Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 644,475 times)

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

I had finally bought myself the Rhino Alien (Yaaaaayyyy) - but once again I repainted the Kenner homage into film-style colours.
Here are a couple of pictures of it with the cranial covering and without (use as alternate variant).

BlueMarsalis79

Looks good!

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Here is a quick custom (compared to some) Predator I have created using an Alien Vs Predator body with a spare Stalker head and added tusks from a spare Tracker mask. I have modified the AvP Predators to make their wrist weapons modular to swap around - hence why he has a wrist mounted net launcher on his right gauntlet.
This is going to be one of the three Predator hunting pack that will feature in a fan story I'm creating - Predator Vs The Thing.
Not thought of the name yet (he is not the main one in the story).

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Here is another Kenner homage Xenomorph painted in film colours - the Gorilla Xenomorph. I initially painted it in a bluish-grey drybrush (like the blue Warriors), but I finally decided to paint it in Drone colours (like my Rhino Xenomorph repaint) because, let's face it it is more a Drone variant.
Here is the Gorilla Xenomorph, a picture with other drones, and a picture of it with the black dome covering (as a variant).

BlueMarsalis79

Excellent it's an Alien from The Cold Forge!

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 25, 2021, 12:35:59 PM
Excellent it's an Alien from The Cold Forge!
That's what I thought when I read the book :). There have been so many good novels (I still love Sea of Sorrows).

BlueMarsalis79

I think we have three good novels but to each their own. (But in fairness I have not read Echo, Prototype or Infiltrator or the ones prior to Titan Books.)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Mar 25, 2021, 11:45:12 AM
Here is another Kenner homage Xenomorph painted in film colours - the Gorilla Xenomorph. I initially painted it in a bluish-grey drybrush (like the blue Warriors), but I finally decided to paint it in Drone colours (like my Rhino Xenomorph repaint) because, let's face it it is more a Drone variant.
Here is the Gorilla Xenomorph, a picture with other drones, and a picture of it with the black dome covering (as a variant).

That is nice work!

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Neomorph-01 on Mar 25, 2021, 11:45:12 AM

Very cool! Great paint job sir!

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Who is a fellow fan of The Thing? I thought it would be fun to create a fan fiction crossover. So I'm currently writing Predator Vs The Thing.
On a remote base on a frozen moon, a group of scientists and a squad of Colonial Marines find themselves under siege from a Predator hunting pack. But is the threat from the hunters or is the real threat hidden among them.
Here is a custom figure I have created of one of the Things in that story - using a Left 4 Dead Smoker figure as the base with added parts from a Trilobite, an eyestalk from a broken McFarlaine Noris Head-Thing (the spider legs had snapped off before the pack was opened), along with spare parts from my Warhammer 40K Tyranids.

The first image is the revelation of a Thing, the second image is when it sprouts tendrils and tongues to attack, third image it sprouts a long neck to attempt an escape, fourth image closeup of the head (on the end of the neck) attempting to latch on to an escape.

[cancerblack]

Very cool. Tyranid parts look to all be from the Trygon/Mawloc kit to my eye?

I've just started fixups and a repaint on an SH Monsterarts bigchap, pics will be posted when I'm done but it might be a while since I'm currently fresh out of gloss varnish.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 05, 2021, 08:54:49 PM
Tyranid parts look to all be from the Trygon/Mawloc kit to my eye?
Very good eye Cancerblack. Spare spikes and mandibles from the Trygon/Mawloc kit made very good teeth/claws for the Thing - with more spares for the other versions of the Thing (so excited about this custom project - should be about six different Things to create, including the one that starts the nightmare)

Look forward to seeing pics of your Big Chap project (understand all too well the amount of gloss varnish needed for Xenomorph customs/repaints)

[cancerblack]

Ended up getting this done before the Big Chap. NECA Shaman Predator (the flimsy staff broke basically the day I got it, so I'm planning to fabricate a pair of dueling knives for him).

Kradan

Kradan

He looks so happy being put in the grass

https://youtu.be/diwuu_r6GJE

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

That is a sweet conversion cancerblack.
The Shaman Predator is a good figure for customs - longer dreadlocks are perfect for veteran Predator conversions (I look forward to the upcoming Ultimate Shaman Predator)

I know all too well when items/figure articulation snaps when you get something out of the package (one reason I will get spares at the same time). But I turn my frown upside-down and turn damage into customizing projects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed