Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1044

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 493,180 times)

Darkness

Darkness

What's your favourite Alien movie?

The Ultimate Predator

Aliens, then Alien, then Alien 3, then Res.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Nov 17, 2006, 11:21:41 PM
Aliens, then Alien, then Alien 3, then Res.

Yeah, that's my order too.

The Ultimate Predator

Cool. Alien comes close to Aliens, but I do enjoy watching all of them since I've got the Quadrilogy set. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can never choose. I love the first three equally. Hate Res though.  :-\

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Aliens
Alien
Alien 3
Alien Res.

Yautja

Yautja

Aliens, Alien, Alien 3, Alien Ressurection.

VenomX

VenomX

I'll have to say the order they came out, actually.  :)

Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Resurrection.

I think action is great and all that, but the creepy eerie feeling and intensity of Alien, I just don't think Aliens can match. But I put both movies very close together still.

maledoro

maledoro

Alien
Alien³
Aliens

Wait! There was a fourth movie...?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You like 3 more than Aliens?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2006, 11:54:35 AM
You like 3 more than Aliens?
Yes...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Any particular reason? Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming you or anything - I like 1/2/3 all the same.

maledoro

maledoro

I liked the dark, eerie beauty of the movie. The bleak hopelessness that underlies the notion that nothing is certain and that one shouldn't expect a "Hollywood ending".

Aliens has been called a "roller coaster ride of a movie". In a way, the third movie was as well, but instead of rising into the air, the "ride" takes you underground, where one can almost see the "dark Satanic Mills" that Blake had written about.

Sure, one sees what one searches for, but there was a greater opportunity in Alien³ for one to find all kinds of metaphor, as it didn't rely on convention as Aliens had. There were all kinds of symbolism to be found in Alien³, especially Gnostic and alchemical. If there is any religious symbolism to be found, it's not the kind taught in Sunday School in little black books and pastel-colored paperbacks. It is more likely to be found in the writings of Böhme and the paintings of Bosch.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really like 3 as well. I can't rate the first 3 in any order because I love them all for what they are. But seems you enjoy A3 for some the reasons I do.  :) I loved the gothic feel to it, especially the soundtrack which helped enhance the experience.

The Ultimate Predator

Aliens
alien
Alien3

Though I have to re-watch 3 though, as I've seen the first loads of times.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed