Clip shown on the Graham Norton show

Started by FreeFacehugz, May 06, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Author
Clip shown on the Graham Norton show (Read 29,629 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: SiL on May 07, 2017, 12:21:02 PM
That POV shot is so, so lazy. It's not even fish eye. It's just a regular perspective shot, slightly higher off the ground, with an overlay you can make in 3 minutes in After Effects. Doesn't add anything, doesn't achieve anything; would've been better left on the cutting room floor.

That indeed look like a a simple After Effects overlay shots :D
Not sure how it plays in the film but it doesn't add anything to the clip there.

MrRipley

MrRipley

Does the shower scene work,anybody.

What's going on with the ALIEN around the 0:09 second point in the clip--it looks like the CGI ALIEN has magically disolved its back bones through the floor plates, not through the hatch opening but through the actual floor metal plates--not cool, not good at all!

What made A L I E N so awesome (creature related) was that we never really saw the beast in the fashion we now do in the latest film.  Thank God the shark in JAWS never worked--a great lesson to be re-learned in todays cinema- ???

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm dumbfounded how Fox Studios and Ridley Scott could've allowed the CGI Alien's tubes to clip through the floor at the 0:08 mark. I just... no. Dammit, it's just so sloppy and unprofessional. It's not the kind of quality I expect from someone of the likes of Ridley Scott. Absolutely unacceptable. :-/

Also, Walter wincing when the Alien snapped at the camera was extremely unusual given he's a droid. Is he reprogrammed with more human-like emotions and functionality at some point in the film? ???

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on May 09, 2017, 01:24:13 AM
Also, Walter wincing when the Alien snapped at the camera was extremely unusual given he's a droid. Is he reprogrammed with more human-like emotions and functionality at some point in the film? ???

Spoiler
It is David pretending to be Walter. And about the human emotions:

[close]

Common Sense

Common Sense

Elephant in the room, how the hell does the alien know WTF a camera is to even snap at????

Feeds On Minds

Hahahahaha
This clip is laughably bad.  ::)

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Quote from: Common Sense on May 09, 2017, 01:38:06 AM
Elephant in the room, how the hell does the alien know WTF a camera is to even snap at????

This^^^

echobbase79

They learn and adapt. At least that's how I make sense of it.

Common Sense

Common Sense

Come on man....This is the shit that ruins movies. Dont write that garbage in there lol if you had never saw a Camera before , you would just think it was part of the structure. So the alien knows somebody is on the other end of the Camera??? Thats just dumb

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Oh come on guys, the CGI isn't that bad.

*watches clip again*

OMGWAT :-\ :-\ ??? >:(

whiterabbit

Quote from: echobbase79 on May 09, 2017, 03:38:33 AM

They learn and adapt. At least that's how I make sense of it.
Yea I'm sure that the alien has enough sense to realize that something or someone is foiling his plans on murdering the crew. Oh what is that odd thing on the ceiling... it's all instinct baby.

Infected

Thats what the xeno thought, how in the hell did they know i was running through this corridor with my ultra silent paws,
so its a display of its intelligence, and besides that maybe the camera moved and made a little bit of sound.

dlb

dlb

Apart from the bad CGI I just hate how the Alien moves towards that door. It appears to move on rails while it was so damn sneaky crawling through that went. And why does it have its tail proned like a scorpion? goddamn, that clip is terribly bad and might be the only bad shot I have seen so far of this movie.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Common Sense on May 09, 2017, 04:41:11 AM
Come on man....This is the shit that ruins movies. Dont write that garbage in there lol if you had never saw a Camera before , you would just think it was part of the structure. So the alien knows somebody is on the other end of the Camera??? Thats just dumb

I'll have to watch the full scene, but the Alien has been on the ship at that point for a good bit of time I think. So it might have learned the structures of the ship. Like I said it can learn and adapt. Now if you think it's stupid, that's subjective. I think it's pretty cool that the Alien can figure things out. And it can see judging from the POV shots that we've seen in this particular moment so I'm sure it sees Walter.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Spoiler
Wait, so it IS David and not Walter in this clip?
[close]

Spoiler tag added. Hicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed