New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 298,619 times)

jordan

In the script they resembled Super shredders.  Here they're at least recognisable as Predators.  I'm much happier now and I'm willing to give this movie more of a chance.  I wonder if Oleg will take any heat for this big reveal.

The Demon

Are these the super black Predators?

jordan

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 16, 2010, 05:47:08 PM
Are these the super black Predators?

Well we see a trio and a single Predator.  If adhering to that script, its reasonable to say they are.  But its also reasonable to say there'll be no such thing as a BSP.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 16, 2010, 09:11:28 AM
I'm with Johnny.

I'm gonna get labeled a hater or whatever for this, but those Super Preds look ... eh. They don't look imposing or menacing, and their armour looks bland as all get out. It's like they slapped some vacuformed plastic over the suits and called it a day :-\

Yeah, I thought their design would have more oomph. I personally thought they would be very colorful and over-the-top.

JaredK21

OK, so I gotta be honest...my first reaction to the BSP's was underwhelming.

**Now I know these are just amateur pics, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see some professional finished photos, but these designs are still the official designs so I think my opinions are pretty valid**

There is absolutely many things missing and 'off' at first glance. First off is this blandness of the designs. Nothing about the Preds stands out. They are all just so grey...it's hard to even see them. There needs to be a contrast in colors on the Preds so we can make out each part of their bodies/designs. The new Winston Pred design is gorgeous and shows exactly what I mean. We can actually see him and his different parts of his body. He STANDS out. So props to KNB on that one.

Secondly is the netting. The netting defines the Predator and 'completes' his whole look. It kinda connects everything into one bad-ass, killer package. Basically the staples of the Predator seem missing in these new Predators. The trophy necklaces are gone, The simple but awesome masks are gone, the various camouflaged color schemes are gone, differences in armor, etc. They are so naked it's almost boring. I like how they are primitive but this is TOO primitive, IMO. Predators are a beautiful blend of technology and primitiveness. It's missing here.

As already mentioned, the proportions seem off too. That was one of the first things I noticed. The Preds just seem dead to me.

I will continue to keep my hopes up though since these pictures were never meant to be released and are clearly taken before post-production. They are an improvement in the right direction, but to be honest I think Wolf (with his mask) looks 10x better than these guys.

The Demon

Did they ditch the BSP idea? (HOPEFULLY)

jordan

jordan

I can't believe people want those adolescant 'mutants' over these.  I mean the BSP's in the script sounded outrageous. Totally stupid.  These Predators look like a blueprint thats more acceptable.

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 16, 2010, 05:54:32 PM
Did they ditch the BSP idea? (HOPEFULLY)

We don't know.  We can only speculate.  The looks of things would say these are outcasts of some form, maybe bad bloods.  And, IMO, thats MUCH more acceptable than an episode of the power rangers.

DoomRulz

Don't double post.

The Demon

Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 05:53:33 PM

**Now I know these are just amateur pics, and I'm eagerly awaiting to see some professional finished photos, but these designs are still the official designs so I think my opinions are pretty valid**

There is absolutely many things missing and 'off' at first glance. First off is this blandness of the designs. Nothing about the Preds stands out. They are all just so grey...it's hard to even see them. There needs to be a contrast in colors on the Preds so we can make out each part of their bodies/designs. The new Winston Pred design is gorgeous and shows exactly what I mean. We can actually see him and his different parts of his body. He STANDS out. So props to KNB on that one.

Secondly is the netting. The netting defines the Predator and 'completes' his whole look. It kinda connects everything into one bad-ass, killer package. Basically the staples of the Predator seem missing in these new Predators. The trophy necklaces are gone, The simple but awesome masks are gone, the various camouflaged color schemes are gone, differences in armor, etc. They are so naked it's almost boring. I like how they are primitive but this is TOO primitive, IMO. Predators are a beautiful blend of technology and primitiveness. It's missing here.

As already mentioned, the proportions seem off too. That was one of the first things I noticed. The Preds just seem dead to me.

I will continue to keep my hopes up though since these pictures were never meant to be released and are clearly taken before post-production. They are an improvement in the right direction, but to be honest I think Wolf (with his mask) looks 10x better than these guys.

The difference is, these Predators are on their home planet. They're not suited for a hunting trip. I think that was the point.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 12:19:08 PM
I still dont get why the hell they didnt contact Ian Whyte about it, he would have been perfect.

Well he is 6'7'', and even taller with that gear on.

Plus Robrod and Troublemaker probably don't want to part with a crew in which they already have.

Sabres21768

I'm not seeing any "fishnet" on these.  ???

Does that mean no invisibility?

Doomofman

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 16, 2010, 06:00:47 PM
I'm not seeing any "fishnet" on these.  ???

Does that mean no invisibility?

No because it's not in any way established in the movies that the net has anything to do with invisibility.. and don't give me any 'it's in the comics' crap... These are movies not comics... Comic rules don't apply/aren't relative

UltimateBadass

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 16, 2010, 06:00:35 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 12:19:08 PM
I still dont get why the hell they didnt contact Ian Whyte about it, he would have been perfect.

Well he is 6'7'', and even taller with that gear on.

Plus Robrod and Troublemaker probably don't want to part with a crew in which they already have.

Ian Whyte is 7'1.

JaredK21

Quote from: The Demon on Jan 16, 2010, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: JaredK21 on Jan 16, 2010, 05:53:33 PM

The difference is, these Predators are on their home planet. They're not suited for a hunting trip. I think that was the point.

It's never mentioned that this planet is their home planet. It could be another planet they use for hunting trips. But that's not the point...the point is they're missing an element that makes Predators, Predators.

The Demon

Its stated in the plot that its on their home planet.

And what element is that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed