NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 88,154 times)

CelticP

CelticP

An ADI preds gonna ADI but I like the closer mouth a lot better. Honestly it's the best scene in the movie so I'm down with it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 19, 2019, 12:26:53 AM
Good to see they do have a weapon hand. HOW is that head sculpted better than the original? Jeez...and the masked heads are even better too

Got to whole heartedly agree brother. It's so odd.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 19, 2019, 02:23:50 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 19, 2019, 12:26:53 AM
Good to see they do have a weapon hand. HOW is that head sculpted better than the original? Jeez...and the masked heads are even better too

Got to whole heartedly agree brother. It's so odd.

It's quite puzzling that the unmasked head that came with the first fugitive sucks by comparison. This one is x10 better detail in sculpt.

The Old One

The Old One

Don't get too excited, this is a showpiece version- they always look better than the mass market version.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Boo to that logic even though it's probably right!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 19, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
Don't get too excited, this is a showpiece version- they always look better than the mass market version.

*sigh.*

True enough. I just hope the Alpha Predator won't suck. That design is beyond good.

The Old One

The Old One

Promotional:

Reality:

Promotional:

Reality:

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

To be fair, I redid mine! The sculpt was on point. The paint apps just sucked.

The Old One

The Old One

I repainted my Engineer too, you're correct. It's the paint apps, not the sculpts. I swapped the decapitated David head with the one on the figure and repainted the body too.

Unfortunately I've kinda gotten used to "fixing" NECA's figures at this point.

I just REALLY want a film accurate Neomorph cast in translucent plastic.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The sculpt work usually doesn't change, it's the paint apps from the factory that can make them seem bad. That being said, since the factory changes I haven't had any real complaints about paint apps.

I've seen a guy on another forum I go to repaint the marines to look damn near Hot Toys quality. It's insane.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 19, 2019, 05:55:36 PM
I repainted my Engineer too, you're correct. It's the paint apps, not the sculpts. I swapped the decapitated David head with the one on the figure and repainted the body too.

Unfortunately I've kinda gotten used to "fixing" NECA's figures at this point.

I just REALLY want a film accurate Neomorph cast in translucent plastic.

This is the price we pay for 7" scale...😭

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 19, 2019, 05:56:51 PM
The sculpt work usually doesn't change, it's the paint apps from the factory that can make them seem bad. That being said, since the factory changes I haven't had any real complaints about paint apps.

I've seen a guy on another forum I go to repaint the marines to look damn near Hot Toys quality. It's insane.

Which forum?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Sideshow Freaks, the forum focus is 1:6 but they have a section for NECA stuff. Unfortunatley there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of customizers/kitbashers on the forum.

The post I'm talking about specifically is on this page - http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/aliens-and-robots-action-figures/94669-neca-alien-movie-franchise-figures-1809.html

I mean I was happy with what I was able to do repaint wise with Ash from Evil Dead. I've always been better with painting uniforms, armor, and bones. I'm usually never happy with skin tones.

But this guys work is just next level

The Old One

The Old One

That's some next level shyiat.

Yo, Yolandi do that thing.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I feel that paint of that quality would make these $60-100 a figure. The quality is incredible.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd pay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed