New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,590 times)

Reaper Pred

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: Stringer_Pred on Jan 17, 2010, 07:07:45 PM
For those of you who worry about the Predators' height, here's a little clarification by Aintitcool's webmaster Harry Knwoles:

QuotePREDATORS were at least 6'10" - that picture was taken from a high angle looking down at them, with things built to scale to the Predators. Don't worry, PREDATORS are plenty big.

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_display/43662#comment_3096554

Harry is well-known friend of Robert Rodriguez (they both live in Austin, Texas) so I'm sure he must have visited the set (he often does).

6'10 is pretty big in my books! however I doubt it wont please everyone since I believe the originals were over 7'1
Not a big diff..just abt 3 inches!!

dallevalle

Quote from: ScarFace the Vanguard on Jan 17, 2010, 07:48:20 PM
Those Preds doon't even look like preds.

omg someone shoot this guy lol

Private Hudson

Quote from: ScarFace the Vanguard on Jan 17, 2010, 07:48:20 PM
Those Preds don't even look like preds.

You obviously have never seen Predator 1 or 2.

huntin8-t0n

That's a bit harsh :)!
Though I don't think they wouldn't  resemble preds too. They are just different somehow.

Nightmare Asylum

Woah! Those pics look great! I really want to see this! (Even though I STILL haven't seen AVPR. :P )

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 17, 2010, 07:30:52 PM
Quote from: Stringer_Pred on Jan 17, 2010, 07:07:45 PM
For those of you who worry about the Predators' height, here's a little clarification by Aintitcool's webmaster Harry Knwoles:

QuotePREDATORS were at least 6'10" - that picture was taken from a high angle looking down at them, with things built to scale to the Predators. Don't worry, PREDATORS are plenty big.

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_display/43662#comment_3096554

Harry is well-known friend of Robert Rodriguez (they both live in Austin, Texas) so I'm sure he must have visited the set (he often does).

6'10 is pretty big in my books! however I doubt it wont please everyone since I believe the originals were over 7'1

you will be suprised  ::)

Purebreedalien

I think they look rather cool, I just hope that KNB gets the faces right, and judging by the Standard Predator I don't need to worry too much, that is providing they don't go over the top with the mutant-ness :D

Requiem28

Requiem28

the only serious problem that i have with the Preds is the mask on the one in the middle.  the front is almost completely flat. no arch or anything.

Purebreedalien

I showed my little brother that picture, his first reaction:

"Why are their heads so big? Especially that one." *points to middle Pred*

Then he said:

"So, is there gonna be a Predator 3 then?"

I laughed :D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: boostedlsj on Jan 17, 2010, 04:31:32 PM
Well at first I really liked the way the predators looked and I still have some faith that they will in the movie and these are just crappy photos. But I don't know. Also think maybe they arent fully geared up. BUT.....they just look funny. Their heads look huge. They look like bobble head versions of a predator kinda lol   They one with the tusk especially. But I am still hoping they will look great in the film. I am all for something different......but sometimes different can be f**kin stupid. AVP

Cant they just look like this but with their own flavor added? This is a f**kin predator!
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad108/boostedlsj/productionstill32.jpg

Why does that HAVE to be a f**kin Predator?

Do you think you and I are the same build?  Do you believe that EVERYONE on this board looks EXACTLY the same?  Do you not think that some guys are bigger, bulkier (and I'm sure some fat f*cks as well)?

Of course we all look different.

So why the hell should EVERY flipping Predator look exactly the same.

Is it just to satisfy your fanboy wishes?  ::)

AncientPred

The pics are now up on CHUD

Dusk

Man, for all the flaws that AvP:R had, Wolf up there, all geared up and masked, looked freaking badass. And most importantly, no bobblehead at all.

Doomofman

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 17, 2010, 09:35:05 PM
Man, for all the flaws that AvP:R had, Wolf up there, all geared up and masked, looked freaking badass. And most importantly, no bobblehead at all.

And then he took his mask off  :'(

Highland

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 17, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
Quote from: boostedlsj on Jan 17, 2010, 04:31:32 PM
Well at first I really liked the way the predators looked and I still have some faith that they will in the movie and these are just crappy photos. But I don't know. Also think maybe they arent fully geared up. BUT.....they just look funny. Their heads look huge. They look like bobble head versions of a predator kinda lol   They one with the tusk especially. But I am still hoping they will look great in the film. I am all for something different......but sometimes different can be f**kin stupid. AVP

Cant they just look like this but with their own flavor added? This is a f**kin predator!
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad108/boostedlsj/productionstill32.jpg

Why does that HAVE to be a f**kin Predator?

Do you think you and I are the same build?  Do you believe that EVERYONE on this board looks EXACTLY the same?  Do you not think that some guys are bigger, bulkier (and I'm sure some fat f*cks as well)?

Of course we all look different.

So why the hell should EVERY flipping Predator look exactly the same.

Is it just to satisfy your fanboy wishes?  ::)

80% of the fans on the poll agree with him. They look shizen

SiL

Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" without the suit. Whyte was one inch shorter.

Add the height the suit gives in the head and feet and you're tiptoing closer to seven and a half feet tall.

6'10" is way, way off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed