J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens

Started by felix, Sep 16, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's The Making of Aliens (Read 57,202 times)

Elmazalman

I have his making of STAR WARS and ALIEN books, but haven't read any of them yet. I did spend a few hours going through the ALIEN book. An interesting deleted scene, involving Ash's attack on Ripley, was filmed - one that also made it into the comic book adaptation.

I was hoping to get some more information on the deleted shots of the Alien, hunkered down in profile next to an air shaft opening (the same one that Parker & Lambert covered earlier, when tracking Dallas), intercut with Ripley searching for Jones on the ship's bridge. Oh well.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 10, 2021, 10:13:13 AM
I have his making of STAR WARS and ALIEN books, but haven't read any of them yet. I did spend a few hours going through the ALIEN book. An interesting deleted scene, involving Ash's attack on Ripley, was filmed - one that also made it into the comic book adaptation.

I was hoping to get some more information on the deleted shots of the Alien, hunkered down in profile next to an air shaft opening (the same one that Parker & Lambert covered earlier, when tracking Dallas), intercut with Ripley searching for Jones on the ship's bridge. Oh well.

Likewise got both of his Alien books but simply haven't had time to really digest them thoroughly. I'd love to get his Star Wars ones.

HuDaFuK

Found out the other day he did an Indiana Jones one too, which interests me.

Nightmare Asylum

I have his Indy book, though I have not yet actually sat down to read it.

StrangeShape

I finished the Aliens book and Im about a quarter into Alien. I cant put it down and I know all the making od docs by memory

Nightmare Asylum

Posting here, since this is the most recently relevant thread:

https://twitter.com/jwrinzler/status/1385972455445909505

Mr. Clemens

Of course they're not.  :D

Kailem

Kailem

"However, The Un-Making of Alien 3 will be out next year."

BlueMarsalis79

To echo people in the replies: Ask Disney.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Would be worth making some noise so Titan might approach Disney to try again.

BlueMarsalis79

Can I write an extensive email? I don't have Twitter.

Xenomrph

A making-of Alien3 would arguably be the most interesting making-of for the entire series.

HuDaFuK

Yeah. I confess I've still not got around to getting his first two books, but given how good everyone says they are, the lack of a similar tome for the third movie sucks much hairy balls.

Gentleman Death

Personally I don't get why they wouldn't finish it off with the 3rd and even the 4th...

HuDaFuK

Tbh I think I'd be as excited about a Rinzler book on the fourth movie as I would the third, just because it's comparatively virgin territory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed