New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,317 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Highland on Dec 23, 2020, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 23, 2020, 02:03:14 AM
I actually prefer The Predator to AvP.  I find AvP just so bland, and Sterling K. Brown just pushes it over the top for me.

I felt like Anderson knew the source material waayyy better than Shane black ( I couldn't even remember his name there ha ha) . AVP might even be decent of you replace the Predator Puppets with the originals.....and maybe chuck another 20 minutes on the start.

The Predator nose dives so hard it was comedy for me. I'll never watch The Predator again ( once) , but I'd watch AVP.

Anderson may have known the source material better, but what's more important to me is that Black is a much better filmmaker than Anderson and Black usually really 'gets' action/comedy.

And yet, somehow, Black's film manages to be even worse than AVP, a film that I find to be basically unwatchable.

skhellter

i suspect a certain degree of arrogance was involved.

Prior to the movie coming out Shane was shit talking Alien Resurrection and how bad it was...

and in many ways he made a film that is a lot worse.

Has no discernable style to it, the soundtrack's hardly inspired, the story makes even less sense than Resurrection...

SuperiorIronman

The Predator's fundamental issue is that Shane Black is not a horror director. They just had the wrong guy on the job, Shane Black is more at home when he was doing Iron man 3 than The Predator and it shows. Shane Black is not a bad writer and director but he was not the guy to helm a Predator movie.
The Predator is also crippled in the editing bay which is also a good chunk of why this film had the profitability problems it did. You also have to consider that they also had a script which was butchered following the test-screenings and ass hats who leaked it. These all being problems you need sorting out in pre-production and or earlier, not after the money has already been spent. Predators are costly creature FX and they had like four of these things, two of which they now had problems marketing. They also had a whole group of mutants that they could also do nothing with though unlike the Emissary it's unclear if they actually spent money on making them.

Anderson I don't doubt knows the material but AVP was and is a versus story. You don't go to these things for drama, you go to shit like this because you wanna see guys in rubber monster suits fight. Nobody watches Freddy versus Jason, Alien Versus Predator, or like any Godzilla movie because we care about what the Humans are doing. If the Human element is great then that's awesome, but all AVP had to do was sell us on the fight and it did. AVP isn't a good movie but it succeeded at all it really needed to do.

Kradan

I actually prefer The Predator to AvP.  I find AvP just so bland, and Sterling K. Brown just pushes it over the top for me.

On one hand, I have a huge soft spot for AvP. On the other, you said something good about The Predator

Spoiler
ERROR, ERROR, CAN'T COMPUTE
[close]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 23, 2020, 04:54:39 AM
And they say you take only bad views of Predator faces. Just can't admit that these faces suck man

>:(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 24, 2020, 10:48:06 AM

On one hand, I have a huge soft spot for AvP. On the other, you said something good about The Predator

Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 24, 2020, 01:29:45 AM
Anderson I don't doubt knows the material but AVP was and is a versus story. You don't go to these things for drama, you go to shit like this because you wanna see guys in rubber monster suits fight. Nobody watches Freddy versus Jason, Alien Versus Predator, or like any Godzilla movie because we care about what the Humans are doing. If the Human element is great then that's awesome, but all AVP had to do was sell us on the fight and it did. AVP isn't a good movie but it succeeded at all it really needed to do.

Ash vs The Evil Dead was good. So was Kramer vs Kramer. :P

But yeah, I don't personally subscribe to the notion that a versus movie that is bad "succeeded" as long as it sold us on a fight. Like the bad choices in scripting, pacing, filming, editing and design are waived away as acceptable or inevitable because it's a versus film. T2 is versus film at it's heart. Just in 10 seconds you could replace the Predator with the T800 protecting Lex and her child for some reason (maybe their ship crashed in an Alien jungle) as they fight off Xenomorphs and we've already came up with a framework for a much compelling AvP film.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 24, 2020, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 24, 2020, 10:48:06 AM

Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 24, 2020, 01:29:45 AM

Ash vs The Evil Dead was good. So was Kramer vs Kramer. :P

But yeah, I don't personally subscribe to the notion that a versus movie that is bad "succeeded" as long as it sold us on a fight. Like the bad choices in scripting, pacing, filming, editing and design are waived away as acceptable or inevitable because it's a versus film. T2 is versus film at it's heart. Just in 10 seconds you could replace the Predator with the T800 protecting Lex and her child for some reason (maybe their ship crashed in an Alien jungle) as they fight off Xenomorphs and we've already came up with a framework for a much compelling AvP film.

I preferred Kramer vs Predator

Lizardboy

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/predator-movies-reportedly-introduce-female-predators/

I know that WGTW is trash, but the source seems to be Daniel Ritchman's patreon, and the guy has a very good track record.

Corporal Hicks

That's the same name they always credit with these scoops. I still don't believe it for a second.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2021, 10:15:49 AM
That's the same name they always credit with these scoops. I still don't believe it for a second.

Yeah, right now he's currently touting a Predators sequel, three different Alien shows, an AVP show, a young Ripley movie, a Ridley Scott movie (that isn't a Covenant sequel), and a James Cameron movie.

Slow your roll, dude.

Wysps

Throw enough stuff out there, something is bound to stick.

Though I wish he was right about some of those  :-\

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 06, 2021, 12:08:56 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2021, 10:15:49 AM

Yeah, right now he's currently touting a Predators sequel, three different Alien shows, an AVP show, a young Ripley movie, a Ridley Scott movie (that isn't a Covenant sequel), and a James Cameron movie.

Slow your roll, dude.

Mr.Turok

I just gotten my hands on Predator If It Bleeds, and I just read a story where a group of Predators allied with a Comanche tribe in 1917. Kind of surreal reading the story and knowing that they are enemies in the new film. What I do like is how they use their legends to connect the Predator in mythic ways like how they connect their cloaking to disappearing into the spirit plane.

I just realized that I'm surprised no one brought up the story May Blood Pave My Way Home from the If It Bleeds collection as a ref.

Yautja888

It's too early to tell at this point but it seems that this movie could focus on the roots of the franchise
wich is the hunting and the trophies.Concerning the predator background,' less is more' is the right move.Let's stop humanizing the predator, let's make it scary and mean like it should be.

An interesting choice to play the main character could be the actress Tanajsia Slaughter,
she plays a native american in the upcoming western Black Wood.

Teaser =  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ibp7hHfR4

ace3g

It will be interesting to see if The Volume - LED technology is used during production of this film.

overthere

Why can't John McTiernan do another Predator?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed