New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,532 times)

Dusk

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:42:49 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 09:35:05 PM
Man, for all the flaws that AvP:R had, Wolf up there, all geared up and masked, looked freaking badass. And most importantly, no bobblehead at all.

And then he took his mask off  :'(

Well, actually didn't look too bad, the only problem was that the mandibles still didn't close properly and that the mandibles seemed too thick. But when he turned around in the chair, I thought he looked badass. The lighting and the colors were just perfect.

pmaz11

Completely agree with you Dusk^

The unrated scene in AVPR with Wolf taking off his mask in the ship actually made him look pretty cool. The lighting and camera angle were done well in that scene, as well as the intro scene from the predator planet.

Doomofman

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Not a big diff..just abt 3 inches!!
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" without the suit. Whyte was one inch shorter.

Add the height the suit gives in the head and feet and you're tiptoing closer to seven and a half feet tall.

6'10" is way, way off.

I'm still sticking with the 'different builds just like humans' thing

SiL

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Jan 17, 2010, 09:49:20 PM
That thing looks hideous, and hideously fake. Kill it with fire.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Okay, but it's the same problem with getting people like Topher Grace to be hand-picked for kidnapping:

You're asking us to believe these guys are special, yet by all accounts they're less impressive than what we've seen before.

We've seen tougher prey, we've seen taller, more imposing Predators.

AncientPred

For arguments sake; In terms of, and ONLY regarding, "Head Size". Here are some of the Behind-The-Scenes pics from P2;

now after seeing those compare to those of the three SP and one regular P;

Doomofman

I always thought Pussyface had a massive head... Plus one of those predators in the behind the scenes shot is tiny..

Dusk

Completely agree with you Dusk^

The unrated scene in AVPR with Wolf taking off his mask in the ship actually made him look pretty cool. The lighting and camera angle were done well in that scene, as well as the intro scene from the predator planet.

This isn't the scene I meant. I mean the one when he's on that other planet before he takes off.

chupacabras acheronsis

so the consensuous is that:

AVP: mediocre, kiddy movie, average acting, lame script, shit desings.

AVPR: brilliant cinematography, shit story, shit directing, shit acting, some good designs.

and if not all the predators are the same, the difference here is exagerated.

its like predator midgetism

Dusk

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
You're asking us to believe these guys are special, yet by all accounts they're less impressive than what we've seen before.

You don't always need to look tough or special. A lot of serial murders look unassuming. You always hear people say "He was a family man." "He was a quite person." "He was so nice, I never expected that of him."

Doomofman

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 17, 2010, 09:55:56 PM
so the consensuous is that:

AVP: mediocre, kiddy movie, average acting, lame script, shit desings.

AVPR: brilliant cinematography, shit story, shit directing, shit acting, some good designs.

and if not all the predators are the same, the difference here is exagerated.

its like predator midgetism

The cinematography in AvPR is f**king awful... Some of the worst I've ever seen...

AncientPred

The fact also that the SP's are mutations of sorts should also be taken into account.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
That thing looks hideous, and hideously fake. Kill it with fire.

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 17, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Okay, but it's the same problem with getting people like Topher Grace to be hand-picked for kidnapping:

Spoiler
Is Edwin (not Topher but the character his playing) not a serial killer who is on the FBI list or something. To be on that list you have to be pretty bad. So may be his a perfect serial killer, he hunts down his prey well, makes the kill and expertly leaves the scene without getting caught. Is it not possible for a Pred to appreciate that I want to kill him. May be he was added to the kidnapped group as a "warmer upper" for the bigger tougher prey like Royce, Nikoli ect however Edwin, as always, is underestimated and survives longer using his brain.
[close]

SiL

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 09:56:56 PM
You don't always need to look tough or special. A lot of serial murders look unassuming. You always hear people say "He was a family man." "He was a quite person." "He was so nice, I never expected that of him."
And yet what the heck's he going to do to a Predator?

It explicitly states he likes watching people die. He's not a fighter. He poses zero threat to a Predator unless he manages to drug it somehow, and like hell that's going to happen.

AncientPred

very true MysticNinja

pmaz11

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 09:54:22 PM

as well as the intro scene from the predator planet.

This isn't the scene I meant. I mean the one when he's on that other planet before he takes off.

All I'm saying is that the lighting and angles of the wrecked ship scene weren't THAT bad, I DO think the bottom mandibles need to be angled in more like the original but other than that it still looks acceptionally good to me.

But yeah this is the shot your talking about, and it was the BEST shot of Wolf. No question.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed