GI Joe Predator Homage Figures

Started by Sol, Dec 10, 2020, 05:15:03 PM

Author
GI Joe Predator Homage Figures (Read 3,940 times)

Sol

Sol

Didn't exactly know where to place this, but I figured you all would get a kick out of this. In 2010 Hasbro made a line of figures in their regular 3 3/4", 1/18 scale called 'Pursuit of Cobra'. A very sought after line, and one of those reasons is that the whole line appears to be influenced by the Predator films.

Here's a glimpse at some of the figures;

Dutch... I mean Duke. Leader of the Joes.

"Spirit Iron-Knife", their tracker.

Recondo here, looking like a god-damned sexual Tyrannosaur.

And here is the most desirable figure from the line, and some of you may be able to guess what he is supposed to be referencing right at first glance. This is the 'Shadow Tracker'. He's got a myriad of bladed weapons, a bow w/ arrows, a net, a spear, and more. He is armed to the teeth with mostly more traditional hunting and survival weaponry.

He's got a mask, that like our familiar space sports hunter, hides the true nature of his face. And to top it off, has a head fill of locked hair.

This figure can easily command upwards to $100 dollars in the packages.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

A few of the GI Joe toys from that era came with 'Aliens' guns - there was a Duke that came with a pulse rifle, and the Cobra Iron Grenadier had a Smart Gun.

Corporal Hicks

An actual Pulse Rifle looking thing? Or just in name?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Nope, an actual honest to god 'Aliens' Pulse Rifle:

Ditto with the Iron Grenadier's Smart Gun:

Corporal Hicks

No denying that! That's pretty freaking cool!

JokersWarPig

Before NECA did their smartgun I remember using a modified Iron Grenadier one for my gunners  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

In the picture I posted you can see the socket ports in the smartgun and on the Iron Genadier's hip where the auto-aim hip mount would have socketed in, but the figure ultimately didn't come with that part. I don't know if any prototype photos showed it with that part, either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed