"The Best Part Of Filming Had to be the Ensemble" - Shane Blacks Interview

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2018, 02:32:52 PM

Author
"The Best Part Of Filming Had to be the Ensemble" - Shane Blacks Interview (Read 17,765 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not watched yet.

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2018, 02:32:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Ganhrngyg

Not watched yet.

"Good playground supervisor"  :laugh: Love it, Shane.  Every time this man talks, it just gives me a sense of calm. 

skhellter

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: skhellter on May 15, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
LOL the intro on that video.  :laugh:

There's a video after the intro? Damn, gotta try to watch it then.

Hollywood

Good to see he has confidence after all is said and done. I love hearing this guy talk about filmmaking.

Highland

Quote from: skhellter on May 15, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
LOL the intro on that video.  :laugh:

You can tell it must have taken the guy 3 months to figure it out and wants it all in it's full 30 second glory.

Corporal Hicks

I have to say Black and the cast and crew's interviews are doing more to excite me at the minute!

whiterabbit

Was that the 1983 HBO feature presentation theme? Damn that is some nostalgia right there. Also Shane Black actually sounds like he got his shit together. Putting all the jokes aside, it feels like he is confident in the final product.

The Wolverine Predator

I've been confident since Shane was announced to write and direct and I'm getting more excited as time gets closer to September 14th

prototypeXIII

2 words: Practical Effects.  This has my hopes up.

ELDERCLANLEADER

My gosh guys , sorry I've been silent, my internet died a few days ago , back up now , just want to say how excited I am now after reading this , SHOUT OUT TO HOLLYWOOD ! I might not of agreed with with you to begin with , it's been turbulent but I sure as hell wish I would of listened sooner , I will always admit when I'm wrong and this time I'm truly wrong , I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS FILM ANY LONGER ! Faith has truly been restored .. LONG LIVE AVPGALAXY!!!  ;D

MudButt

If anything is making me more excited it's thinking about the cast he assembled. None of them are A-List hollywood stars but they're all super talented. Most of them come from some of the best television shows in the past few years. After reading the old leaks script, I have to say that the best part of it were the Loonies.

Master

But the rest is crap unfortunately.

MudButt

I wouldn't say crap, but the third act definitely needs work. Which from what it sounds like, they're currently re-shooting and doing some additional filming. Doesn't mean it's automatically going to be perfect though, but I have hope. Shane Black is a good writer, he really is, but he co-wrote this with Fred Dekker who hasn't done a lot recently. The dialogue was very 80's and 90's humour which doesn't work anymore. Shane Black has also said that while they were trying to figure out these characters they decided to just cast the roles and build up the roles around the actors. He's got a great ensemble, I think if you can make us care about the characters and give them some good dialogue so if and obviously when some of them start getting ripped apart we care.

But there are a lot of other things that need to be done right as well.

dallevalle

this dosen't give me much hope for this movie :(
why not ask John McTiernan he would do another perfect predator movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed