Alien Isolation coming to the Switch

Started by Jacku, Jun 11, 2019, 05:05:32 PM

Author
Alien Isolation coming to the Switch (Read 34,679 times)

Hudson

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2019, 06:39:56 PM
I can't help but wonder who the target audience is for ports like this and Resident Evil. When Nintendo are obviously kid-friendly, it makes little sense to put these sorts of games on there. It's amazing what they've done with Witcher but again, why would I want to play it on a handheld with reduced graphics, when I can play it on a massive TV.

Quote from: Hudson on Jun 12, 2019, 02:03:55 PM
I don't have a Switch, so...what's "HD rumble"?

Nothing really. The joy cons have more refined rumble vibrations than you would find in a normal controller. I don't think the rumble is anywhere near as strong as a Dualshock 4.

I've had the same thought about the RE games, particularly when GameCube was the current gen. The fact that the remake of Metal Gear Solid is still exclusive to GameCube...WTF?

People who want to play first party Nintendo games and also want to play M-rated shooters and whatnot will probably just have multiple consoles.

SiL

why would I want to play it on a handheld with reduced graphics, when I can play it on a massive TV.

...but you can play the Switch on a massive TV ???

SM

SM

:D

Corporal Hicks

Is the graphical quality different between being docked and on the handheld? I admit, I mostly play my Switch in handheld form but I don't really see any difference compared.

SiL

I mean the handheld screen is tiny, so any drop in quality isn't actually going to be noticeable when you're portable. The thing seems to run nice quality graphics docked, but I don't know exact tech specs.

Darkness

It varies from game to game but you're looking at maximum 720p on the handheld and 900p on the TV. The CPU also is clocked lower so you will see performance issues in handlheld mode.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2019, 06:02:13 AM
why would I want to play it on a handheld with reduced graphics, when I can play it on a massive TV.

...but you can play the Switch on a massive TV ???

I meant a big TV with a higher resolution. Like a PS4 Pro where you're getting 4K output.

PsyKore

I can't help but wonder who the target audience is for ports like this and Resident Evil. When Nintendo are obviously kid-friendly, it makes little sense to put these sorts of games on there.

Eh? Nintendo have always been ok with adult games since MK2 on SNES. It's there for people that want it.

Deaconschristpose

I just wonder if the Switxh VR can handle it. I know the Zelda VR add-on got a bunch of crap for not being true VR, but that game wasn't made for it. Really curious to see if Nintendo's VR is up to par and this game could be a good example if they go with it.

Jenga

Jenga

@ Deaconschrispose - I don't see any reference to the VR function of the Nintendo Switch(Labo VR) being used in this port of the game. Are you getting your wires crossed from an earlier posters wish to get the unfinished PC VR version officially ported to PSVR?

One additional thing: I first played this incredible game on the 360 and (As it was released during the transition between the PS3 to PS4 and X360 to XBONE and the last gen versions were very well done and completely captured the visuals, sounds and spirit of the game. The next gen (now current gen) versions look better but not in any major/transformative way. In other words, the differences are fairly minor (just simple spec updates (higher render resolution, higher shadow details etc) but they essentially look the same, just sharper/clearer, not different looking art assets for instance. This means that the Switch version should look similar to the excellent 360 version which would still be a very nice port and worth getting for someone who has wanted to play but never had a PC/Xbox/Playstation to try it out on. I personally have also picked up the PS4 versions (higher quality) and the PC (for VR Mother mod) so I'm not going to buy the game a fourth time but I highly implore people who haven't get to get this game. It's truly phenomenal if you are an OG Alien fan!

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.
I'm glad Isolation's ported the for Switch user.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Looks good.

Adam802

Alien Isolation is still a masterpiece.

dinosauriac

dinosauriac

I'd be interested in knowing how this came about. It's been several years since Isolation released, a lot of the people involved no longer work at Creative Assembly and an entirely separate company made the port. Can only imagine CA had good archiving, for things like the Switch port and that weird machinima / animation series that came out recently to be possible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Release date 5th December:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed