fireteam should cause damage to eachother if they shoot at eachother. Its only fair.

SpaceKase

Quote from: LuciferAlpha on May 27, 2020, 04:51:27 PM
That's great they've released Dutch as a playable character. I won't shell out myself for him, but its fun to run around with 3 other Dutch players. Its Dutch, John, and the third Schaefer brother, Bubba Schaefer. I hope they release Harrigan next. As a signature weapon, they could give him the shotgun he uses against the predator in the meatpacking plant. Or maybe even a disc. but I'd really like for them to give us Tony Pope as a playable character. The jungle conflicts need some hard hitting, Hard Core media coverage.I can imagine the spamming now.

"Get your scumbo paws off me!"
"Who the hell's in charge down here?!"

Hahaha Amazing 100%

nicky

They paid for Arnold's likeness so I wouldn't be surprised if they got their monies worth and made a younger Dutch (as he appeared in the film)  as a secret unlockable reward. Complete with exactly same clothes and weapons from the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed