New ACM mod out!!

Started by general_bradly, Mar 29, 2016, 07:24:52 PM

Author
New ACM mod out!! (Read 23,820 times)

general_bradly

general_bradly

Hello all you crazy ACM fans, I am one of them. There is a new mod out for ACM that claims to 'overhaul' the game. It sounds really interesting. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to play it yet, having some issues on my gaming computer at the moment. Its over at Mod DB, check out the link below. As soon as I play it I will post a review.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul

templargfx

templargfx

I hope you enjoy it!

Its a real shame no one informed me all those years ago its possible to hex edit this game,  I could have done this years ago!

v3 brings a whopping 10,000+ modifications via hex!

general_bradly

general_bradly

This mod is awesome!!! ;D

I have tried every ACM mod ever made and this one is the best! The xenomorphs are finally the ultimate killing machines that they should be. Even one xeno is a HUGE threat and multiple xenos are an absolute nightmare. This makes the campaign very tense as you can die ANY moment when the xenomorphs are around. Even reloading your weapon becomes tense because this gives the xenomorphs time to close the distance. The weyland-yutani mercs are now just cannon fodder for the xenos and marines.

Templargfx has done a great job with this mod and he is still working on it!!! Please check it out and give it a try, you will not be disappointed!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop and I plan on trying this out later tonight. Gonna get it up in the news after.  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Interesting, let us know what you guys think after playing it, could make me boot up the game for the first time since the day I bought it on steam.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

If it's good enough I may even buy A:CM on Steam.... Only 15 bucks. It'll probably go on sale for summer pretty soon too.

Jeanjean

Jeanjean

Can't wait to try it !  :P

Predatorium

Predatorium

Campaign still sucks :) Nothing can save that. MP has always been fun. More mercs? lol no thanks..no mercs, yes plz.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't believe it said there was more mercs? Only that the mercs AI had been tweaked to make them less annoying.

Quote from: Predatorium on Apr 07, 2016, 10:51:52 AM
Campaign still sucks :) Nothing can save that. MP has always been fun.

True on both counts though.  :(

Jeanjean

Jeanjean

>Prredatorium

Never played the initial game to be honest, due to the awful reviews, so can't tell about the campaign...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The fact that it took a Mod to really fix the game, when it shouldnt have been released in the state it was in the first place. Shows that Companies should be hiring these people to test everything before the game is finally released

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I think the color of the ACM game was not the issue.  I mean, it looked right when compared against the film.  Cameron went for a decidedly blue color balance and the game nailed it the first time around.  Why fix something that worked right?  Anybody have any idea if you have the ACM "pass" if that means you can get this for free?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not a paid for official add-on. It's a fan-made thing.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2016, 02:51:55 PM
It's not a paid for official add-on. It's a fan-made thing.

Oh, I see.  Thank you.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Lol Duke Nukem mod where you can toss money and get TaTas

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed