Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds

Started by The Cruentus, Dec 30, 2019, 06:38:55 PM

Do you agree with the current look of a female Predator? (breasts, narrower body)

No, they shouldn't have breasts or any other female human like body proportions.
16 (25.4%)
Yes.
22 (34.9%)
Meh, not bothered.
23 (36.5%)
I don't know.
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author
Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds (Read 23,941 times)

Trioxin

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2019, 11:43:03 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 30, 2019, 11:29:54 PM
Remember there is a report button, I will use it if you continue acting like that. Either be civil or leave, you don't have to be in this thread if you take umbrage with my posts.

I am being civil asking you to please call the idea stupid, not the people. Hicks is trying to line up some interviews with the Devs, and the people who are really deeply interested in this game would hate to see that jeopardized. Appreciate it.

Yes let's please not spike the newest game content in a while because well predator women...

The Cruentus

Remember there is a report button, I will use it if you continue acting like that. Either be civil or leave, you don't have to be in this thread if you take umbrage with my posts.

I am being civil asking you to please call the idea stupid, not the people. Hicks is trying to line up some interviews with the Devs, and the people who are really deeply interested in this game would hate to see that jeopardized. Appreciate it.

Being mocking and sarcastic is not being civil. Also us fans have the right to voice our opinions about something, sorry you seem to be taking this oddly personally but this thread is supposed to be a discussion on the portrayal on the female predator and what others think of it. Either contribute or leave. 

Also I didn't call anyone stupid.... I think this is a pretty stupid (if not perverted) action on part of the game devs, I mean is that the answer to every twits idea about a female alien species? Just add breasts and hourglass frame?!  Shame on them

First part is me calling their actions stupid, not the peeps themselves, second part is not even aimed at the devs, just those that simply think breasts is the answer to everthing when it comes to alien species, Third part where its shame on them, yeah that is aimed at them, because I expected better.

Anyway, I doubt my opinion is going to jeopardize anything unless you're worried they might actually alter the female models, which personally I think they should be done but then I don't think you should be worried, this thread is not going to stop someone from agreeing to an interview, if it did, it would say more about them than me or this thread. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 30, 2019, 11:59:41 PM

Being mocking and sarcastic is not being civil.

I think someone started this by labeling me with "dickishness". You can't possibly suggest that was civil.

QuoteAlso I didn't call anyone stupid.... I think this is a pretty stupid (if not perverted) action on part of the game devs, I mean is that the answer to every twits idea about a female alien species? Just add breasts and hourglass frame?!  Shame on them

Let me try that on my wife. Gee honey, I didn't call you pretty stupid or perverted, I said your actions were stupid or perverted. See! It's better! Wait honey! Your actions were only just of a twit!  Not you! Don't go!  ;D

I'm wagering you, as I, consider yourself as an intellectual, so I challenge yourself to concede the point that your colorful namecalling or insults and things like the devs should have put more thought into it than what a presumably a "hormonal teenage would" would be found insulting either way and definitely doesn't encourage civil discourse about choices in a cool Predator game coming out. At least give me that. ;)

molasar

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 30, 2019, 11:59:41 PM
Also I didn't call anyone stupid.... I think this is a pretty stupid (if not perverted) action on part of the game devs, I mean is that the answer to every twits idea about a female alien species? Just add breasts and hourglass frame?!  Shame on them

First part is me calling their actions stupid, not the peeps themselves, second part is not even aimed at the devs, just those that simply think breasts is the answer to everthing when it comes to alien species, Third part where its shame on them, yeah that is aimed at them, because I expected better.

Anyway, I doubt my opinion is going to jeopardize anything unless you're worried they might actually alter the female models, which personally I think they should be done but then I don't think you should be worried, this thread is not going to stop someone from agreeing to an interview, if it did, it would say more about them than me or this thread. 
What way would you portray a female Predator if it was up to you? Let's say I play as a member of fireteam and your version of female Predator approaches me. What way I can recognize if it is her or not if I have not watched any Predator films, or I have watched the first two only?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: molasar on Dec 31, 2019, 12:24:28 AM
What way would you portray a female Predator if it was up to you? Let's say I play as a member of fireteam and your version of female Predator approaches me. What way I can recognize if it is her or not if I have not watched any Predator films, or I have watched the first two only?

Could be taller, maybe shorter, different shaped head, dreadlock positions and size or different mandibles, skin patterns etc. There is so many ways that a female predator could be done better than just boobs and hips. 

Would or should it really make a difference? Both male and female would be equally deadly.

Lioness'lack manes and are the ones who go out hunting, female sharks are larger if I recall. I just think it could have been done far more better than what those images show.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2019, 12:30:19 AM
Could be taller, maybe shorter, different shaped head, dreadlock positions and size or different mandibles, skin patterns etc. There is so many ways that a female predator could be done better than just boobs and hips. 

This way I still would not know that it is her unless some aficionado like you let me know about it. Especially in a fast paced action game. Although if you make a Japanese style mode into it e.g. The Photographic Safari where 4 renowned photographers compete for taking a photo of female Predator for National Geographic Magazine, there is a chance I would.

Would or should it really make a difference? Both male and female would be equally deadly.

If there is no difference, then what is the point in making a female Predator?

Lioness'lack manes and are the ones who go out hunting, female sharks are larger if I recall. I just think it could have been done far more better than what those images show.

How many people can easily recognize a sex of animals in real world? It must be practical, so this is a choice of developers.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Dec 31, 2019, 01:10:04 AM

This way I still would not know that it is her unless some aficionado like you let me know about it. Especially in a fast paced action game. Although if you make a Japanese style mode into it e.g. The Photographic Safari where 4 renowned photographers compete over taking a photo of female Predator for National Geographic Magazine.

If there is no difference, then what is the point in making a female Predator?

How many people can easily recognize a sex of animals in real world? It must be practical, so this is a choice of developers.

I'm already for Illfonic's female Predator design,
and I didn't even consider some of the points your making molasar. Good points!

The Shuriken

Adding the breast is worth it to me if only to see how upset people get.

Samhain13

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 31, 2019, 01:33:29 AM

Some fans just want to see the fandom burn.

Trioxin

Every one has a valid opinion. Personally I'm not one to take away from some ones creativity in the name of decency or even morality. Especially in this case it's just that the predator depicts a humanoid woman when the male is well just that a humanoid Male. So as long as they are mammals I see absolutely no reason why they would not wean their young as 90% of mammles do ?

I think that Games shouldn't be censored and it's not up to any one to deem what is appropriate for the general public even for kids to play thats up to the individual /parent to do. It just seems really nitpickie (titpicking) like vehemently objecting to breasts on a predator is very funny to me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 31, 2019, 01:33:29 AM

It's been my strange experience that Alien preferential fans have the most problems with it.  It's weird.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 31, 2019, 01:38:52 AM
Some fans just want to see the fandom burn.

Wysps

Quote from: molasar on Dec 31, 2019, 12:24:28 AM

Agree with pretty much everything here.  I'd have much rather seen something original and unique, like the head shape, skin patterns, plumage, etc. than exactly mirroring humans.  I am not an Alien preferential fan  :laugh:  It would have made them much more interesting imo if they were given a different dimorphism than mammals. 

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 31, 2019, 02:17:51 AM
Agree with pretty much everything here.  I'd have much rather seen something original and unique, like the head shape, skin patterns, plumage, etc. than exactly mirroring humans.  I am not an Alien preferential fan  :laugh:  It would have made them much more interesting imo if they were given a different dimorphism than mammals. 

You still would not know its sex if not told so. Those little details could be noticed only in slow motion mode or on screenshots. Just not practical.

Although I guess, you have some super eye reflexes like Frank Dux. Then it might work for you.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 31, 2019, 02:17:51 AMI am not an Alien preferential fan  :laugh:

Indeed Wysps!  :laugh: I can testify you are 100% not!!

Wysps

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 31, 2019, 02:33:03 AM
Quote from: Wysps on Dec 31, 2019, 02:17:51 AMI am not an Alien preferential fan  :laugh:

Indeed Wysps!  :laugh: I can testify you are 100% not!!

Right On!  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed