New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,942 times)

The Demon

Its kinda cool to be mentioned like that.. on the plus side.

Mike The Wolf

In my email this morning it said there was a new topic, Official Poster. I can't find it and when I click on the link in my email it says error or missing? What's going on?

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Mike The Wolf on Jan 20, 2010, 01:45:23 PM
In my email this morning it said there was a new topic, Official Poster. I can't find it and when I click on the link in my email it says error or missing? What's going on?

it was a fake poster made by one of AvPG forum members. Consisted of Adrian Brodys head photoshoped infront of the 3 SP from the leaked photos.  ::)

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 20, 2010, 07:27:30 AM
Quote from: Keith on Jan 20, 2010, 02:27:08 AM
Fox Pulls PREDATORS Pics from Fansite:
http://iconsoffright.com/news/2010/01/fox_pulls_predators_pics_from.html

Heh, good article. Basically sums up how I feel when I'm asked to remove pictures.

one of the posts under that article:

Lot's of the people at that AVP site had allready spent way to much time looking at and discussing those photos (more like obsesivly picking at these scraps for all it's worth) Im glad they asked the avp site to remove them because people should not have seen the YET and since the quality was so low nothing good could come from "fans" trashing them at first glance which I believe a large percent have been trashing this film since the get go because of the producer.. then the leaked script..(which was an early draft and has been tweeked) then they were unhappy about the SUper Predators and the casting.

I dont think this film deserves a verdict untill after we walk out of the theater having just watched the movie.. And certainly people should not dismiss a film before they see it or let Paul W.S ANderson Or AVP R continue to tarnish this franchise.. And the AVP Gamer crowd I can assure you even thse fan sites throw what weight they have around too to "the even more little people" Basicly i could care less that fox took the photos down.

Mike The Wolf

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 20, 2010, 02:04:32 PM
Quote from: Mike The Wolf on Jan 20, 2010, 01:45:23 PM

it was a fake poster made by one of AvPG forum members. Consisted of Adrian Brodys head photoshoped infront of the 3 SP from the leaked photos.  ::)

Thanks for telling me, I was like Holy Crap a poster, then couldn't find it.

goose_3387

In regards to the Super Preds not wearing any netting, how does that explain the regular Predator not wearing any netting?

SiL

It had been stripped bare by the Super Preds.

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2010, 01:05:22 AM

Poor guy must feel pretty vulnerable and dis-honored.

Keith

Heh, good article. Basically sums up how I feel when I'm asked to remove pictures.

It was a real asshole move by Fox, considering all the free advertising your site gives them.

Doomofman

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2010, 01:05:22 AM

Indeed... Lack of netting never came into my mind when I saw that pic cause I knew everything(well hopefully not EVERYTHING  :o) had been stripped off him...

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Keith on Jan 21, 2010, 01:23:26 AM

It was a real asshole move by Fox, considering all the free advertising your site gives them.

It doesn't matter. If it doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to you. If I was a Fox exec, I would just say this(with my arms crossed): "I don't care take those images down, they are NOT yours, our movie is going to make millions regardless of how much "free advertising" your site gives us, because honestly, we don't need your "advertisement". You and your motley crew of fanboys can save your mom's pocket change and wait for dvd for all I care. What's a grand total of $200 bucks less at the box office going to do?"

Doomofman

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 21, 2010, 02:12:38 AM

It doesn't matter. If it doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to you. If I was a Fox exec, I would just say this(with my arms crossed): "I don't care take those images down, they are NOT yours, our movie is going to make millions regardless of how much "free advertising" your site gives us, because honestly, we don't need your "advertisement". You and your motley crew of fanboys can save your mom's pocket change and wait for dvd for all I care. What's a grand total of $200 bucks less at the box office going to do?"

It's true... Can't argue with that...

Keith

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 21, 2010, 02:12:38 AM

You big meanie  :P

wolfie138

wolfie138

it wasn't an asshole move at all. it's their film and their money and sub-quality images can cause it harm, as has been proven by some of the comments on this 50+ page thread. they caused such dismay on some boards that an "industry insider" felt the need to have to defend the work.
i really HATE it when some aspect of a film is kept secret then some fkwit fanboy or newspaper has to prove how clever they are by blowing it : a national newspaper over here splattered pics of the new Godzilla monster after the studio had tried to keep it as a surprise, eg.

if anyone did an ar$ehole move, it was the tw@ who breached his contract and put the pics on a web page.

Highland

Quote from: wolfie138 on Jan 21, 2010, 08:57:55 AM
it wasn't an asshole move at all. it's their film and their money and sub-quality images can cause it harm, as has been proven by some of the comments on this 50+ page thread. they caused such dismay on some boards that an "industry insider" felt the need to have to defend the work.
i really HATE it when some aspect of a film is kept secret then some fkwit fanboy or newspaper has to prove how clever they are by blowing it : a national newspaper over here splattered pics of the new Godzilla monster after the studio had tried to keep it as a surprise, eg.

if anyone did an ar$ehole move, it was the tw@ who breached his contract and put the pics on a web page.

Easy for you to say sitting behind your PC. Put one of us on the set of Predators and you get your picture taken with Adrien Brody and 3 predators in the background, see if you can hold your tongue.

Doubt it. I have no problem with spoilers, It's part of the film making process, always has been.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed