Hero Predator ?

Started by stickaround, Jan 27, 2007, 11:41:38 PM

Author
Hero Predator ? (Read 15,342 times)

stickaround

stickaround

If pred 3 gets made i'd like to see the pred as the hero and not get killed ! I just don't think the first 2 preds will ever get topped and can't see that idea working again (john cena anyone!)

My dream film would see arnie, sly, dolph, van damme and kurt russell as a veteran group of marines or colonial marines who team up with the preds to fight a technologically advanced adversary on another planet !!

Ok so i'm old skool ! Now that's not gunna happen, but keep the concept with say good old hicks leading a group (forget alien 3 !) Hopefully in AvP2 the pred will be on our side

SiL

SiL

If you were 'old skool', you'd want the Predators to be against us.

They make a habit of killing us. For sport. Because they can.

The last thing I want to see (again) is another Predator getting friendly with people.

Dachande

Dachande

I agree with SiL, the cheesyness from THAT scene in AvP made me want to stick my head in a blender, and it just wouldnt work.

And we cant exactly have 50-60 year old men doing action films now...

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

I'm not into Pred-human team ups.
I want to see the same ol' thing: Predator hunting humans...but this time the hunter should win.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Thats one of the reasons I want there to be one 'rouge' pred just slaghtering people, and another pred who hunts the 'rouge'.

btw, this really should have been put in the P3 ideas, but w/e.

stickaround

stickaround

Replies !

Sil

Exactly, that's been done and will never be done better and by "old skool" I'm referring back to the time of arnie and the original predator. I personally woould like to see an ORIGINAL idea, not just a rehash of something that, as i've said, won't be topped

Dachande

How did i know you wouldn't like this idea !!!! If you knew your comics you'd know that the "cheesyness" you refer to is a storyline taken from the original AvP comic series & why wouldn't it work ?

Also, if you read what i said about the old action stars it was a lighthearted comment which i said i knew wouldn't happen. Why do you always take everything so seriously ?!

& regarding your ageist comment about action stars what about T3, Poseidon, Live free Die Hard, Rocky Balboa, Rambo 4, clints later films etc etc Not forgetting the majority of the cast in the original pred were over 40

Lastly, why don't you enlighten us with some of your ideas & don't forget that blender !

Dekapitator

The pred winning just isn't hollywood ! unless he's with us

Eidotemit

Great idea, that would be interesting to see

Stickaround !

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I like your idea Stickaround and agree on either a hero Pred, or one hunting a rogue. Since if they go with another "it hunts a celebrity" plot then they're beating the dead horse for all its worth.

also if you didn't like the teamup in AVP then chances are you didn't like the book or comic.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: stickaround on Jan 28, 2007, 05:19:39 PM

Dachande

How did i know you wouldn't like this idea !!!! If you knew your comics you'd know that the "cheesyness" you refer to is a storyline taken from the original AvP comic series & why wouldn't it work ?

Also, if you read what i said about the old action stars it was a lighthearted comment which i said i knew wouldn't happen. Why do you always take everything so seriously ?!

& regarding your ageist comment about action stars what about T3, Poseidon, Live free Die Hard, Rocky Balboa, Rambo 4, clints later films etc etc Not forgetting the majority of the cast in the original pred were over 40

Lastly, why don't you enlighten us with some of your ideas & don't forget that blender !

Firstly i never claimed that i 'Knew my comics'. But from reading the graphic novel of AvP: Prey and the novel itself. The team-up scene works because of the context and the way the people are. In the movie however they are stuck together for no real reason apart from the fact that  Anderson thought it would please the fans. Which it didnt.

As for the 'ageist' comment. How many of those films you mentioned wre reciever well by critics and the such....only one i can think of was RB. So its not an 'ageist' comment its just fact. As for saying that hte majorit of the cast were over 40...i think you better do some research.  Only two of the squad were over 40 and they were Mac and Billy.

As for my ideas? My idea has always been to have a movie of Prey, with NOTHING changed

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Jan 28, 2007, 05:51:13 PM
also if you didn't like the teamup in AVP then chances are you didn't like the book or comic.

Even if you were a fan of the comics, I don't know how anybody could possibly say they thought the teamup in AvP was good. It was handled very badly but I really can't see how a teamup would have been done well regardless of story and characters. Predators are ruthless hunters and that's how they should be.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I thought AvP comics did the teamup alright, but I don't necessarily want a team up more of an anti-hero. Like a Pred hunting a rogue. i wouldn't want a Pred working with a human necessarily.

stickaround

stickaround

Darkness

The point with the team up is that it could happen, some fans seem to think it couldn't & we know you hate AvP so i'm not going into that again !

As ruthless as the preds are they live by certain rules and a code of honour, they don't attack if you're not armed, pregnant etc (they aint jason !) Again, some imagination & creativity is needed ! I'm not talking about some lethal weapon type buddy movie !

Put the pred in a situation where it is losing or in trouble (against something we haven't seen before?) and for e.g.it gets helped, saved by some colonial marines, in this instance the pred will not turn on them (i'm not saying it can't have been taking humans out left, right and centre before this ! we could be an hour in). They then have to work together to survive

This is just one idea for pred 3 (& could be how AvP2 turns out?)

What i don't want is a rehash of preds 1&2, especially used as a showcase for a wrestler or body builder. I want to see something different.

Stickaround !

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Im not keen on the pred / human team-up, it was barely tollerable for AvP. If it happened Id like to see the pred be very reluctant in it, and still would kill a person if it got in its way or pissed it off or whatever.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteThe point with the team up is that it could happen, some fans seem to think it couldn't

I wish it wasn't a possibility. I'd sooner see a Predator self-destruct than team up with a human, especially a woman.

Quote(& could be how AvP2 turns out?)

I hope not. Think they've learnt their lesson with teamups.

QuoteWhat i don't want is a rehash of preds 1&2,

I wouldn't mind something similar to Predator 1 & 2 again.

stickaround

stickaround

Dachande, dachande, dachande, here we go again !

You really should lighten up dude and your obsessed with AvP Prey ! and as for it being made with nothing changed - never gunna happen.

Regarding the older guys, your carrying this on even though my remark quite obviously wasn't serious !!. For the record T3 was well received and made lots of money, die hard and rambo 4 haven't even come out yet, lets be positive !!

Also, the point i was making, without being overly specific ! , was that arnies squad weren't spring chickens, for the record in 1987 their ages were :

Arnie 40
Carl Weathers 39
Bill Duke 44
Jesse Ventura 36
Sonny Landham 46
Richard Chaves 36

Predator 2

Danny Glover 44
Gary Busey 46
Ruben Blades 42

I don't even know why i'm trying to justify this !!!!!!!!!!

stickaround

stickaround

Darkness

1)This idea isn't top of my wish list but i don't mind it and i want a pred to win ! Regarding the female, paul anderson was trying to stay true to the comics and he still gets slated, but like i said, lets not go there again !

2) It wiill be interesting to see if the pred in AvP2 is just running amok killing everyone / thing !

3) I like a badass pred as much as the next guy, i wanted him to take danny glover out in Pred 2 ! I'd love a film on a par as with the first 2 to happen as much as you but can't see it happening with the same storyline, pred against hero.

The first pred will never be topped, you can't have the suspense and those sort of actors just don't exist anymore and i can't, for sheer kik ass action and pace, see pred 2 being topped or that type of movie being made again.

I just worry, like the ridiculous john cena idea, of how badly pred 3 could turn out with the same premise.

Lets just hope it does happen and it gets the director and script it deserves, we need to get in touch with robert rodriguez !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed