New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,957 times)

Highland

The more I look at these predators, the more i think they look MORE primitive than the origanal? There just seems to be nothing to them at all?

Can all the fans out there explain whats better? whats better than Wolf even?  I'm not seeing the love here.

Pinkman

QuoteI was really hoping for a 2010 predator, instead i'd say these guys are 1976 style.

That's what I like about it personally. It's not overdesigned, and it has an old fashioned organic feel to it, f**k modernism. Plus, I think they were made to fit the look of the world which seems primitive and hellish. I like the texture of the skin, very old school.

Mystic Ninja

It looks like film might have a primitive and wild theme to it - all good in my books

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 16, 2010, 11:36:58 AM
A bad blood is a Pred that breaks some Pred rules and therefore is a criminal. Therefore is not the BSP with its genetic modification a bad blood?

That's exactly the point. They're the same except bad bloods don't have stupid over-the-top armor, don't dissect their prey and try and incorporate them into their DNA.  ::) They're just Predators who enjoy killing, not the hunt.

The Chibi Kiriyama

I thought my sense of proportions, which is horrible, was off at first. But seeing the comments, I guess I'm not alone in noticing these Predators look a little short.

Overall, the Predators look okay. No drastic changes and a few positives, but I have my issues. I like that they look more like the first movie's Predator, and two of the masks look interesting- one's got a nice bone jaw motif, and the other's got an eye-catching swooped design. But I don't like the third Predator too much, the bulky one with grated mask. Reminds me too much of AVP. Also, I'm sure this was all snapped in between shoots, but they don't look as organic when the costumes are dry. We've yet to see the Black Predator, but for now, they look good. Not great, but good.

The rest of the cast is dressed well, though "Royce" looks a little awkward in his combat vest. The only odd man out is Topher; maybe it's just what he wears casually, but for his character, that looks more Eddie Brock than Edwin. The Predator structures and camp look neat, too, and the locations are all great matches for the story.

von

they certainly do look primitive. but i guess that's not a bad thing. the preds appear to be missing something though, perhaps their netting? they seem a tad naked don't you think?? can't wait to see them on the big screen!

Highland

Quote from: Pinkman on Jan 16, 2010, 12:51:53 PM
QuoteI was really hoping for a 2010 predator, instead i'd say these guys are 1976 style.

That's what I like about it personally. It's not overdesigned, and it has an old fashioned organic feel to it, f**k modernism. Plus, I think they were made to fit the look of the world which seems primitive and hellish. I like the texture of the skin, very old school.

From what i gather though (I have not read the script) , these "different" predators are supposed to be some kind of upgraded version of the "classic" predator.

With all due respect to the makers, I think "anytime" and "pussyface" could back hand these guy's like Danny boy and Poncho. 

jordan

Man, what a relief.  This almost changes everything.  Why are people complaining? Costumes etc go through several tiers of work.  And this is a grainy amatuer photo set.  This raises the question - just what the f**k was that script we're used to?  An early draft? A feint?

RubberChickenMan

Other than the masks the predators look like the classic one.

I think they scraped the sbp from the skript

Highland

Quote from: jordan on Jan 16, 2010, 01:37:55 PM
Man, what a relief.  This almost changes everything.  Why are people complaining? Costumes etc go through several tiers of work.  And this is a grainy amatuer photo set.  This raises the question - just what the f**k was that script we're used to?  An early draft? A feint?

it'll take more than tiers of work to make these guys even close to the original, never mind "super"

I'm giving the photo's the benefit of the doubt for now.

jordan

Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2010, 01:46:40 PM

it'll take more than tiers of work to make these guys even close to the original, never mind "super"

I'm relieved that they didn't attempt to make them look 'super'.  That was a childish idea from the get-go and was my biggest fear.

Dusk

Glad to see a faithful Winston Predator, but the supposedly Super Preds don't really wow me. Like some said, they look bland.

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: jordan on Jan 16, 2010, 01:48:14 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2010, 01:46:40 PM

I'm relieved that they didn't attempt to make them look 'super'.  That was a childish idea from the get-go and was my biggest fear.

Couldnt agree more,im very relieved by what ive seen,im not seeing many negatives so far.......now bring on the trailer!

chupacabras acheronsis

words not needed

Doomofman

Well first off having just seen the pictures... HOLY f**kING SHIT.... They look awesome... Not what I had imagined at all... The hunting camp looks so eerie... And obviously the big question which I'm sure has been asked many times in this thread....

What's with the 3 Preds? There's never a point in the script where you see 3 Regular Preds bar the alternate ending which they wont shoot... So have they change the Super Preds design? Oh I hope so...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed