New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,872 times)

Alienseseses

I know it's a lot to ask, considering the history of the series, but... can we at least wait until a trailer before calling a movie terrible?
I personally love the look of the predators. And we don't know how the characters will be handled.
Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 10:25:10 PM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jan 17, 2010, 10:18:57 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 17, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
so the consensuous is that:

AVP: mediocre, kiddy movie, average acting, lame script, shit desings.

AVPR: brilliant cinematography, shit story, shit directing, shit acting, some good designs.

and if not all the predators are the same, the difference here is exagerated.

its like predator midgetism

The cinematography in AvPR is f**king awful... Some of the worst I've ever seen...
It's pretty good as evidenced by the trailer.

The stupid ass color correction f**king shat all over it.

Well yeah.. the final products cinematography is shocking... But you're right the trailer was much nicer...
Agree 100%.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 17, 2010, 10:24:46 PM
And add those inches to 6'10 and you get around the same thing anyway.
The Predators are 6'10" fully suited.

Pvt. Hicks

Ah.

It's weird they couldn't find another 7ft guy. They could have simply brought Ian Whyte back, but Robert Rodriguez absolutely refused, not wanting anyone involved in AvP to taint this movie, despite Whyte being alright.

SiL

That's not only pretty immature, it's plenty unprofessional.

So what he was in the AvPs. It's not like anyone beyond a fan would know.

Dusk

Seriously, and he's just the guy behind the mask. It's not like getting someone like Lance Henriksen to play another cameo. You put that guy in a giant suit and he'll be another Predator that has nothing to do with the AvP franchise.

SiL

What's worse, far as I'm concerned, is Anderson managed to find two 6'9" stunt men (who still looked way too short) for AvP. They could've got Whyte and those two guys back, and play the height difference off in the movie.

Instead they went for shorter people who, with the suit, are barely taller than AvP's stunt men. Who people bitched about looking too short.

Mystic Ninja

Ian Whyte brings nothing special to the role of Pred that no other actor cannot
do with training. No big deal.

SiL

Except being a good three inches taller without a suit than everyone in Predators with a suit.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 10:35:05 PM
Except being a good three inches taller without a suit than everyone in Predators with a suit.

Well what are your thoughts on Warner digging the movie?

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

6'10, 7'2...both big SOB! Not really a big deal

Lol, until now I thought people bitching about black blood and triple cannon was bad. This is the new winner, its gonna take something big to top this!

Doomofman

Dusk

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 10:38:16 PM

Actors in this Movie are 6'10" WITH the suit. Whyte is 7'2' WITHOUT the suit. Now put Whyte in a suit and the height difference is pretty noticable.

boostedlsj

ok once again they are 6'10" WITH the suit! Ian is 7'2" without the suit! Ian in the suit is almost a foot taller. Plus I do think he brought something that these guys might not be able to. Not saying they can't obviously that is yet to be seen but Ian was fantastic as Wolf. All of his movements and jestures were my favorite out of all the movies. But we will see.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 17, 2010, 10:37:48 PM
Well what are your thoughts on Warner digging the movie?
I could care less.

Remember everyone bitching about the Predators in AvP looking short and fat?

Y'know why?

Cos a lot of the time they had shorter stunt people. And by shorter, I mean 6'9", bigger than anyone playing a Predator in this movie.

We have seen what happens when you don't put 7 foot tall people in the suit; people bitch and moan because they don't look right.

Highland

You know somethings not quite right when the excuses start flying around.

In short (no pun intended) so far we've got

Predators are too short
Proportions look out
No muscle definition
Not menacing
No apparent upgraded weaponry or armour.

I'm struggling to find a point to the whole story now? why not just make 2 different versions of the regular pred?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed