New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,809 times)

Pred fan 83

I can understand i like predator 2 alright. I was jsut saying that from what i have read in an interview of robert that this movie was supposed to be made instead of predator 2. But Fox didn't have the money for it and they said that it was just to big of a movie for the time so they had a new script wrote and that's the one with danny glover. But just from what i read this movie was going to do away with the avp's and predator 2. Which he stated that this will have nothing at all to do with predator 2. I think that's why the new preds look like they do trying to do away with what predator 2 made the predators look like andgo a whole new rout. But like i said that was just something i read so

The Shuriken

I like em a lot as well. When I read the article from the director concerning the leaks, and saying that the Predators will look 10x better, I was totally sold. ;D

NotBadForAHuman

I just want to say this, and I don't care who agrees, but it's the truth.

You can all go back and forth about how great they look. You can go back and forth about how bad they look. When the movie is said and done. 50% on each side of the argument will change their minds. So, get over it.

ColonelDoctorPaulChurch

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2010, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: ColonelDoctorPaulChurch on Jan 18, 2010, 11:26:29 PM
Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 18, 2010, 10:24:56 PM
I don't understand why there are so many people gripping about this film. This film is going to take the place of predator 2. SO when watching this movie you have to forget everything you seen from pred 2 and the avp films. SO this movie is like a redo of predator 2 which that movie was not very good at all. I know there are going to be some people out there that really liked it. But come on it didn't even make the budget back when it was out at theaters. That's why there was never a predator 3 ever made the stuido figured it played out. Which i can understand why predator 2 didn't do so good which predator 1 had the special force's then predator 2 had cops big drop in fighting. Then he was in the city which means he had alot of people to choose from where in the jungle it's pretty limited. Not to mention that arnold was almost killed by the predator in the first one then we have danny glover which he is no where near as tough as arnold and he killed a predator. so that made the movie play down real low. Now robert is supposed to be fixing that problem with this movie. Which i read where he said that his movie is going to be a direct sequel from the first predator and have nothing to do with predator 2 or the avp so it's going to make it that those movie's where never made.

I don't think the new film so much "ignores" Pred 2, it's more like a mid-quel, and simply precedes it. Pred 2 takes place after Predators to my understanding. While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree with you on Predator 2. Predator 2 was great, and added amazing elements while still leaving mystery to the Predator culture and species. The inside of the ship alone at the end was so perfect to what I feel a Pred ship would look like. AVPs ships disappointed me incredibly in comparison. None of the organic, earthly tones were present at all in the design. They looked like typical spaceships with Predator symbols slapped onto them. The inside of the Pred 2 ship felt ceremonial, ancient, new, and atmospheric. With all the steam and eerie, warm lighting, it felt like a whole different, alien environment, just in the ship alone! That's pretty damn impressive to me to pull something like that off. That team totally nailed making a new, unique, and true Predator design, of course thanks to Mark Crash McCreery and Stan the Man Winston.

Pred 2's scenario, being in an "Urban Jungle" as the phrase goes was perfect to change it up. Overall, it all comes together very well.

Plus, Aliens versus Predator (the amazing original comic story that should have been the movie) would not exist if Predator 2 was never made.

Predator 2 wasn't just good, it was great, and a worthy sequel.  ;D

Wasn't the comic made before the movie was? I thought the skull was a nod to the comic?

I stand corrected. Busted out my 1st edition TPB of Aliens vs Predator and read the article. The comic idea was conceived in 1989 by Chris Warner during a Dark Horse Comics Project meeting, one year before Predator 2 came out. Quite an interesting story too of the whole licensing situation and the attempt to actually make it into a feature long, long before AVP came out. Glad you corrected me, better to know now then to think that was the case for who knows how many more years, hehe. =^)

mocafrost

Dang.  I guess I should have saved those pics. 

The Shuriken

Quote from: mocafrost on Jan 19, 2010, 07:24:20 AM
Dang.  I guess I should have saved those pics.

I'm sure someone did, they were up for like 2-3 days.

Mystic Ninja

Is it possible that Fox leaked these photos on purpose to get an early indication of what people might think?

Also We have a photo of the original Pred with its mask off but non of the new Preds.

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

Quote from: ColonelDoctorPaulChurch on Jan 19, 2010, 06:16:02 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2010, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: ColonelDoctorPaulChurch on Jan 18, 2010, 11:26:29 PM
Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 18, 2010, 10:24:56 PM
I don't understand why there are so many people gripping about this film. This film is going to take the place of predator 2. SO when watching this movie you have to forget everything you seen from pred 2 and the avp films. SO this movie is like a redo of predator 2 which that movie was not very good at all. I know there are going to be some people out there that really liked it. But come on it didn't even make the budget back when it was out at theaters. That's why there was never a predator 3 ever made the stuido figured it played out. Which i can understand why predator 2 didn't do so good which predator 1 had the special force's then predator 2 had cops big drop in fighting. Then he was in the city which means he had alot of people to choose from where in the jungle it's pretty limited. Not to mention that arnold was almost killed by the predator in the first one then we have danny glover which he is no where near as tough as arnold and he killed a predator. so that made the movie play down real low. Now robert is supposed to be fixing that problem with this movie. Which i read where he said that his movie is going to be a direct sequel from the first predator and have nothing to do with predator 2 or the avp so it's going to make it that those movie's where never made.

I don't think the new film so much "ignores" Pred 2, it's more like a mid-quel, and simply precedes it. Pred 2 takes place after Predators to my understanding. While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree with you on Predator 2. Predator 2 was great, and added amazing elements while still leaving mystery to the Predator culture and species. The inside of the ship alone at the end was so perfect to what I feel a Pred ship would look like. AVPs ships disappointed me incredibly in comparison. None of the organic, earthly tones were present at all in the design. They looked like typical spaceships with Predator symbols slapped onto them. The inside of the Pred 2 ship felt ceremonial, ancient, new, and atmospheric. With all the steam and eerie, warm lighting, it felt like a whole different, alien environment, just in the ship alone! That's pretty damn impressive to me to pull something like that off. That team totally nailed making a new, unique, and true Predator design, of course thanks to Mark Crash McCreery and Stan the Man Winston.

Pred 2's scenario, being in an "Urban Jungle" as the phrase goes was perfect to change it up. Overall, it all comes together very well.

Plus, Aliens versus Predator (the amazing original comic story that should have been the movie) would not exist if Predator 2 was never made.

Predator 2 wasn't just good, it was great, and a worthy sequel.  ;D

Wasn't the comic made before the movie was? I thought the skull was a nod to the comic?

I stand corrected. Busted out my 1st edition TPB of Aliens vs Predator and read the article. The comic idea was conceived in 1989 by Chris Warner during a Dark Horse Comics Project meeting, one year before Predator 2 came out. Quite an interesting story too of the whole licensing situation and the attempt to actually make it into a feature long, long before AVP came out. Glad you corrected me, better to know now then to think that was the case for who knows how many more years, hehe. =^)

Wait, why exactly would anyone think Predator 2 and the AVP movies are no longer part of continuity? Or why would anyone think Predators would be a prequel to Predator 2? Where does this arguement come from? Seems baseless. Is this a reference to: "In a recent MTV Blogs Interview, Rodriguez further confirms that his reboot is to be the direct sequel to the original, possibly ignoring Predator 2, Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs Predator: Requiem, saying 'Maybe people will forget all the bad sequels and only think this one and the original exist'"? I think that's just what he hopes would happen, not set in stone. I doubt anything in Predators will contradict what we learned from Predator 2, AVP, and AVP:R.

It's just another sequel, as far as we know. Fans love to make things up in their head to pretend the movies they don't like are discounted as part of the series, and it's annoying everytime it happens. Not every movie in a series is going to be good, that's just how Hollywood works, deal with it. I like Predator 2, alot of people like Predator 2, and just cuz one guy hates it, doesn't mean Predators is a redo of Predator 2. I thought the AVP movies weren't very good, but some people out there actually like them, and it's kind of a big FU to be a dork and say "Your movies don't count anymore cuz of something I made up in my head that's based on my crazy opinion." Until Fox officially comes out and says "AVP1 & 2 are fan fiction", they did happen in the Alien/Predator film universe. Period. And even if that did happen, whos to say Predators will even be good or any better than the other sequels? Maybe it would be like Halloween H20 and Resurrection, that tried to say Parts 4-6 didn't happen, and then they made much worse movies with Busta Rhymes kicking Michael Myers' ass all over the place. "Those movies don't count, but our pieces of shit do."

DoomPredator

If anyone saved the images to their computer, could they PM me and tell me, i'll give my email addy so someone could email them to me, sure they're not the best, but i want something to show my brother.

Highland

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 19, 2010, 07:48:46 AM
Is it possible that Fox leaked these photos on purpose to get an early indication of what people might think?

Also We have a photo of the original Pred with its mask off but non of the new Preds.

Seriously doubt it. If they came from a Facebook page then it's a huge blunder. I'm sure when you post photographs on that site, they become the property of Facebook and can be used against your will.

The Shuriken

Quote from: DoomPredator on Jan 19, 2010, 08:35:58 AM
If anyone saved the images to their computer, could they PM me and tell me, i'll give my email addy so someone could email them to me, sure they're not the best, but i want something to show my brother.

Eh, I don't think so. Even if they did plan to release pictures, they wouldn't be of the quality we saw.

Master

Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Jan 19, 2010, 03:05:48 AM
I can understand i like predator 2 alright. I was jsut saying that from what i have read in an interview of robert that this movie was supposed to be made instead of predator 2. But Fox didn't have the money for it and they said that it was just to big of a movie for the time so they had a new script wrote and that's the one with danny glover. But just from what i read this movie was going to do away with the avp's and predator 2. Which he stated that this will have nothing at all to do with predator 2. I think that's why the new preds look like they do trying to do away with what predator 2 made the predators look like andgo a whole new rout. But like i said that was just something i read so

Listen man, don`t believe to every thing that you are reading. Only material that counts is the one from films and I can`t possibly imagine the way to remove P2 from canon. Ignoring it? OK! Let them ignore it but it dosen`t matter really. And to conclude, Predators will have same in common (or even less) to P1 as P2 have.

Pred fan 83

Well i know for sure and i mean for sure is that this movie is going to be a direct sequel to P1. With that being said that would really leave no room for P2. I kbow i read that sum said that it would be a prequel to pred 2 but this movie happens quite sometime after predator 1. And they talk about the predators 1 in the new movie. Where they talk about dutch and when he fought the predator a little more indepth than what was said in predator 2. But that seems to me like it would do away with predator 2 I don't know But anyway i hopeing that this predator movie is going to be sweet.. I know the first predator made like 25 million which that's what it cost to make the film so it really didn't do so good in the theaters. it got alot bigger when it came out on vhs and tv then everyone got to see it. Now predator 2 it made like 19 or 22 million in theaters when it was showing and i think the production budget was like 25 million or so. I looked it up sometime ago in records and ticket sales.

Pred fan 83

Oh and another reason why it wont have nothing to do with the avp movies is they werent very good. That why robert rodriguez didn't want anyone from the avp movies in this movie.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Puks on Jan 19, 2010, 12:24:38 AM
The designs are okay, seriously I don't know what's the matter with you people. At least we aren't getting some over the top bullsh*t.

Those preddies look old-school. Me like.

I agree. I'm sure they'll look awesome on screen fully geared up, the descriptions in the script were awful but they actually look really good here. I do know the script may have been changed, by the way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed