ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 156,120 times)

Stringer2355

Predaker

Predaker

Thanks ikarop. I read all six pages before the link was marked "forbidden."

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2013, 07:02:57 AM
Quote from: Njm1983 on Feb 01, 2013, 12:02:10 AM
QuoteFor more details on Aliens: Colonial Marines -- the canonical sequel to Aliens hitting Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on February 12 – visit sega.com/alienscolonialmarines

Aftert reading that, Im gonna jump on the band wagon and say.... They are really stroking the "canon" thing to its maximum potential
Which'll be their biggest downfall with fans, I think.

I would hope that fans would play the game to enjoy it for reasons besides "canon". I'm personally not focusing too much on the "canon" aspect. I'm just happy that a group of people took the time to give us a game in the Aliens universe, an opportunity to play as colonial marines or in multiplayer's case as xenomorphs in an environment and atmosphere that is based on the movie "ALIENS". The story for the campaign may turn out to not be the most canon worthy story but if it is a good story than that is good enough for me.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Feb 01, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
"UE3 hates the PS3"   :(
No. The devs hates to optimize their games for the Cell processor.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Not too sure where to ask this but...how does this game differ from the previous AvP game that was released a few years ago.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2010/02/17/aliens-vs-predator-review-2
This one.

WinterActual

WinterActual

It lacks predators
Its coop oriented
Overall its more polished
Somehow true to the Aliens movie

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 03, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
Not too sure where to ask this but...how does this game differ from the previous AvP game that was released a few years ago.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2010/02/17/aliens-vs-predator-review-2
This one.

HRMM, thats a real tough one. Anyone know what the difference is? LOL. If you're afraid to read other posts then i suggest you rush to your local VHS rental store and ask costumer service.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Oh yeah no preds hehe  :P

More coop eh hmmm I trust single player will still be catered for? same kind of online multiplayer options?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Hubbs on Feb 03, 2013, 05:17:12 PM
Oh yeah no preds hehe  :P

More coop eh hmmm I trust single player will still be catered for? same kind of online multiplayer options?
Yup. Drop in drop out co-op for campaign up to 4 players.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 03, 2013, 05:05:19 PM
It lacks predators
Its coop oriented

1) It lacks a lot of things.
2) L4D is also coop oriented though you would be surprise how many people think its just a TDM shooter.
3) That is not true according to what we've seen. It has more features than AVP has but everything is pretty unpolished from game graphics, to animation, gameplay mechanic, voice actor, etc.
4) What? Ah forgive me, I miss-read the first time and didn't see the "somehow".  :D

Hubbs

Hubbs

So is this game more coop over FPS? sorry to be rather slow on this.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 03, 2013, 07:58:15 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 03, 2013, 05:05:19 PM
It lacks predators
Its coop oriented

1) It lacks a lot of things.
2) L4D is also coop oriented though you would be surprise how many people think its just a TDM shooter.
3) That is not true according to what we've seen. It has more features than AVP has but everything is pretty unpolished from game graphics, to animation, gameplay mechanic, voice actor, etc.
4) What? Ah forgive me, I miss-read the first time and didn't see the "somehow".  :D
Dude I am not comparing the game with L4D, I am just saying how it differs from AvP 2010. And with more polished I had in mind its finished while AvP '10 was released half way done. I am not saying the voice acting is good or the graphics are superior etc. I know they suck, relax  :laugh:

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Oh! My mistake, I'm so sorry!
Though, I wouldn't bet on the fact that the game is finished and not halfway done.
That's the first thing I'll check when getting it.

ikarop

ikarop

Posted a minute ago. Be fast!

QuoteGet in quick we only have a limited number left.

Male t-shirts
962WK-THM7Y-M4DCF-9KM4C-F9XPZ
94YKJ-TQKDR-QFK69-C4Y74-CFGKZ
94Y66-HKPKW-DWX4D-DTFMV-T4XVZ

Female t-shirts
94PDY-W69YY-429H2-HG4KM-M32TZ
94QKW-4M4GD-2GQ4C-9G9XR-W4HCZ

http://www.xboxplayers.co.uk/site/showthread.php?3237-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Games-Week&s=814a4f15184b29432d04e36ff0b07d68&p=9048&viewfull=1#post9048

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed