About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP

Started by yautja99, Jan 15, 2007, 04:36:52 AM

Author
About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP (Read 14,208 times)

Meathead320

Sort of like they had not figured out yet that brute strength is a piss poor weapon against a Xenomorph.

I just look at it as Anderson not paying attention to what OTHER fans think, I mean these boards have been around a long time.

Trying to make sense out of it, the way it will effect further movies down the line, these Preds were young.

This could also be a weeding out the weak/stupid/slow etc...

They don't just go into the ritual to prove how tough they are, this is meant to ensure the future of their own species. Only the toughest will live through this, therefore it help weed out the unfit.

The first two found out two lessons, last lessons, the hardest way.

1). Situational awareness.

2). Brute strength alone does not work well when other factors are not equal.

The last one figured out the harshest rule of all:

1). Don't Fvck with a pissed off Queen Alien.

2). If you wake up next to a dead facehugger, that you cannot remember killing; your going to be a mommy.

*). Shit happens.

Mr. Weyland

Maybe the Predator thought that if it made it out alive maybe the Elder Predator would let the other Predators take out the Alien.  ???

jimmyboy

I thought Ian Whyte was awful in it, looked like he was trying far far too hard, KPH was a natural, RIP Kev.

Mr. Weyland

Kevin Peter Hall is the best  ;D DAMN AIDS

Gangster Predator

All I say is that the preds in Avp looked retarded..and the first two preds in the first movie looked better and scarier!! I wish kevin peter hall was alive maybe he would really get into the personality of the pred since he played the predator twice!! ;D

Mr. Weyland

I think he would be in his 50s now, so even if he was alive I dont think he could run and jump in his costume like he used to.

stickaround

The first predator was the oldest. Stephen hopkins, in old magazine interviews, described the pred in 2 as younger, leaner & more reckless, he could obviously have taken harrigan out on numerous occasions but "plays" with him and then gets over confident, enter the shotgun !

The predator in 2 defo looked the coolest with the best weapons.

With regards to how tough the preds are in the first 2 movies. The problem is that they are so advanced they could take the cast out quickly if they chose but obviously this wouldn't make much of a film ! & we know they had to lose, although i root for them !

That's why it was good to see the pred side with us in AvP. Regarding the preds in AvP, they were definitely the youngest. I didn't mind them being bigger, but their faces just weren't right, just too clean. Hopefully the pred in AvP2 will be more like pred 2 & it looks like it could be greener like in some of the comics ??

YautjaWarrior

KPH was just great at what he did; I doubt they'll ever find a suit-actor as good as him... :(

yautja99

Is the Predator a teen in AVP2? ???

YautjaWarrior

The Pred was supposedly a teenager in AVP...

Eidotemit

Heres my view: by apperance and behavior alone, I believe that the one from P1 was the oldest. Predator from P2 was around the same age as the AvP preds, probably a bit older still. The AvP 'teens' were the best of their clan and rewarded with the right to go to the blooding ritual to become a higher class in their clan or w/e. The P1&2 preds were not selected to be a part of this ritual as they werent good enough and didnt meet whatever standards.

stickaround

The comics came out after pred 1 so the fact that pred didn't have the alien kill markings doesn't mean it hadn't faced them, just that that idea hadn't been introduced yet !In pred 2 it looks like the pred has an alien kill (unless they share the cabinet ?) so this was probably an oversight ??

Eidotemit

Good point with the trophy case, although I assumed it was for the whole 'clan' so who knows, it coulda been the eler who had taken that xeno down.

and the comics hold no merit as they aren't considered canon.

Even though you bring up a good point with the wall-o-skulls in the P2 ship, Im gonna stick with my theory.

yautja99

They always have teen Predators in movies they should have Middle aged Predators or Elder Predators be the main Predators then again they would be over powered >:(

BrokenTusk

would be cool to see an elder or well experience Pred in action against say a queen.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed