New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 305,800 times)

SiL

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 16, 2010, 09:16:21 AM
It could be the camera angle.
Well, no.

Everyone in the suits is under seven feet. They look short because, relatively, they are short.

They're going to need camera angles to make them look bigger in the movie.

Undeadite

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 16, 2010, 09:14:16 AM
Are you sure they're black super Predators?

I really don't see why everyone thinks they are. For regular preds they are really impressive, but there is nothing super about them.

Johnny Handsome

To clarify:

I dont think the designs look bad in any capacity, i just think they look really random.

If you make a movie with 'Super' predators, at least make them super, make them stand out so you can really tell that they are stronger etc.

Seriously, the original in that pic looks like it can rip those 'super' ones a new one 24/7.

SiL

Quote from: Undeadite on Jan 16, 2010, 09:21:03 AM
I really don't see why everyone thinks they are. For regular preds they are really impressive, but there is nothing super about them.
Because the script states one regular Predator, a handful of "Super Predators".

We've seen the single regular Predator. If they aren't it, then logically they're the "Super" Predators.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 09:22:06 AM
I dont think the designs look bad in any capacity, i just think they look really random.
I think they look pretty bland as designs, period.

Mystic Ninja

Brody looks like a bad ass!! The BSP and SP looks good, there is a normal Pred.....

This is fantastic. It feels good to have faith in something and for it to pay off! Hopefully, fingers crossed, this film turns out to be great!

;D

Darkness

The script may have been changed. Maybe there's more standard Predators.

Highland

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 16, 2010, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2010, 09:07:33 AM
johnny , for once me and you are on the same page.

These are set pics, so hard to tell, but my initial feeling is they are just not "super" enough. Plus the Proportions of the SP's look a little..... off? 

The totem pred is spot on though.

Did you like the super concept in the first place?

That's the Irony of it all , I was one of the few guys that actually looked forward to the Predators getting "Juiced up" I was hoping for something a little more...menacing is the word maybe? (in a artistic way though, not AVP style)

I just don't think there's anything instantly obvious to the casual viewer that these boys are nasty work.

Funny that it's turned out in the reverse and the initial haters are probably the ones wiping the sweat off their head. 

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: SiL on Jan 16, 2010, 09:11:28 AM
I'm with Johnny.

I'm gonna get labeled a hater or whatever for this, but those Super Preds look ... eh. They don't look imposing or menacing, and their armour looks bland as all get out. It's like they slapped some vacuformed plastic over the suits and called it a day :-\

with touch up ect they will look a lot better and more menacing.

Tucci

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Jan 16, 2010, 09:00:03 AM
Seriously, look at how small 6'2'' Rob Rod is compared to those predators!

Great timing, what a wonderful birthday gift.

Haha yeah for me too, my B-day is tomorrow, the 17th.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 16, 2010, 09:27:27 AM
Don't think so, those are the super ones.

They look better than what was described in the script, but much less impressive than the original, or really any Predator from Predator 2.

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2010, 09:27:49 AM
Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 16, 2010, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jan 16, 2010, 09:07:33 AM
johnny , for once me and you are on the same page.

These are set pics, so hard to tell, but my initial feeling is they are just not "super" enough. Plus the Proportions of the SP's look a little..... off? 

The totem pred is spot on though.

Did you like the super concept in the first place?

That's the Irony of it all , I was one of the few guys that actually looked forward to the Predators getting "Juiced up" I was hoping for something a little more...menacing is the word maybe? (in a artistic way though, not AVP style)

I just don't think there's anything instantly obvious to the casual viewer that these boys are nasty work.

Funny that it's turned out in the reverse and the initial haters are probably the ones wiping the sweat off their head.

Yeah I remember that you was one of the few who liked the BSP.

I can appreciate what you are saying but what we see now is probably 60-70% of what we will end up seeing in the cinema. Im sure with some touching up and enhancing by the SFX team they will look more super and evil

Machionic

Hm, Oleg (and other crew members, i suppose) still call them 'super'.

Undeadite

Quote from: SiL on Jan 16, 2010, 09:24:04 AM
Because the script states one regular Predator, a handful of "Super Predators".

Huh, I did not read the script, so I was unaware of the ratio between regular and super preds. I hope there were some rewrites, because I stick by my initial opinion. Not much super goin' on.

Highland

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 09:28:54 AM
Don't think so, those are the super ones.

They look better than what was described in the script, but much less impressive than the original, or really any Predator from Predator 2.

To be honest, I might even slip in both AVP predators.......  *takes cover*

Darkness

Oh no, they don't look anywhere near as bulky as the AvP Predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed