New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,530 times)

Mystic Ninja

Yes, I'm sure Ian Whyte will look a lot bigger but his not been hired and I don't think its a big deal.

The guys they have hired are not exactly midgets, they are 6'10 - big enough in my books.

Alienseseses

Camera angles are everything. And the shot of the pred without a mask is ace.

SiL

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 10:46:12 PM
The guys they have hired are not exactly midgets, they are 6'10 - big enough in my books.
6'10" with suits.

All I'm sayin' is, remember AvP, and how the Predators looked in that.

boostedlsj

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 10:43:48 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 17, 2010, 10:37:48 PM
Well what are your thoughts on Warner digging the movie?
I could care less.

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 10:38:16 PM
6'10, 7'2...both big SOB! Not really a big deal
Remember everyone bitching about the Predators in AvP looking short and fat?

Y'know why?

Cos a lot of the time they had shorter stunt people. And by shorter, I mean 6'9", bigger than anyone playing a Predator in this movie.

We have seen what happens when you don't put 7 foot tall people in the suit; people bitch and moan because they don't look right.

Maybe the only person left in the whole world that is over 7 foot is Ian Whyte. But he isnt worthy of this movie. Or maybe Ian is on a tropical island mating with all kinds of women trying to save his 7 foot + Race. Maybe the NBA just uses camera angles man. Maybe I am drunk. Maybe

Mystic Ninja

@Sil

Yes, I remember AvP and the Preds looked short for the reasons you mentioned earlier. However, I could have dealt with that if the film it self was entertaining.

Dusk

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 10:46:12 PM
Yes, I'm sure Ian Whyte will look a lot bigger but his not been hired and I don't think its a big deal.

I think it is, when you pass up on a guy that could be a freaking giant Predator and doesn't require the extra training, that these guys have to go through. And Derek Mears doesn't exactly strike me as a guy to get the subtle Predator movements right.

QuoteThe guys they have hired are not exactly midgets, they are 6'10 - big enough in my books.

Do you just ignore the posts? Again, they are 6'10" with the suits on. Ian Whyte without the Predator suit is already taller than them. With Ian Whyte in the Predator suit, where talking about more than 2-3 inches difference in height.

dallevalle

dallevalle

man him sil need to stop bitching all that comes out of his mouth is shit xD jesus christ !

we got some damn set pics get over it awwww is the predator only 6,10 :( booohu eat a cookie it dosent freaking matter if the pred isent  a keven peter hall size you guys only bitch for the sake of it you never try to find anything good always bitching speicaly you sil you bitch about anything expect your perfect little alien 1  (whos the worst alien of them all man in a suit ) :P (someone should kick you in the nutter xD)

carnotaurus1350

They do look small compared to what we are used to, but I assume some decent film-making tricks should take care of that.

On the note of the Predators I do still stand by the fact that I am relieved by seeing them. That said they arent perfect, nowhere close. They just seem to be closer to the orginal designs than I thought they would and look a lot better than the avp ones. Also Im glad they aren't the BSPs that were in the script.

As for the suits? They look kinda.. Unfinished.  They seem to all look very pale and with little detail. That said, the quality may be causing that. Also, where is the mesh? They look awkwardly naked or something. I still stand by that they are better than I had hoped, but there is obvious room for improvement.

The masks look decent in concept but poor in execution.. But that could be picture quality again. I am still willing to bet this movie will be a vast improvement over the AVP movies.

echobbase79

Quote from: dallevalle on Jan 17, 2010, 10:52:22 PM
man him sil need to stop bitching all that comes out of his mouth is shit xD jesus christ !

we got some damn set pics get over it awwww is the predator only 6,10 :( booohu eat a cookie it dosent freaking matter if the pred isent  a keven peter hall size you guys only bitch for the sake of it you never try to find anything good always bitching speicaly you sil you bitch about anything expect your perfect little alien 1   :P (someone should kick you in the nutter xD)

At least Sil can write out a decent and understanding post.  :P

dallevalle

ah yes go on about the spelling your so smart   ::)

echobbase79

Quote from: dallevalle on Jan 17, 2010, 10:56:21 PM
ah yes go on about the spelling your so smart   ::)

Smarter than you.  ;D

dallevalle

i dont think so

jordan

The stills are about as unofficial as you can get.  Why do people keep asking wheres the mesh, armor etc?  The picture of the 3 of them standing together should be taken in the same vein as the one where they don't even have the heads attached.

Mystic Ninja

@Dusk

Ok ok, they are 6'10 with the suits. Its a shame Ian White never got hired, but that and Predators being over 7'0 instead of 6'10 is not going to make or break the film. That's why I don't think its a big deal.

If they hired someone my height, 6'1, then I can agree but 6'10 is still fricken big!!

Anyone have the heights of the humans?

echobbase79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed