Hiya Toys

Started by Skulexander, Apr 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Author
Hiya Toys (Read 63,421 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 26, 2021, 12:34:26 PM
What about the jazwares 4 inch halo toys? Do the Predators scale well enough with those? Anybody have both?

Bump on this. Can anyone who has both post a picture?

Sol

Sol

Quote from: VincentVegaFFF on Nov 17, 2021, 07:54:31 PM
Hiya has said they're doing Rambo figures so hopefully that means some military figures we can use with the Predators.

There's a ton of great figures in the same scale from JoyToy and Toys Alliance.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Recently it was announced that Hiya will be doing 6 inch Judge Dredd figures, in addition to 4 inch figures. I wonder if that means they may do 6 inch Predators at some point.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 02, 2022, 05:10:29 PM
Recently it was announced that Hiya will be doing 6 inch Judge Dredd figures, in addition to 4 inch figures. I wonder if that means they may do 6 inch Predators at some point.

Sounds like would conflict with NECA's line. But who knows.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Agreed - NECA has the license to do 6" scale Predator figures (even if they're doing f**k-all with the license right now IMO), I doubt Hiya would be able to do it.

It's the same reason Funko POPs for Marvel and Star Wars are all bobble-heads - Hasbro has the license for "figures" at that scale, and bobble-heads are a sort of loophole work-around that lets Funko make Marvel/Star Wars products at that scale without infringing on Hasbro's license.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 04, 2022, 03:39:07 AM
Agreed - NECA has the license to do 6" scale Predator figures (even if they're doing f**k-all with the license right now IMO), I doubt Hiya would be able to do it.

It's the same reason Funko POPs for Marvel and Star Wars are all bobble-heads - Hasbro has the license for "figures" at that scale, and bobble-heads are a sort of loophole work-around that lets Funko make Marvel/Star Wars products at that scale without infringing on Hasbro's license.
NECA has stated that they STILL have the Alien license. But now with Disney owning the rights they've got more hurdles to jump to get approvals.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sol on Jan 02, 2022, 11:40:38 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 02, 2022, 05:10:29 PM

Sounds like would conflict with NECA's line. But who knows.

That doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen. Look at Marvel Legends, MAFEX, and SH Figuarts. All competing for the same market. Adult collector grade. Competition for more 6-7 inch scale Predators is good IMO. I'd like to have a few extra options.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Aren't MAFEX, and SH Figuarts Japanese companies? Maybe that makes a difference. Who owns the rights to Batman vs. Predator?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Mafex and SH Figuarts are a different "collector's market", they aren't mass market retail like Marvel Legends, which you can find at Wal-Mart.

Sol

Sol

I would love to see them create figures based on the new Xeno types shown in Fireteam Elite. Even their Drones and Warriors are different enough from the original Giger and Cameron designs to warrant a different or altered mold.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Isolation Drone & working joe plz.

Sol

Sol

Gonna grab these two to hang out with my upcoming Hiya figs.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

JoyToy 's Skeleton Forces....That shit is like...What?
Its pretty cool that a toy company could put out a toy line inspired by this and that. They did so with some 70s tvshow but updated it, some other exoskeleton stuff. Its a niche kind  of cool.

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

I would love to see some of the video game Aliens/Predators made as well. Comics as well.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: VincentVegaFFF on Jan 24, 2022, 07:47:39 PM
I would love to see some of the video game Aliens/Predators made as well. Comics as well.

We had several from Colonial Marines (Raven, Crusher, Spitter, Boiler, etc). Nothing from the comics or games for Preds, yet. I'm sure they will eventually since they already set the precedent with CM.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed