New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,658 times)

Master

Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 19, 2010, 03:14:13 PM
Well i know for sure and i mean for sure is that this movie is going to be a direct sequel to P1. With that being said that would really leave no room for P2. I kbow i read that sum said that it would be a prequel to pred 2 but this movie happens quite sometime after predator 1. And they talk about the predators 1 in the new movie. Where they talk about dutch and when he fought the predator a little more indepth than what was said in predator 2. But that seems to me like it would do away with predator 2 I don't know But anyway i hopeing that this predator movie is going to be sweet.. I know the first predator made like 25 million which that's what it cost to make the film so it really didn't do so good in the theaters. it got alot bigger when it came out on vhs and tv then everyone got to see it. Now predator 2 it made like 19 or 22 million in theaters when it was showing and i think the production budget was like 25 million or so. I looked it up sometime ago in records and ticket sales.
Listen I have problem to explain it to you and I really don`t want to do it once again but`ll try. This film is 30 years after P1. P2 is 10 years after P1.  Between P1 and Predators there is allot of place for second film and nothing can change it, especially not the fact that P2 is not mentioned.

Johnny Handsome

Where does it say that the movie is set 30 years after the first one?

Master

Where does it say that it is set in 1987?

And I meant 20 not 30. Therefore now a days.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteWhere does it say that it is set in 1987?
Predator 2.

Master

No Johny, I`m asking where it is stated that Predators are set in 1987? No where. So we can assume that it`s action is set 23 years after P1, in 2010. So P2 in 1997 could have easily happened, and I don`t know why this guy Pred Fan 83 is so keen to dis it after Rodriguez`s bull shit. And I say that there is hardly a possibility to remove P2 from canon and that Predators will be treated as P3 not only by our comunity but by most of the people who are going to see it.

Pred fan 83

LOL  well hmmm seems i must have hit a nerve.... I was just saying what i found i mean the film would be better if it did take predator 2 out of the picture...  predator 2 suck that's why it failed and a predator 3 was never made... now you can arguee with me on that all you want but that doesn't make predator 2 a success so deal with it... That's why in this movie the predators are different and not like predator 2 that's also why they capture people and take them to there world to hunt which also changes things from predator 2. So really if you want to like this movie go in thinking nothing about predator 2 or the avp films... Just from what you seen from predator 1. I mean why else does the script read like it does with what the predators look like to what they can do to there guns and attack dogs and birds not to mention why they have a regular predator strung up and all his armor ripped off... Because this movie is trying to change from what predator 2 had in it and make the whole predator franchise go in a new direction... Because the direction it was going failed so there re-makeing it... Oh and the fact that predator 2 or the avp movies are not mentioned means this movie has NOTHING to do with this film or anything to do with the predators or people...  And if you wante to prove me wrong don't gip cause that's not going to work but instead do some serching and read the script and find something some where that tells me that i'm wrong then i will shut up...

Pred fan 83

i'm not trashing anything i have the movie predator 2 and i watch it.. but i think that the predator movie would do better in a different direction is all .... cause like i said it didn't make any money so there must be alot of people out there that thought the samething i did when i first watched predator 2 which is it wasn't as good as predator 1

Master

Master

Okkkkkkk. If you want proofs from the script then be my guest:

1. Action of the film starts in the city. P2 was in the city P1 wasn`t (call it a cameo if you want).
2. To kill one of new film characters the spear is used. Spear was used in P2 (and AvP, oh my!) not in P1.
3. Predators are using different vision modes what also was firstly introduced in P2.
4. Whole group of Preds was shown in P2, in P1 Anytime was hunting alone. To be honest Pussyface also hunted alone and first hunting group was shown in AvP (3 Preds just like in first AvP).

Prove me I`m wrong.

EDIT:
Try not to double post, edit your earlier message if you want to add something.

If you really want to know if P2 is popular then make a thread with such question. You`ll find out that people loves it. And the fact that it had poor incomes dosen`t change the fact that it is great film. BOX OFFICE =/= quality of film.

Pred fan 83

Yeah your right... But what i'm saying is what the predators do they don't just grab people form the city but from everywhere.. So nothing like pred 2 yes they use a spear but anyone that's a native use spears.. so not like p 2 and first hunting party was in avp but not like the script reads from robert's movie and they use different vision modes which yes was first put into predator 2 But come on the different vision modes are a must to make it sweet as hell and not to mention make the predator more deadly

Pred fan 83

yeah but no money means no more movies am i right

Pred fan 83

But tell me what do you think.. do you think this movie is going to be a success or a failer

Davjo

Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 19, 2010, 07:25:13 PM
But tell me what do you think.. do you think this movie is going to be a success or a failer

That's a hard question. There is so many way's this movie could be directed and shoot. I liked the script and if they polish it up and edit it some more it will sure be a blast to watch. But failure or success will me easier to guess ones we have a trailer to watch.

But my gut says, it will be a success. Otherwise it sucks to be Adrian Brody lol

Pred fan 83

Quote from: Davjo on Jan 19, 2010, 07:34:06 PM
Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 19, 2010, 07:25:13 PM

That's a hard question. There is so many way's this movie could be directed and shoot. I liked the script and if they polish it up and edit it some more it will sure be a blast to watch. But failure or success will me easier to guess ones we have a trailer to watch.

But my gut says, it will be a success. Otherwise it sucks to be Adrian Brody lol

Yeah i agree with you on that one..lol

Master

I can`t really change your mind can I? You don`t like P2 fine, but It dosen`t matter. It is still great film ::)

And don`t double post.

TheEyesThatDissapeared

NOOOOO!!!!!!! I MISSED IT!! GONE FROM THE COMPUTER AT THE WRONG TIME!
does ANYONE have the pictures saved? is there any possible way this predator fan can see the big event he's missed?!?! :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed