Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 03:18:28 PM
So how does the compositing look?
General Discussion / Re: New Members >>> Introduce ...
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 03:15:13 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:29:57 PM@Corporal Hicks - just thinking on the above post /out loud; but any chance of emblems for the boards? (i.e. something like Order 937, Squad 426, Cult 161, etc (that sort of thing, with titles collectively voted by members) so members can easily find "their people"? 😄

Or the "Ripley 8's" for the resurrection fans.
General Discussion / Re: New Members >>> Introduce ...
Last post by Neila - Today at 03:08:38 PM
more fans of ALIEN 3, glad to see  :)
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: Isolatedmorph on Today at 10:39:31 AMWhen the Quadrilogy came out I remember my mum picking it up when at a Tesco, the box freaked me the F out and I remember mum and dad inviting my sister and husband round and they all sat down with my older brothers too and watched Aliens. They said I could watch it too, the menu freaked me out so I went to bed being able to hear the movie and it scared me half to death.

Buying Alien dvd in Tesco, you must be British then. 🤣
I've done the same.

It was a WHS Smith for me! Exact same store I also got the Legacy boxset from as well!

Welcome to the forums @Isolatedmorph! Please have a read through our forum rules and feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to seeing you nerd out with the rest of us. :)

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:22:56 PMWelcome all new members! 😃 I am *loving* the influx of new Alien 3 fans here!! (It's my personal second fave after the original regardless of which cut, and I've long said is a misunderstood masterpiece, regardless of production issues / studio interference). Happy to see it getting more recognition here on the boards! 😃

UK here also (fun fact; my hometown was the filming location for the beach of Fury 161)

I keep meaning to make a pilgrimage up to Blast Beach but I struggle to find the energy as I got older/lazier! lol

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:29:57 PM@Corporal Hicks - just thinking on the above post /out loud; but any chance of emblems for the boards? (i.e. something like Order 937, Squad 426, Cult 161, etc (that sort of thing, with titles collectively voted by members) so members can easily find "their people"? 😄

I'm not shooting down, as ultimately would depend on the software and Darkness, but what would that be in regards to? Just displaying a favourite film?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The Sympathizer
Last post by ace3g - Today at 03:01:34 PM
Alien Films / Re: Egg on Sulaco
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 02:59:20 PM
I think the back half of your ideas work to some degree, but I must say "bug hunt" does not refer to a prior encounter with the Alien, perhaps other easily circumvented extraterrestrial life similar to earth animals but nothing like Xenomorph XX121 hence the arrogance.

Idea 2 and 3 to a large degree, takes the company from opportunistic to actively malicious, and incompetent.
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 01:41:19 PMI respectfully disagree sir,

The nightmarish designs of Giger deserve more respect than to be described alongside the flaky, fluffy final product of yeast risen dough.

Well I was at least comparing it to one of those nice croissants. Not the rubbish kind.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 02:39:52 PM
I think we are both correct from certain perspectives as pointed out.

Depends on the media, we do not see in Alien Covenant itself, Monolith's AVP showed the Aliens farming but if we consider Aliens the film's depiction they seemingly keep producing ad infinitum.

Imagine if the entrance to the crashed Juggernaut did not house Pods but Eggs, if Motes could chase people up the stairs like Facehuggers, I believe you might have a greater number of Neomorphs than Aliens.

Just in Alien Covenant though we are shown the Facehugger does not need to stay on long but the Alien Chestburster still has several hours of development required.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed