From The Other Side, Discussing Dan Trachtenerg's Predator 5 (aka Skulls) - AvP Galaxy Podcast #119

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2020, 04:00:50 PM

Author
From The Other Side, Discussing Dan Trachtenerg's Predator 5 (aka Skulls) - AvP Galaxy Podcast #119 (Read 15,213 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 119th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop, Voodoo Magic and Xenomorphine are back to discuss and speculate on the big news regarding Dan Trachtenberg and Patrick Aison’s Predator 5 (aka Skulls)!

We dig into the Comanche and Native American cultures and how the Predator could fit in, Voodoo Magic drops his theory on how it could in fact be a prequel to Predator 2 featuring Greyback, Xenomorphine educates us on Skinwalker Ranch, how this would be a good opportunity to introduce a female Predator onto the big screen and plenty more!

What did you think of our latest episode? Be sure to let us know down below! You can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu. The Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is also available via iTunesPodBean, GooglePlay Stitcher, and Spotify! Please be sure to leave a rating and review on whichever platform you're using!

And if you’d rather see our beautiful faces, the video version of the podcast is also available on YouTube!

Make sure your browsers are locked into Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can also follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

Bug hunt wilson

This has nothing to do with the podcast but who hoping scarface makes comeback one day.like he was one of the most developed predators beside broken tusk perphas a remaster of concrete jungle and a sequel.Or perphas a comic book sereies that like a chronicle of scarface starting on yatjua prime when he was a Youngblood and ending after whatever hunt he went on after concrete jungle and then after that make a new comic book series picking up after that.

Enjoy

I would be happy to see a whole trilogy of movies based on the whole tribe from p2 and all they have done ove time.. Do you have details on the script ? Other then what the public knows ?

Hunter-Killer

I'm surprised y'all didn't bring up the movie Under Water in this one (although I'm pretty sure I've heard you talk about it previously), I was so psyched on the ending for that one because they never advertised it as a Lovecraft film and I was pleasantly surprised.

I think it would be really cool to have a new Alien or Predator movie that isn't advertised as one, in the same respect that you didn't really know what you were getting in the beginning when the original movies came out. I also think the key to getting franchise films going again is to stop trying to explain the origins of engineers, or why predators hunt for trophies, I think the mystery was what made them so great to begin with, and I think films should stop trying to cater to being Canon and use the first movies as origin points and go from there, a new predator in a different era who looks different and maybe has different weapons, or a new type of alien with a different inner jaw (giger's original Alien 3 design) trying to start a hive in some weird place or something.

Excited about a new, different Predator movie!!!

Predalien39

I agree with that casting choice, voodoomagic, 100%
She was also in Wind River.

Bug hunt wilson

I agree with on most parts but marketing a film as something different is kinda stupid in my eyes if you do something like that just put skulls in the title but at the end of it reveals it's true title like predator skulls

GreybackElder

Great podcast as always gentlemen!! I'm pissed at Xenomorphine because I love the twist for his Skulls' plot and I know I'm never going to see it. I hope sooo much for this movie to be good. To echo what was said the director needs to scale this movie wayyy back. Give me some good "no name" actors that can act their balls( or ovaries) off. Give me a cool design for a new predator with some kick as weaponry. Make this thing serious! No slap stick one liners please!!! Make it tense, I wanna be on the edge of my seat the whole time. Finally, please don't go too hard in the paint with the social political undertones.  I'm fine with a female protagonist. I'm fine with going against norms but please don't force it down my throat. At the end of the day it's a predator film. Not Mulan.

Kradan

Director being somehow connected to Portal is definetly not something I was expecting

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: GreybackElder on Dec 10, 2020, 02:31:47 AM
Great podcast as always gentlemen!! I'm pissed at Xenomorphine because I love the twist for his Skulls' plot and I know I'm never going to see it. I hope sooo much for this movie to be good. To echo what was said the director needs to scale this movie wayyy back. Give me some good "no name" actors that can act their balls( or ovaries) off. Give me a cool design for a new predator with some kick as weaponry. Make this thing serious! No slap stick one liners please!!! Make it tense, I wanna be on the edge of my seat the whole time. Finally, please don't go too hard in the paint with the social political undertones.  I'm fine with a female protagonist. I'm fine with going against norms but please don't force it down my throat. At the end of the day it's a predator film. Not Mulan.

I couldn't agree more. Subtlety is key here.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on Dec 09, 2020, 06:24:26 PM
I would be happy to see a whole trilogy of movies based on the whole tribe from p2 and all they have done ove time.. Do you have details on the script ? Other then what the public knows ?

That would be cool!

I believe about everything we know was in the podcast.

Quote from: Predalien39 on Dec 09, 2020, 10:13:25 PM
I agree with that casting choice, voodoomagic, 100%
She was also in Wind River.

Ah that's right! Thanks for pointing that out brother!

Anyone who might want to get acquainted with Kelsey on her on her current show:

https://twitter.com/paramountnet/status/1303724852646354945

Marc505

Quote from: GreybackElder on Dec 10, 2020, 02:31:47 AM

Just in the middle of listening to the pod now and I loved the whole wealth of possibilities that Xenomorphine threw into the mix. I've only recently begun to read about the Skinwalker Ranch myself actually and keep trailing off into daydreams about doing some fan fiction linking Predators with that place, some of the stories from there are ripe for it.

Also really like Voodoo's vision of the film with original language and being beautifully shot. Give me a film as incredibly shot and scored as Last Of The Mohicans but with Predators and you can take my money now!

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Great podcast guys, looking forward to the next one. Xenomorphine is right, there is a total treasure trove of Native history and legend they could pull from. I hope the Comanche people are brought on as consultants for authenticity. Still cautiously optimistic.

I have a little nugget for y'all, I go to Monsterpalooza every year. It's a practical effects Monster Con, highly recommended. It tends to lean towards makeup but the Alien, Predator, Terminator guys are usually there. I've picked up some scraps of info in my travels. Legacy Effects was bidding for Duh Predator but they didn't get it due to cost. I've also seen casts of Wolf, Fugitive and the pink Emissary up close. I can tell you that the Emissary looked much better than what we would have gotten on screen. His mouth could not close but it could close alot better than the stills we've seen. Placing the blame on the animatronics(servos, gears) that make the head articulate. ADI goes for the all in 1 Pred Head instead of having different heads for different expressions. That's why the head is big and why the mandibles are a mess.

Almost forgot, if you haven't seen ZVP check it out on YouTube

RidgeTop

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Dec 11, 2020, 10:07:28 PM
Great podcast guys, looking forward to the next one. Xenomorphine is right, there is a total treasure trove of Native history and legend they could pull from. I hope the Comanche people are brought on as consultants for authenticity. Still cautiously optimistic.

I have a little nugget for y'all, I go to Monsterpalooza every year. It's a practical effects Monster Con, highly recommended. It tends to lean towards makeup but the Alien, Predator, Terminator guys are usually there. I've picked up some scraps of info in my travels. Legacy Effects was bidding for Duh Predator but they didn't get it due to cost. I've also seen casts of Wolf, Fugitive and the pink Emissary up close. I can tell you that the Emissary looked much better than what we would have gotten on screen. His mouth could not close but it could close alot better than the stills we've seen. Placing the blame on the animatronics(servos, gears) that make the head articulate. ADI goes for the all in 1 Pred Head instead of having different heads for different expressions. That's why the head is big and why the mandibles are a mess.

Almost forgot, if you haven't seen ZVP check it out on YouTube

Thanks! Yeah I've been to Monsterpalooza myself and I'd really like to go again once things get back to normal. Have also seen seen the Fugitive head up close and thought he looked phenomenal. It would be great to see Legacy give it a go. 

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

That was a lot of fun! I'm among those pleasantly surprised to hear that Predator will get another shot.I like what I'm hearing about the proposed movie. Xenomorphine, your wife/SO is a history expert? Excellent! Your ideas about how the Predator could be tied into Native American lore make a lot of sense. Very cool! Yes, Predator as supernatural being has been a strong part of Predator lore.

I agree with Ridge Top (pretty sure) that whoever makes the Pred suits will do a good job. The most important thing is that we get a film worth watching, and this might really tick the box. I hope it does.

Voodoo, I think putting you on the podcast crew was a very good idea!

Sorry, I don't have a strong opinion about female predators. I agree that we don't really know their gender, and it's not a part of Pred culture that has been investigated onscreen. I'm sure whatever they do will be interesting.

Thanks again and good job to all!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Dec 11, 2020, 10:07:28 PM
I have a little nugget for y%u2019all, I go to Monsterpalooza every year. It%u2019s a practical effects Monster Con, highly recommended. It tends to lean towards makeup but the Alien, Predator, Terminator guys are usually there. I%u2019ve picked up some scraps of info in my travels. Legacy Effects was bidding for Duh Predator but they didn%u2019t get it due to cost. I%u2019ve also seen casts of Wolf, Fugitive and the pink Emissary up close. I can tell you that the Emissary looked much better than what we would have gotten on screen. His mouth could not close but it could close alot better than the stills we%u2019ve seen. Placing the blame on the animatronics(servos, gears) that make the head articulate. ADI goes for the all in 1 Pred Head instead of having different heads for different expressions. That%u2019s why the head is big and why the mandibles are a mess.

Thats interesting LH. So you're belief is the disappointing (imo) aesthetics may be a result of a cost preventive measure, in general relation to under-bidding the competition. That is food for thought. I've never considered that. 

Happy you enjoyed the podcast too!

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Dec 12, 2020, 10:15:22 PM
Voodoo, I think putting you on the podcast crew was a very good idea!

Thanks so much brother. I really, really appreciate it.  :)

Hicks gets 100% credit for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed