Prey sequel ideas

Started by Yautja888, Aug 14, 2022, 10:37:03 AM

Author
Prey sequel ideas (Read 14,733 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

After my rewatch of predators I'm into the idea of seeing what a collection for a game preserve hunt is like.

I really like this idea of a Predator being thought of like some god. Say WW2 and the Nazis think they just met Odin or a Valkyrie and they unmask it revealing the horrifying face underneath and it goes nuts on them. Indiana Jones meets Predator where the adventurer isn't a killer and that's why the Predators ignore them in the end but the Nazis can be slaughtered or dragged off into parts unknown. It'd also be a way to lore build as the archeological angle could be how they discover the predators.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I'm genuinely up for Prey 2 to go from Naru's film to Greyback's film during his time in the Korean War. Like "The Northman" perspective in which the Viking culture is so removed from us that its about the journey of the character's vengeance, instead of relatability and empathy. Where its the Predator's view point of not only stalking and hunting, but also learning more about the culture, orange/blue morality, code of honor, ect. Give us a real show, don't tell film and have the viewers really guessing what is going to happen next with a character who's motives are truly not human. Plus, it's a war movie, who doesn't like Saving Private Ryan but Korean War with a Predator running loose?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 14, 2022, 10:45:19 AMAnother period-set anthology story in a new era/location (preferably, feudal Japan).

Oh I like that! Samurai versus Yautja! Would explain why Samurai armor shares similarities toPredators!

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

I have a feeling Prey 2 might be about different predator inter species conflict with humans caught in the middle. After the defeat of the first predator, the other predator species might take keen interest on earth as a hunting ground. There is also no explanation on how the French trappers know of the Predator, maybe there might be a backstory to it.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 14, 2022, 06:02:12 PMI'm all for seeing a story with a younger Greyback obtaining the pistol from Naru.

But how is the question...should Greyback win it in combat against Naru, or have it be gifted to him by her? There's definitely options to choose from.

But if we can't get that, give me World War II either in Europe or Pacific Islands. I'm down for either. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a Predator f**k up some SS troops.

I feel like Naru gifts him the pistol. She has "some" understanding of their hunter culture based on her actions in Prey so I could imagine he might be given it as a sign of respect depending on what happens in a potential sequel.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Take it." Actually being Naru's words.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It's possible Naru and Greyback gain a mutual respect. Naru knowing more are on their way and still having Feral's weapons might have her slowly become a Predator in her own right. Greyback would still be young but if he grows up to be respected by his fellow hunters we could see a noticeable difference in tactics. Greyback is more traditional and since he's been there before he's less likely to kill whatever moves. Naru realizes he's not like Feral and Greyback despite who she's emulating is just as much an "honorable" hunter as he is.

I could see a scenario where we parallel Predator 2. Still one Predator as chasing her across the wilderness being why Greyback shows up with everyone in P2, he's not doing that shit twice with Harrigan. But Greyback has enough respect for her ability that he lets her keep the spear gun. Naru tosses him the pistol given to her by Adolini telling him to take it which he will repeat to Harrigan in 97.

As an aside I could actually see them doing something else weird with a Greyback sequel, Greyback didn't have a helmet in 2. Any Prey sequel could have the reason for that. The laser is mounted on his gun meaning if he went to retrieve Feral's body he probably realized what killed him. So he moves his laser to the gun itself making it less likely he'd experience friendly fire. As an alternative to the spear gun being given to Naru, he might give her his now mothballed helmet. It might even be a more traditional style helmet. Given the stargazer lab was supposed to be filled with elments of past encounters tying the films together, the JH helmet in the lab might be that helmet.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

A sequel set during the Civil War could be interesting. Imagine Preds at Gettysburg!

ace3g

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

A unique application of vocal mimicry is that a dialect would be out of place. Think something like Prey and it's native dub. In the dub everyone would speak the native language but imagine if the Predator slipped up. Instead of speaking Japanese it spoke English or it used the wrong dialect for the region. In a warring states period or having a ninja running information this becomes a plot-point. The Predator could effectively engineer a conflict as a result of saying the wrong thing. Someone assumes someone was in the wrong place at the wrong time and shit hits the fan with the Predator taking advantage of the chaos it unintentionally created.

Another thought is Oni. Like a Predator might not be the origin of any particular Oni, but you get it in the back of your head that this wasn't an isolated incident. They've encountered several Predator over the centuries not realizing what they're really looking at. A scenario where say you have a purported Tengu, but it's actually a falconer.

ace3g

Highland

Highland

I think an interesting spin on the Japan thing would be that if there was some old master that actually knows what the predator is and how to beat it.

We are used to the same story beats of finding out slowly that it's a monster, but it would be cool if it was in line with P2 where someone's hunted these things before and won.

Perhaps this person is THE trophy for the predators.

What if it's the Predators that are getting hunted...

Ya dig?!

ace3g

ace3g

I want a "house of mirrors" type scene involving a Predator, protagonist uses it as a type of trap.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's a pastiche of old ideas, but based on some replies I read here at AVPGalaxy I came up with this premise ;D

In a Blade Runner-esque future, a female billionaire entrepreneur descended from an ancient dynasty, is stalked by a Predator. A genetically modified human, who works as an elite bounty hunter, is hired to kill the alien hunter.

Through Assassin's creed animus a highly advanced augmented reality device that serves as a conduit between the past and present, using the woman's genetic material; the bounty hunter gets to experience (against the will of the businesswoman) the past when an ancient Egyptian (or from Feudal Japan, if you prefer) ancestor of her managed to kill a female Predator and keep its tech gadgets, including the mask, as relics. The Predator from the future has come to Earth to hunt down the female tycoon and take its Predkind's artifacts back home.

Master

Master

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 20, 2022, 02:24:16 AMI want a "house of mirrors" type scene involving a Predator, protagonist uses it as a type of trap.

https://film-grab.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/John-Wick-Chapter-2-046.jpg

Thing is Predator uses thermal vision, so mirrors are kinda useless.

See I don't want this series to turn into Predator prequel venture through different ages. I have my own idea how the sequel should look. But this Prey Sengoku rings so right I'd be eager to see how it looks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed