New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,927 times)

Hybrid PM

You just can't please everyone... I love what I see though. These preds remind me of wild men in the jungle living off the land. Primitive is the perfect word to describe them... I love it.... And the normal pred, well he just looks fantastic. 

Mike The Wolf

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 16, 2010, 02:46:55 PM
Nothing about the netting has ever been established in the movies so it doesn't matter... I do wish they had it though

Also the guy in the Pred suit on his own without the mask... Look at his stomach... Is that a scar from the two blades of a predators gauntlet?

I know it was never established but it does make sense.

dallevalle

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 16, 2010, 03:31:19 PM
You just can't please everyone... I love what I see though. These preds remind me of wild men in the jungle living off the land. Primitive is the perfect word to describe them... I love it.... And the normal pred, well he just looks fantastic.

your right the whole premitive way fits so much at least people got them kinda primitive instead of super monster mutant freaks so people should be happy

Doomofman

Couldn't agree more... I mean people just expect way too much...

On another note... The 3 Preds standing together... Can you see their eyes through the masks?  :o

Yautja161

Quote from: Dusk on Jan 16, 2010, 03:30:01 PM
How about people have valid reasons not to be wowed out of their socks? The Winston Predator looks great, but the 3 other Preds kinda have weird proportions with heads that look way too massive. Who knows how they'll look in post-production, with the right lighting and filmed from the right angle? But right now, they look weird.

totally agree with Dusk

Steve C

I think they look pretty good, but is anybody still bothered by the notion of there being "super predators?"  I still can't wrap my head around that.  Predators are predators.

Mike The Wolf

The Predator in the middle, his mask reminds me of one of those bad guys in the Stargate movie.

dallevalle

holy cow im getting excited now :D this is going to be so great !!!! i want a trailer so bad now !!! ^^

Spoon

Spoon

Great to finally see some pictures of the preds.  I was expecting alot worse to tell you the truth.  The actors playing them are very short and I agree the netting would have made them look so much better but other then that I'm ok with them.
     The the face looks great and at least its avp:r dreds and not from avp although who wouldn't want to see Stan Winstons as everything he touches is perfect.

Can anyone else notice that it looks like the predator actually has a full lower jaw now with full set of teeth?

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 16, 2010, 03:37:42 PM

Couldn't agree more... I mean people just expect way too much...

On another note... The 3 Preds standing together... Can you see their eyes through the masks?  :o
There seems to be a hint of red in the eyes!

dallevalle

yyyes i thought i notice some red too so it wasent just me hehe

Doomofman

Not even red... But just.. something that looks like they could be eyes rather than the mesh we're used to getting...

Royce

I think for anyone who is worried and concerned about the new Predator designs, you have to remember that these are not well-lit photographs. They were taken with your standard camera. Gyula Pados is a talented cinematographer and under his direction with his camera and electric teams, I'm very certain that the new Predators will look absolutely fantastic on film.

And in terms of the height of the Predators, these are not short men who stand under 6 feet tall. No, I seriously doubt any of the men playing the Predators are over 7 feet tall like Kevin Hall but so what! These guys are around 6'5 – 6'11 and that's perfectly fine because that's where the trick of the film camera comes into play. The filmmakers can make these Predators look like they are well over 7 feet tall with the right camera angles.

Hybrid PM

I don't so any triple plasma cannon here either. Looks like the script was modified.

Emperor_Toe

Massive heads!

as for the lack of netting etc. I'd imagine that the costumes go through various stages of dressing before there ready for screen. In alot of those pictures the predators dont even look like they have wrist blades. So im sure all that stuff gets added in the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed