New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,504 times)

Dusk

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 09:56:56 PM
You don't always need to look tough or special. A lot of serial murders look unassuming. You always hear people say "He was a family man." "He was a quite person." "He was so nice, I never expected that of him."
And yet what the heck's he going to do to a Predator?

It explicitly states he likes watching people die. He's not a fighter. He poses zero threat to a Predator unless he manages to drug it somehow, and like hell that's going to happen.

Who knows. Maybe they just simple like to hunt other Predators? And somehow he managed to be one step ahead of the FBI, so he must do something right. Or maybe they like to mix their prey with a wildcard, to see what they'll do when they get attacked from the inside?

SiL

Or maybe the people writing the script didn't bother considering their own concept enough.

The Shuriken

Hm, the only thing about the Predators I'm a bit, not concerned, but disappointed about, is the lack of weaponry.

All I can see is the shoulder cannon. Aside from that, they look pretty plain. Which isn't a bad thing per-say, but I was hoping to see a bit more weaponry.

Dusk

I'm sure they weren't all geared up in those pictures.

boostedlsj

boostedlsj

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 17, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
Quote from: boostedlsj on Jan 17, 2010, 04:31:32 PM
Well at first I really liked the way the predators looked and I still have some faith that they will in the movie and these are just crappy photos. But I don't know. Also think maybe they arent fully geared up. BUT.....they just look funny. Their heads look huge. They look like bobble head versions of a predator kinda lol   They one with the tusk especially. But I am still hoping they will look great in the film. I am all for something different......but sometimes different can be f**kin stupid. AVP

Cant they just look like this but with their own flavor added? This is a f**kin predator!
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad108/boostedlsj/productionstill32.jpg

Why does that HAVE to be a f**kin Predator?

Do you think you and I are the same build?  Do you believe that EVERYONE on this board looks EXACTLY the same?  Do you not think that some guys are bigger, bulkier (and I'm sure some fat f*cks as well)?

Of course we all look different.

So why the hell should EVERY flipping Predator look exactly the same.

Is it just to satisfy your fanboy wishes?  ::)

haha Fanboy wishes? Man I am all for something different and I'm still 75% sure these predators will look good in the film. BUT if their proportions look like this in the film then it is gonna look hilarious. Which is why I can not imagine it turning our this way. Does every predator have to look the same? No. Sure they don't. BUT if I was gonna make a predator movie would I pick a predator that looks absolutely bad ass and menacing like WOLF or a pale little bobbleheaded pussy like these 3 kinda look like? Well ask yourself that...Like I said I really think they are gonna look bad ass on film for a few reasons. But if they dont...you look at the difference. Wolf looks like he would kill, rape and eat those 3 preds man.

Do they all have to look the same? Nope sure don't. But to be the 3 menacing bad asses in the movie? Well that would be like casting me as Arnie in P1. Sure all humans come in different shapes and sizes but do not think people would be thrilled to watch.

PLEASE MAKE THE PREDATORS BAD ASS!!!!

Truly yours Sabres21768,

Fan Boy

Doomofman

Quote from: Ultrapredator on Jan 17, 2010, 10:08:24 PM
Hm, the only thing about the Predators I'm a bit, not concerned, but disappointed about, is the lack of weaponry.

All I can see is the shoulder cannon. Aside from that, they look pretty plain. Which isn't a bad thing per-say, but I was hoping to see a bit more weaponry.

The BSP (Steeles predator) has wrist blades... An unusual design yes.. but they're there

The Shuriken

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 10:09:43 PM
I'm sure they weren't all geared up in those pictures.

Hopefully not, but we'll see. ;D

boostedlsj

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Jan 17, 2010, 09:49:20 PM
That thing looks hideous, and hideously fake. Kill it with fire.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
I'm still sticking with the 'different builds just like humans' thing
Okay, but it's the same problem with getting people like Topher Grace to be hand-picked for kidnapping:

You're asking us to believe these guys are special, yet by all accounts they're less impressive than what we've seen before.

We've seen tougher prey, we've seen taller, more imposing Predators.

Oh come one lol! The Wolf with his mask off wasn't for the most part very impressive. But he does look pretty bad ass in the shot. But thats your opinion man

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 10:04:16 PM
You don't always need to look tough or special. A lot of serial murders look unassuming. You always hear people say "He was a family man." "He was a quite person." "He was so nice, I never expected that of him."

It explicitly states he likes watching people die. He's not a fighter. He poses zero threat to a Predator unless he manages to drug it somehow, and like hell that's going to happen.

Who knows. Maybe they just simple like to hunt other Predators? And somehow he managed to be one step ahead of the FBI, so he must do something right. Or maybe they like to mix their prey with a wildcard, to see what they'll do when they get attacked from the inside?

I agree. Edwin is a guy who has made it to the FBI list, his got to be good at what he does and thats hunting people, killing them and then leaving without getting caught. I dont see why a Predator wont appreciate that quality.

Yes, Edwin poses no immediate threar to a Predator but what human does. Edwins strength is his ability to manipulate people, to come across as no threat but potentially is the biggest threat. Not to the Predator but to the other humans in the Prey party. May be he was selected to f**k things up from within. To increase the fear and adrenaline - its not normal Pred behaviour but the SP are not your normal Preds, they appear to enjot stuff like that.

The Predators were probably observing him for a very long time before they took him and I dont think its to hard to believe that the Preds wont respect his obvious talents. He may not be the strongest, but his probably the cleverest (on a par with Royce, best allrounder) and his a survivor.

His a wuss when it comes to a fist fight, but his clever and manipulative enough to avoid that fist fight and then stab you in the back when you least expect it. Yes no honour, but his survived and your dead.
Spoiler
He would have survived in the story had Isabelle not turned alien or whatever the f**k happened with her! still confused.
[close]

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 10:04:16 PM

Predators are serial killers - they enjoy killing. They're wusses like Edwin. They slay you while being invisible behind a tree.

They saw that he was like them.

XenoVC

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 17, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
so the consensuous is that:

AVP: mediocre, kiddy movie, average acting, lame script, shit desings.

AVPR: brilliant cinematography, shit story, shit directing, shit acting, some good designs.

and if not all the predators are the same, the difference here is exagerated.

its like predator midgetism

The cinematography in AvPR is f**king awful... Some of the worst I've ever seen...
It's pretty good as evidenced by the trailer.

The stupid ass color correction f**king shat all over it.

The Demon

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 16, 2010, 10:41:28 PM
Sorry, I don't count more than 1 barrel.

I see three different barrels there. Look closely. Its all at the end.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 17, 2010, 10:22:57 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jan 16, 2010, 10:41:28 PM
Sorry, I don't count more than 1 barrel.

I see three different barrels there. Look closely. Its all at the end.

:D

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Not a big diff..just abt 3 inches!!
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" without the suit. Whyte was one inch shorter.

Add the height the suit gives in the head and feet and you're tiptoing closer to seven and a half feet tall.

6'10" is way, way off.

And add those inches to 6'10 and you get around the same thing anyway.

Doomofman

Quote from: XenoVC on Jan 17, 2010, 10:18:57 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:57:28 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 17, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
so the consensuous is that:

AVP: mediocre, kiddy movie, average acting, lame script, shit desings.

AVPR: brilliant cinematography, shit story, shit directing, shit acting, some good designs.

and if not all the predators are the same, the difference here is exagerated.

its like predator midgetism

The cinematography in AvPR is f**king awful... Some of the worst I've ever seen...
It's pretty good as evidenced by the trailer.

The stupid ass color correction f**king shat all over it.

Well yeah.. the final products cinematography is shocking... But you're right the trailer was much nicer...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed