New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,635 times)

chrisr232007

Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 06:06:06 PM
Quote from: The Demon on Jan 16, 2010, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 05:53:33 PM
OK, so I gotta be honest...my first reaction to the BSP's was underwhelming.

**Now I know these are just amateur pics, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see some professional finished photos, but these designs are still the official designs so I think my opinions are pretty valid**

There is absolutely many things missing and 'off' at first glance. First off is this blandness of the designs. Nothing about the Preds stands out. They are all just so grey...it's hard to even see them. There needs to be a contrast in colors on the Preds so we can make out each part of their bodies/designs. The new Winston Pred design is gorgeous and shows exactly what I mean. We can actually see him and his different parts of his body. He STANDS out. So props to KNB on that one.

Secondly is the netting. The netting defines the Predator and 'completes' his whole look. It kinda connects everything into one bad-ass, killer package. Basically the staples of the Predator seem missing in these new Predators. The trophy necklaces are gone, The simple but awesome masks are gone, the various camouflaged color schemes are gone, differences in armor, etc. They are so naked it's almost boring. I like how they are primitive but this is TOO primitive, IMO. Predators are a beautiful blend of technology and primitiveness. It's missing here.

As already mentioned, the proportions seem off too. That was one of the first things I noticed. The Preds just seem dead to me.

I will continue to keep my hopes up though since these pictures were never meant to be released and are clearly taken before post-production. They are an improvement in the right direction, but to be honest I think Wolf (with his mask) looks 10x better than these guys.

The difference is, these Predators are on their home planet. They're not suited for a hunting trip. I think that was the point.

It's never mentioned that this planet is their home planet. It could be another planet they use for hunting trips. But that's not the point...the point is they're missing an element that makes Predators, Predators.

Well ther not suppose to be regular Predators and ya its not ther home planet but it is some were ther dont need all ther tools to hunt like they would on earth.

Keith

In this pic, it looks like he's wearing some lift shoes to give him some extra height.

The Demon

Exactly my point. The movie takes place on their home planet. Its not like their going to earth for a few days to hunt where they would need all that equipment. So what we're getting with these guys are more primitive Predators.

Pvt. Hicks

Yeah. People have to stop assuming that what's in the grainy photos is how it is going to look like in the final film, or that they are done prepping the suit.

JaredK21

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 16, 2010, 06:07:36 PM
Its stated in the plot that its on their home planet.

And what element is that?

The fish netting.

chrisr232007

Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 06:11:27 PM

The fish netting.

Look the net has never been confirmed do serve a purpose and theses are not reg preds and they dont need or use all the stuff a reg pred would use or have.

The Demon

Well like the great pvt hicks says with his priceless advice, the suit might not be done prepping.

I don't find the netting that important. Like before, this isn't a hunting trip. They are not going to be identical to those Predators we saw before.

Doomofman

STOP REFERENCING THE f**kING COMICS..

They have NOTHING to do with this movie or any elements in it... The only things this movie has to follow is P1 and P2... 

JaredK21

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jan 16, 2010, 06:14:03 PM
Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 06:11:27 PM

The fish netting.

Look the net has never been confirmed do serve a purpose and theses are not reg preds and they dont need or use all the stuff a reg pred would use or have.

I'm not debating the use of the fish net. I'm debating the look of it on the Predator. EVERY Predator we've ever seen has adorned the fish netting. It makes them, them. And it makes them look so much better IMO.

I just think these new Preds need it.

P.S. When I bought and assembled my Hot Toys Predator I forgot to add the netting but I didn't realize it. Something about the figure seemed off. Then I noticed the netting was missing and when I put it on the figure looked complete and so much better.

dallevalle

who gives a crap about fishnets they are home not needing all the stuff they usally take with them to earth as others have pointed out.

so come on stop bitching be happy that we dident get mutant freaks be happy that the preds actully looks so great

RakaiThwei

I'm pretty sure that this movie is not on the homeworld. But rather a game reserve or a safari planet.

So I've read in the script anyway.

-Rakai'Thwei

Raptor

Awesome Predators are awesome!!!!

Also LOL at people judging the movie preds by this set pics  :D they could add an entire world via post production man,the way they look in this pics means nothing really,they could very well be basis for other stuff not saying it is but thats the idea.

Im sure the movie will be nothing like we are expecting and will blow us away.

dallevalle

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 16, 2010, 06:20:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that this movie is not on the homeworld. But rather a game reserve or a safari planet.

-Rakai'Thwei

hmmm well closer to home than earth well thats what i think  but still the whole fishnet thing is just people bitching for the sake of bitching becuse its so low that its just stupid to be mad over such a thing.

DoomRulz

-Rakai'Thwei

Take it with a grain of salt because the script has been changed since it was leaked.

Doomofman

-Rakai'Thwei

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's no mention of it being the preds home planet at all.. I don't think it's mentioned what the planet is at all..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed