What the pod ending SHOULD have been

Started by Frosty Venom, Jan 03, 2019, 06:49:30 AM

What should have come out of the pod at the end of The Predator?

Predator Killer Suit
Dutch
Royce
Isabelle
Xenomorph
Ripley
Newt
Hybrid
Harrigan
Author
What the pod ending SHOULD have been (Read 9,228 times)

Frosty Venom

Most think that the Predator Killer suit was a piece of shit. We've now seen some other options they were thinking of using (Ripley & Newt).

It could quite easily have been a Xenomorph, Dutch or Roye coming out of the pod and made much more sense so I don't know why none of these were considered for filming.

But which of these do you think should have come out of the pod?

whiterabbit

Elvis.

Dusk

Dusk

Honestly, there should have been nothing. The entire idea of a "Predator Killer" should have been scrapped. I don't like the idea of a macguffin or person, that's going to be the key of winning an upcoming war. I'd rather have the friendly Predators back, that help the humans get outfitted with their own Predator gear. Or the humans themselves could have simply tried to reverse engineer the gear. The Predators certainly left enough of their **** behind.

PsyKore

I agree with Dusk. It's just a bad idea from the start, and it'd be silly no matter who or what popped out of the pod. If I have to pick one, then Royce makes the most sense. but it's all still a stupid idea.

whiterabbit

Well all jokes aside, Isabelle would have been the most interesting choice and it would have set up the obvious result of Royce's return in the sequel. In hindsight perhaps there should have been 6 pods with an entirely new alien species... ah but that would make this movie a Predators sequel I guess.

Ok the plot is that fugitive stole something from the hybrids... shit the DNA serum that they use to enhance themselves would have been my black goo... oh...right.

Well f**k it, I'm out. The entire thing was stoopid. You know what the Predator Killer suit is better than any person and it's not the suit (in and of itself) fault, entirely, the whole scene was god awful. Although it surely is all Arnold's fault since the cameo role had to have been him inside of the pod, of which he turned down. Really makes me think Black and co. had no back up plan at all and just assumed Arnold would do it. Crikey ripe bloody fools.

The Cruentus

None of the options are good. I definitely think any of the alien characters would be silly, and having a xenomorph in the pod only means that once again an alien is in yet another bad movie.

Wysps

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 03, 2019, 10:38:25 AM
Well all jokes aside, Isabelle would have been the most interesting choice and it would have set up the obvious result of Royce's return in the sequel. In hindsight perhaps there should have been 6 pods with an entirely new alien species... ah but that would make this movie a Predators sequel I guess.

Ok the plot is that fugitive stole something from the hybrids... shit the DNA serum that they use to enhance themselves would have been my black goo... oh...right.

Well f**k it, I'm out. The entire thing was stoopid. You know what the Predator Killer suit is better than any person and it's not the suit (in and of itself) fault, entirely, the whole scene was god awful. Although it surely is all Arnold's fault since the cameo role had to have been him inside of the pod, of which he turned down. Really makes me think Black and co. had no back up plan at all and just assumed Arnold would do it. Crikey ripe bloody fools.

I'd be OK with Royce or Isabel.  It would have been interesting to finally see a Pedator movie tie in to a previous installment in the franchise, and I personally would have found Royce to be less cheesy than Dutch.  He was at least off planet and trying to return home.  As far as the other options - absolutely no aliens or tie-ins to Alien though.  AvP should be set in the far future, in space.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 03, 2019, 11:31:17 AM
I'd be OK with Royce or Isabel.  It would have been interesting to finally see a Pedator movie tie in to a previous installment in the franchise, and I personally would have found Royce to be less cheesy than Dutch.  He was at least off planet and trying to return home.

You make a really good point about the concept of a direct tie-in to a previous Predator installment. Plus Adrian Brody's in his mid 40's, pretty sure he can still kick-ass if needed, where as Arnie... well everyone gets too old to battle intergalactic baddies eventually.

Yea, and if they did it that way it would have elevated a previous installment, which would have been good business. Opportunity missed but I really think they just put all of their eggs into one basket with Arnold. :P

Voodoo Magic

We actually discussed this in the other thread. I'd vote for both Royce and Isabella if I could, but Royce for certain.

This would be the most logical reveal. If Royce survived this long, it would mean he has been killing Predators on that hunting reserve planet for years... a True Predator Killer ... substantial enough for the honorable Yautja clan to notice, realize he deserves his freedom, and come to the conclusion that he can help teach the human race to defend themselves from any dissentient, blasphemous Predator clans if necessary. This would have been an A ending in my book.

Or an A+ if this happened:

• Quinn Mckenna : (slightly mocking) You're the "Predator Killer"?

Royce punches Quinn in the jaw, sending him tumbling to the floor.

Royce: Shut the f*ck up. I'm talking now. And you all need to hear this.

-Cut to Black-*

* this is not a Shane Black cameo Huggs :P

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 03, 2019, 02:26:25 PM

-Cut to Black-*

F*ck this would have actually been good.

Huggs

Huggs

What about Howard The Duck?

We actually discussed this in the other thread. I'd vote for both Royce and Isabella if I could, but Royce for certain.

This would be the most logical reveal. If Royce survived this long, it would mean he has been killing Predators on that hunting reserve planet for years... a True Predator Killer ... substantial enough for the honorable Yautja clan to notice, realize he deserves his freedom, and come to the conclusion that he can help teach the human race to defend themselves from any dissentient, blasphemous Predator clans if necessary. This would have been an A ending in my book.

-Cut to Black-*

Royce wakes up suddenly and assaults the science personnel that are working on him. As the guards move in, he takes one down and grabs his weapon. A stalemate ensues. The guards are screaming, but Royce remains silent. We see over McKenna's shoulder as he walks towards Royce, then stops.

McKenna: "who the f*ck are you?"

Focus on Royce's face as the predator bongo's slowly begin and we cut to black. The fading echo of the drums carrying us off into nothingness.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 03, 2019, 03:06:25 PM
What about Howard The Duck?

-Cut to Black-*

Royce wakes up suddenly and assaults the science personnel that are working on him. As the guards move in, he takes one down and grabs his weapon. A stalemate ensues. The guards are screaming, but Royce remains silent. We see over McKenna's shoulder as he walks towards Royce, then stops.

McKenna: "who the f*ck are you?"

Focus on Royce's face as the predator bongo's slowly begin and we cut to black. The fading echo of the drums carrying us off into nothingness.

But it's just not an A+ ending for me unless McKenna gets punched in the face. ;D

Highland

Riggs and Murtaugh

The Old One

The Old One

If it was a good film
that didn't refer to the E.T
as a Predator.
+ POD Ending.

Quinn McKenna: What the hell are you?

Royce: ...The Predator. (Cut to Credits)  ;D

Stitch

Harrigan. If they couldn't get Dutch, then it should have been Harrigan. He literally is a predator killer.

If TP is set before Predators, then Royce or Isabelle wouldn't make sense. Mind you, a lot of things in this movie didn't make sense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed