New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 297,785 times)

bobcunk

but than Javier Bardem's performance in no country for old men was not much different than arnolds in t2 and he won an oscar for that.

Mystic Ninja

Your joking Bob?

DoomRulz

It wouldn't have mattered, the Academy doesn't consider suit actors for nominations. Doesn't he mean he didn't deserve it though.

HannibalKing

Quote from: Voodo Magic Man on Feb 08, 2010, 06:56:15 AM
Oscars!? Ha ha ha ha

May be for make up and special effects (which it did I think) but noooooo way for acting! Don't get me wrong they were both great in the respective roles but acting Oscars!? That's going a bit too far. 

I thought giving Morisa Tomei an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny was going a bit too far, but it happened.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Oscars!? Ha ha ha ha

May be for make up and special effects (which it did I think) but noooooo way for acting! Don't get me wrong they were both great in the respective roles but acting Oscars!? That's going a bit too far.

Go back and watch both performances.  KPH perfected that role....watch what he does with the creatures fingers...the way he moves his head...the little things are perfected and that is perfect acting.  Arnold put on the best acting job of his life...watch the acting between him and dillion...the one about being expendable assets. Watch his exchanges between he and Mac after Blain died. That was great acting.  I could go on and on about Arnold's performance.

Basically an Oscar is awarded to anyone that does one simple thing:  If you "forget" who the actor is by his/her performance then it is Oscar worthy (all you see is the character).  KPH did it (went beyond the makeup) and Arnold did it here....

Royce

No one was Oscar worthy in either Predator films.

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Royce on Feb 08, 2010, 12:28:02 PM
No one was Oscar worthy in either Predator films.

While I am a big fan of Predator, I have to agree with this statement.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Aren't here remaining "Super Black" Predator images?

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Earthhive, I admire your passion for the performances in Predator but as much as I love them they are not acting oscar worthy.

I believe Sigourney Weaver and Alec Guiness are the only one to achive an acting nomination for staring in a sci-fi movie. If I have missed someone then let me know but I'm sure its a small list. 

Arnolds performance in Predator was good but not oscart worthy imo. The closest Arnold will ever get to an oscar is an honoury one for his life time work.

In regards to KPH, he was good but nothing special to deserve an acting nomination. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job but oscar nomination!? You got to be kidding me. ::)

Pvt. Hicks

Don't be delusional. Why should they, or would they, award a guy in a costume, or Arnold, for this movie? ???

Doomofman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Feb 09, 2010, 01:55:02 AM
Don't be delusional. Why should they, or would they, award a guy in a costume, or Arnold, for this movie? ???

I have to agree... Arnie has never ever put in an oscar worthy performance in his life... And yeah KPH did add a lot of character to the Predator but it wasn't an oscar worthy role...

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: EarthHive on Feb 08, 2010, 12:20:25 PM
Oscars!? Ha ha ha ha

Go back and watch both performances.  KPH perfected that role....watch what he does with the creatures fingers...the way he moves his head...the little things are perfected and that is perfect acting.  Arnold put on the best acting job of his life...watch the acting between him and dillion...the one about being expendable assets. Watch his exchanges between he and Mac after Blain died. That was great acting.  I could go on and on about Arnold's performance.

Basically an Oscar is awarded to anyone that does one simple thing:  If you "forget" who the actor is by his/her performance then it is Oscar worthy (all you see is the character).  KPH did it (went beyond the makeup) and Arnold did it here....

Ok yeah, by HIS standards, the best acting of HIS life, was in this movie(in your opinion). So? Still doesn't mean it's Oscar-worthy. I could be the worst actor ever, and then put it in a slightly less bad performance, okay, cool, but does that mean I should be awarded an Oscar?

And so what if KPH "perfected" the Predator? It's not like they had a previous film, incarnation, tv show, or comic to base this "perfection" off of anyway.

Awarding a guy for playing a monster? That's some carnival shit.

Adey

KPH played a lot of movie mons in his time cos of his height and his incredible acting skills the movies were only believable cos of him, he brought realism to the mons cos after all they were rubber n the only person ive seen thats even in the same league as KPH is ian white with his performance in avp2

bobcunk

what about the guy that played the pred in pred 2 after he gets his arm cut off?

keylight-di

Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 09, 2010, 03:24:38 AM
what about the guy that played the pred in pred 2 after he gets his arm cut off?

Kevin Peter Hall?
Died in 1991.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed