The Predator Countdown Thread!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

Author
The Predator Countdown Thread! (Read 38,737 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Oh man, two more weeks and out!

Biomechanoid

I've mentioned before I HATE watching films at theaters - crying kids, ipads, etc. But I will definitely see The Predator at the theater.  Been a long journey from Predator 1987 to The Predator 2018. Looking forward to it!

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 31, 2018, 05:33:42 AM
I've mentioned before I HATE watching films at theaters - crying kids, ipads, etc. But I will definitely see The Predator at the theater.  Been a long journey from Predator 1987 to The Predator 2018. Looking forward to it!

I totally feel ya. The urge of watching a movie you waited for so long is often tempered by what you mentioned, unfortunately.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 31, 2018, 05:33:42 AM
IPads? I would toss them across the theatre. Same with phones. Just stay home.

The Old One

The Old One

At least where I live in the UK, all I have to do is get up and get the staff- there's usually no problems after that.

Dingbat

Dingbat

The first Alien of predator film I watched in the cinema was covenant.

I'm going to my first day at a film college in belgium and then in the evening I'm going to watch it in a cinema somewhere in Belgium.

The Old One

The Old One

Predators then Prometheus myself, looking forward to this one.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 31, 2018, 01:10:45 PM
I totally feel ya. The urge of watching a movie you waited for so long is often tempered by what you mentioned, unfortunately.

I average maybe once a year going to the theater and that's only because when my daughter comes into town, she likes to go the movies. So I did see Deadpool 2 at the theaters. Before that, at least a year or more and I can't even remember the movie.

I had no plans to go to the theater for another year but the other night a big storm took out my power. So off to the theater and saw Meg. The only two films available that late in the evening was Meg or Incredibles 2. I wish I had picked Incredibles 2. Meg wasn't bad, it delivers for a popcorn movie, plenty of high adrenaline action sequence. I would have thought a massive shark would have been exhilarating, but it really had little impact for me.

Anyway, no ipads this time but a young couple brought their toddlers, 9pm at night. So began the toddler whining and non-stop chatter.

At least where I live in the UK, all I have to do is get up and get the staff- there's usually no problems after that.

One time I was at the theater with my daughter and this ahole near the front row had his bright IPAD out non-stop. I got sick of it and started throwing little ice cubes at him. One finally hit him, he whipped back and shouted knock it out. I didn't have to say a word. Several other audience members shouted at him, "then turn off your f***n phone!"

Some people like that ahole think they are the center of the universe. Well, they're wrong! I'm the center of the universe!..... ;)

Huggs

Huggs

It took godzilla 2014 to get me back to the theater. Before that the last movie I had seen in theaters was either Aladdin or The Lion King .

Godzilla 2014 was a great experience. Everybody was on good behavior. The next movie I saw in theaters after that was Jurassic World, but it was full of yelling children and generally annoying people playing with their phones. The audio was way too loud, the projector had a pixel out, the room was dirty, and the power went out halfway through the picture.

Needless to say I prefer waiting for Blu-ray release now. Like I've said before, no seat beats my own. I've got climate control, my choice of food at cost, and I can hit the bathroom without missing the movie. Oh and the best part, repeat viewings are free.

The only movie that will get me back to the theater will be the next Godzilla. I look forward to watching the Meg and the predator on Blu-ray this winter.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 31, 2018, 07:12:37 PM
Before that the last movie I had seen in theaters was either Aladdin or The Lion King .

Lion King/Aladdin? Wow...that IS a long time. You just might be the King of Abandoning Theaters. You list out all the benefits of watching film at home and I'm right there with you. It took me awhile to build my home theater system the way I want, with the star of the set up being a Sony 75" android TV. Haven't missed the theaters since.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

From me  ;)

From Russia with Love ;)

And

QuoteThePredator is getting closer now, general thoughts? Hopes? Concerns?

This will be a real badass film straight out of the 80s (90s). A nonstandard story, witty dialogue, charismatic characters, and teeth-chattering battles vs Predators. It's Shane Black and couldn't be any other way.

8)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 31, 2018, 07:23:19 PM
Before that the last movie I had seen in theaters was either Aladdin or The Lion King .

Lion King/Aladdin? Wow...that IS a long time. You just might be the King of Abandoning Theaters. You list out all the benefits of watching film at home and I'm right there with you. It took me awhile to build my home theater system the way I want, with the star of the set up being a Sony 75" android TV. Haven't missed the theaters since.

Was just about to say, Aladdin/Lion King? My god  :laugh: I rarely go to the movies, especially since these days I have access to some pretty kickass home theatre setups.  Still haven't been completely sold on the efficacy of watching movies like this in theatre vs Blu-Ray (as in, whether the viewing experience will be greatly enhanced by watching it on the big screen or not.) Jury's still out on this one, but if it does end up being mindblowingly awesome I will absolutely regret not seeing it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 31, 2018, 07:23:19 PM

It takes a lot to get me to go. The only reason I went for Jurassic world was because I love the Jurassic movies so much, and after my good experience with Godzilla, I thought I'd try for another. I was wrong. I just prefer home viewings I guess. With the technology we have today, large screen TV's, high definition picture, quality surround sound, there's just no need.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 31, 2018, 07:02:59 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 31, 2018, 01:10:45 PM

I average maybe once a year going to the theater and that's only because when my daughter comes into town, she likes to go the movies. So I did see Deadpool 2 at the theaters. Before that, at least a year or more and I can't even remember the movie.

I had no plans to go to the theater for another year but the other night a big storm took out my power. So off to the theater and saw Meg. The only two films available that late in the evening was Meg or Incredibles 2. I wish I had picked Incredibles 2. Meg wasn't bad, it delivers for a popcorn movie, plenty of high adrenaline action sequence. I would have thought a massive shark would have been exhilarating, but it really had little impact for me.

Anyway, no ipads this time but a young couple brought their toddlers, 9pm at night. So began the toddler whining and non-stop chatter.

One time I was at the theater with my daughter and this ahole near the front row had his bright IPAD out non-stop. I got sick of it and started throwing little ice cubes at him. One finally hit him, he whipped back and shouted knock it out. I didn't have to say a word. Several other audience members shouted at him, "then turn off your f***n phone!"

Some people like that ahole think they are the center of the universe. Well, they're wrong! I'm the center of the universe!..... ;)

God, your cinema goers are so rude in the States. I used to work in a cinema and we regularly checked screens to make sure nothing like that was happening. We'd boot out people like that.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 01, 2018, 09:11:07 AM
God, your cinema goers are so rude in the States. I used to work in a cinema and we regularly checked screens to make sure nothing like that was happening. We'd boot out people like that.

I find it doubtful rude people at theaters is exclusive to the States. I find it more likely it's a global issue. Examples opposite your example is in this very thread where forum members in France and the Netherlands complained of rude people in theaters.

And according to this Brit on reddit, UK cinemas are not exactly free of rude people....

"Now the shooting still had an effect even here in the uk, so the cinema was tense with slight increase in true British paranoia, but everything was fine. Except the jackass who keep checking and surfing Facebook every 6 minutes with a fully gleaming phone. People had asked and he flat out refused in less than polite manner, his phone on full brightness. "

And if you're still skeptical UK cinema is also plagued with rude people, here's 67 examples of bad behavior in British cinema....
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/british-cinema-behaviour-survey/38420/british-cinema-behaviour-67-examples-of-bad-experiences

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed