New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 297,771 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

no, i was the one being racist.

Fatal Facepalm

Quote from: Pauk -d Paya on Feb 13, 2010, 06:21:44 AM
Quote from: Voodo Magic Man on Feb 11, 2010, 07:23:34 PM
No Predator fans.

However, I'm a Predator fan and I like the BSP.

I guess the main issue people have is the fact this new Pred is meant to be bigger and stronger then the original and that it has black blood.
the biggest problem i have with it (and bare in mind im a big pred fan ) is that by the end of the movie no matter how big and strong the BSP is he will still end up being killed in hand to hand combat by an inferior opponent (human) cos lets be honest no director will let the human race be killed off even if it is only a small group. Sure there are your braveheart moments where the hero dies but its more of a self sacrifice for the greater good which still ultimately results in the big bad monsters dying and the few surviving humans doing just that. PS sorry to go on and on :o

I'd like to see a movie with no humans.  A movie just about the preds ya know.  Pred civil war between normal and "bad bloods", a movie about a routine hunt gone bad ect ect ect...

SiL

Which would get either very tedious or very silly very quickly.

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2010, 06:39:17 AM
Which would get either very tedious or very silly very quickly.

Agreed.

Fatal Facepalm

:P and so will all the normal pred movies after this one lol.  It would be a long shot, but I think if done right, would be great.  :/ after all theres only so many thins with humans that we can do.  The premise of this new one is kinda meh as it is.....same goes for avp...if the franchise is to thrive you gotta try new things.  I like marines and the whole pred vs trained soldier/cop...but it's already getting old, and pred vs "random people in the streets".....xD well that was basically the back story of P1 and the background crap of P2 lol. :/ I just want somethin new...U-U

Alexis6BE

In this segment Alex reveals some exclusive details about Predators 2010. Where have these characters been placed and why are they the ones who have been chosen? What if they are being hunted by something else? What if there are other kinds of Predators out there? Watch this interview to find out. Check back soon for more details from Alex.

http://www.sixthboroughscreenplay.com/

jaztermareal

Quote from: Adey on Feb 13, 2010, 06:21:44 AM
Quote from: Voodo Magic Man on Feb 11, 2010, 07:23:34 PM
No Predator fans.

However, I'm a Predator fan and I like the BSP.

I guess the main issue people have is the fact this new Pred is meant to be bigger and stronger then the original and that it has black blood.
the biggest problem i have with it (and bare in mind im a big pred fan ) is that by the end of the movie no matter how big and strong the BSP is he will still end up being killed in hand to hand combat by an inferior opponent (human) cos lets be honest no director will let the human race be killed off even if it is only a small group. Sure there are your braveheart moments where the hero dies but its more of a self sacrifice for the greater good which still ultimately results in the big bad monsters dying and the few surviving humans doing just that. PS sorry to go on and on :o

that has always been my problem with predator. just from a different angle.
if the preds have cloaking, and want to hunt one by one, and collect trophies from challenges, why do they use shoulder cannons and what-not? these weapons require little to no skill (esp with helmet targeting), so doesnt that kinda make the honour thing redundant?

i want to see a predator movie where the pred actually faces a real challenge. taking on armed soldiers etc with only wrist blades and whatever it knocks together with whats lying around (e.g. bow and arrows) makes the honour thing fit, makes the trophy worth collecting and makes it believable if the prey does actually manage to kill it.

Sylizar

I hate how humanity has to always win.

wolfie138

wolfie138

"want to see a predator movie where the pred actually faces a real challenge. taking on armed soldiers etc with only wrist blades and whatever it knocks together with whats lying around"

you mean like P2 taking out the Scorpion's gang.

The Demon

I don't think that Predator ever had a challenge except for when Harrigan f**ked him up with the shotgun. That Predator always new what he was doing. He took down almost an entire special ops team with a spear and no cloak.

huntin8-t0n

Knowing what you're up against still means challenge if that something's strong. The same goes for the individual knowing his own actions. Surprise can improve the fun factor in challenge, but it doesn't mean without it there's no challenge. Keyes' team meant challenge. So did many other humans in the movies.

jaztermareal

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 11, 2010, 12:59:19 PM
Knowing what you're up against still means challenge if that something's strong. The same goes for the individual knowing his own actions. Surprise can improve the fun factor in challenge, but it doesn't mean without it there's no challenge. Keyes' team meant challenge. So did many other humans in the movies.

multiple vision modes, extreme natural strength and endurance, plasma caster (with targeting), super sharp (vibro-blade?) spear, cloaking device, throwing disc, claws, wristblades, netgun, dart launcher and a few bullet proof armour parts all against single vision mode, and either firearm or nitrogen freeze gun. i think the preds are just too heavily armed. the pred in p1 used less sure, but still did alot of plasma casting.
i think the preds would be way more scary if they used stealth more for getting close and snatching individuals with only wristblades, or arrows/spears for if they really had to do it over long distance.

huntin8-t0n

Valid, but they are still up against creatures with serious weapons. Weapons that can kill the or damage badly. I think it's enough for challenge. In pred 1 he used his wristblades and pc like 4:3 (until the showdown with Dutch), but against Blaine it was obvious for me. In p2 he used all his weaponary.
Still, this is not my point, but that they can be killed and they know that. I think it's challenging.

Quotei think the preds would be way more scary if they used stealth more for getting close and snatching individuals with only wristblades

Yes. Like the way he killed Hawkins.

jaztermareal

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 11, 2010, 08:43:23 PM
Valid, but they are still up against creatures with serious weapons. Weapons that can kill the or damage badly. I think it's enough for challenge. In pred 1 he used his wristblades and pc like 4:3 (until the showdown with Dutch), but against Blaine it was obvious for me. In p2 he used all his weaponary.
Still, this is not my point, but that they can be killed and they know that. I think it's challenging.

Quotei think the preds would be way more scary if they used stealth more for getting close and snatching individuals with only wristblades

Yes. Like the way he killed Hawkins.

but imo the pred didnt do it enough. the pred has an image of total badass abilty and strength, of bullets not being enough (even multiple direct blasts from a shotgun) so the preds could quite easily refrain from casters. afterall, even blaine with a minigun wouldnt be enough if he didnt ses or hear the pred till it was too late (miniguns arent easy to use either, let alone aim at a fast moving, hard to see object at close range).

i guess my point is, there needs to be a movie where the pred REALLY earns the title of ultimate hunter. i love the predators, but i think plasma casters should be saved for xenomorphs/ mechs/ big monsters etc.

huntin8-t0n

i think I see your point.I think Blaine was pretty dangerous enough. And don't forget the pred gets into battles he fights against multiple enemies. And with killing with wristblades would easily give his position also. He just cannot be at too much places at one time. So I think pc is okay.
But I agree with you. If preds would use mostly their great physichal abilities and melee would be good. Or just stick to their great hunting tactics. I think pred 1 was really imressive on that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed