New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,511 times)

Pvt. Hicks

But you said you would have liked it better had they had individuality. Surely then, you must have envisioned them with individuality, and deemed it a good idea? I was just curious as to what you had in mind but nevermind.

MastaMarek

anyone still has those pics to share!?
thx in advance,
marek

Doomofman

Quote from: SiL on Jan 29, 2010, 12:50:15 AM
At what point did I say I could've done it better?

You're expressing your dislike for it.. So obviously you think it could be better... Explain why...

Mike The Wolf

Quote from: MastaMarek on Jan 29, 2010, 01:20:34 AM
anyone still has those pics to share!?
thx in advance,
marek

They are @ www.predatorstuff.com   

ridetofight

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2010, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: ridetofight on Jan 28, 2010, 05:00:56 PM
artistry aside - aliens introduced you to a creature that you could actually see pursuing the protagonists - up walls, across ceilings, jumping, tail-whipping... wereas alien had a creature the protagonists had to come to - he hung, hid, crouched... was generally a big unexciting pussy of a creature.
Surely you're not dumb enough to not realise that has nothing to do with the people making the creature, and everything to do with the script and director, therefor has zero relevance on the subject, right? That's like saying ADI did the best Aliens in AvPR because they did nothing.

Besides - The first Alien did have personality (And did persue its prey - air vent sequence). You could see its brain ticking over, it was a thinking organism with alien thought-processes.

The Aliens in Aliens were zombies, totally devoid of any individuality, rocking up en masse when the script called for to get shot down and rack up the tension. No single Alien outside the Queen is worth paying attention to because, despite Winston's habit of creating characters, Cameron's direction removes any character from them.

Which is totally gay, as you would say.

no, i'm pretty dumb, but not that dumb. winston's cohorts did not come up with the idea or write the story - they were able to make what was in the script a reality - by problem solving with what techniques and materials were available. sure, the big chap LOOKED far more legit, but how much of him did we see. it's design is beautiful, and thats fine for something you just need to look at. but not something you need to run from. i personally hold functional design over aesthetics.

c'mon, air vent sequence? it wasn't the alien moving. it was a dot on a screen and an accompanying audio cue. then dallas moves to where he is crouching and "aaahhhh!!" monster hands! like someone jumping out of a bush on halloween. and justly, it can be argued that all that was asked for out of giger's creature by the director and the writers was to sit and wait, and was designed as such. thats why winston and cameron pushed the envelope again and again as an effects team - cameron had the radical ideas, and functional ideas for them, and winston had the artists and the functional knowledge to make them actually "come alive". no one asked the big chap to come running and leaping because it was the status quo not to. the design for the creature was impressive, the character itself (aside from the reproductive methods) - redunant. and thats not "totally gay", as you would put it, but just plain "gay" as i would put it.

bobcunk

looks pretty good with a pred face. just hope they dont mess that up. so far the yellow pred is pretty

keylight-di

Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 02, 2010, 05:18:48 AM
looks pretty good with a pred face. just hope they dont mess that up. so far the yellow pred is pretty

He looks like... Pred. Like from Winston's idea, almost Pussyface....
Beautiful...
It's relief, big relief...

Only this "fish" is funny.... ;D

bobcunk

i dont realy like the fishy thing for some reason, i liked the avp stile ones were good if they shronk them down alote. even the first one had flaws, at the end in the closeups you could see were the mask ended in the eye holes but that was more of a lighting error and could be blended better today. but i just think that it will be good with whats his face and such, cus i trust roberts you know face. is involved . but that quinton tarantio has been conected with SOME NOT SO GOOOD THINGS . BUT THAN AGAINE I DONT KNOW!!!!!

keylight-di

I don't like AvP style. Too much, too long, too... everything...  ;)
As I hate AvP:R, I prefer design like that. Wolf looks IMHO better than boys from AvP. But it's matter of taste.
This fishy thing is funny, at all...  ;D
Whole new design gives more and more hope...

Skinner

Who thinks we'll see a Predators trailer during the Super Bowl?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Skinner on Feb 03, 2010, 01:20:19 AM

[Raises hand] I'm pretty sure we can expect a PREDATORS update in the next few days or perhaps a week or so before the Super Bowl.

-Rakai'Thwei

The Shuriken

Quote from: Skinner on Feb 03, 2010, 01:20:19 AM

I wouldn't doubt it, be a good chance to get the hype started.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultrapredator on Feb 03, 2010, 07:15:30 AM

Hype's already been started.

-Rakai'Thwei

The Shuriken

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 03, 2010, 07:21:36 AM
Quote from: Ultrapredator on Feb 03, 2010, 07:15:30 AM

Hype's already been started.

-Rakai'Thwei

For fans sure, but not the general public.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultrapredator on Feb 03, 2010, 07:25:12 AM
For fans sure, but not the general public.

All I can say is:

Let's see if it lives up to the hype..

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed