Dang the Predator is really fast!

Started by (Bad Blood), May 24, 2022, 04:27:17 AM

Author
Dang the Predator is really fast! (Read 3,262 times)

(Bad Blood)

I was just watching Predator 1987 last night and noticed right after killing Billy, Dutch notices his scream and only 10 seconds (I clocked it) pass before the Predator is right next to them before shooting Poncho in the head. He would have to be running at like 60 miles an hour to get that distance that quickly, they were pretty far from Billy by that point.

Kradan

Eh, he caught up using magic of editing

(Bad Blood)

Editing, the power of the gods.

SiL

SiL

It also has the benefit of jumping from tree to tree rather than walk over uneven terrain with a dead weight.

But yes, it is crazy fast.

Elmazalman

It was established just how fast the thing was with the first death. The trees helped a lot, too.

Interested to know which is faster: The Jungle Hunter or the Big Chap?

BlueMarsalis79

Jungle Hunter I reckon.

Kradan

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 06, 2022, 12:23:00 PMInterested to know which is faster: The Jungle Hunter or the Big Chap?

Are you kidding me ? Jungle Hunter, of course ! All Big Chap was capable of is slowly walking towards his victims while they stayed still paralysed with fear

SiL

SiL

Predators are pretty consistently shown moving faster than Aliens in their respective movies. It's not until about AvP that it switches.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 06, 2022, 08:53:15 PMPredators are pretty consistently shown moving faster than Aliens in their respective movies. It's not until about AvP that it switches.
Indeed! Dillon's death scene should be obvious enough. Predators are FAST mfs

Spoiler
but not as fast as the Newborn
[close]

SiL

SiL

For all its reputation for speed the Runner is consistently outrun by out of shape prisoners.

Spoiler
The newborn is the Usaine Bolt of the franchises though
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2022, 03:04:18 AMFor all its reputation for speed the Runner is consistently outrun by out of shape prisoners.

Spoiler
[close]
Indeed, the Runner seemed out of steam in the third act (for no particular reason), which unfortunately is a weak element - but I digress

I'd love for the new movie to just show how skilled Predators can be, something the past three movies (four counting AvPR) failed at big time

Spoiler
I just want to see the newborn running AT SUPER HIHG SPEED
[close]

PsyKore

There's a brief part in the tunnels where the runner hits a straight and you see it hit full speed there (and then a shot of the guy's blood spraying all over the door). I assumed it was slower before because of awkward cramped/bendy tunnels plus general Alien atmospheric creepiness. :P

SiL

SiL

Good at short bursts, not running. Ironically.

dHunter333

Short, controlled bursts.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 09, 2022, 12:58:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2022, 03:04:18 AMFor all its reputation for speed the Runner is consistently outrun by out of shape prisoners.

Spoiler
[close]
Indeed, the Runner seemed out of steam in the third act (for no particular reason), which unfortunately is a weak element - but I digress

I'd love for the new movie to just show how skilled Predators can be, something the past three movies (four counting AvPR) failed at big time

Spoiler
I just want to see the newborn running AT SUPER HIHG SPEED
[close]

Was going to make a meme 4U til I realised how much of a pain that effect is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed