Reshoots Begin at Leavesden Studios

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 17, 2016, 09:01:48 PM

Author
Reshoots Begin at Leavesden Studios (Read 25,588 times)

Richman678

Nothing to worry about guys. Peter Jackson had massive reshoots for the Two Towers and Return of the King.

HuDaFuK

That's literally 5 minutes down the road from me.

*grabs camera, gets in car*

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's very unusual for Scott to do re-shoots.

Quote from: Richman678 on Nov 18, 2016, 12:20:56 PM
Nothing to worry about guys. Peter Jackson had massive reshoots for the Two Towers and Return of the King.
Peter Jackson is one of the most overrated directors in history of cinema ;).

SiL

SiL

Depends if they're actual reshoots or just pickup shots. Huge difference.

Corporal Hicks

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/18663/why-reshoots-aren%E2%80%99t-a-reason-to-hit-the-panic-button

Worth a read for anyone worrying.

QuoteEven the term reshoots isn't particularly accurate. A reshoot seems to indicate that a particular shot has to be captured again. More likely, when assembling a cut of the picture in question, the director has noticed that a scene could use an extra shot or two here and there, or perhaps some more dialogue, just to add clarity. In some instances, a fresh scene or two might be needed, for similar reasons. That's, though, pick-up work, rather than an outright reshoot. Extra shooting might be a more appropriate phrase.

SiL

SiL

Like I said! :P

Alien had pickup shots. Most studio productions do. They miss little things that screw with the edit to not have.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
Like I said! :P

Alien had pickup shots. Most studio productions do. They miss little things that screw with the edit to not have.

Just providing some back-up.  :P It's really going to depend on the nature of the additional footage. The problem is people tend to just automatically go ut-oh when they hear reshoot. Even then, if it is genuine reshoots, we're that far off release that it's not a real problem. They have plenty of time to actually get it sorted so it's not like they'd be close-to-the-wire panic reshoots.

Odds are it's just pickups. Like SiL says, they're common. The Martian had additional footage shot as well.

426Buddy

Wasn't the Isle of Skye scene in prometheus part of a re-shoot/pick up shot as well?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 18, 2016, 01:15:55 PM
Wasn't the Isle of Skye scene in prometheus part of a re-shoot/pick up shot as well?

Yeah. That was shot in January, after principle photography.

Enoch

Enoch

I m more worried about composer story than reshoots.
Cant wait to hear who will compose the music.
Eliot would be perfect fit or Jóhannsson (but I think he is too busy).

Wobblyboddle77

It could be additional footage, for the extra material Alan Dean Foster is writing, they have decided to shoot some of it, even though probably unlikely. It could also maybe Fox want Ridley to tone the films violence down a little, nowadays, studios consult with the ratings boards during production and post production, so ot may be down to that.

DaveT937

DaveT937

Shit!  I live two mins from the studios!!!!

On my way now!!

Where do you live HuDa??

426Buddy

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Nov 18, 2016, 02:56:34 PM
It could also maybe Fox want Ridley to tone the films violence down a little, nowadays, studios consult with the ratings boards during production and post production, so ot may be down to that.

Surely that would be done in editing and wouldn't require a reshoot or pickup shot.

irn

irn

I heard Damon Lindelof was hired to have a look at the script just before the reshoots started happening.

426Buddy

Quote from: irn on Nov 18, 2016, 03:14:51 PM
I heard Damon Lindelof was hired to have a look at the script just before the reshoots started happening.

I heard he brought JJ Abrams with him to help rebuild the plot structure to hit all the same beats as Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed