Information

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 23, 2006, 12:38:11 AM

Author
Information (Read 50,100 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

I have never been a fan of RPGs.  I think I may make an exception for this game.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hope we will see some info at E3 this year.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Mar 31, 2008, 02:19:57 AM
I hope we will see some info at E3 this year.

it's likely if they plan to release it this year.
If they don't then they get no proper hype from people who aren't aware of the game

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I can't wait for this game either, just like A:CM.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

E3 is coming, fingers crossed we see something about it there.

Predator755

Predator755

Oh gosh... If this thing is anything like Mass Effect, I believe it will be unbearably awesome! I love that game and greatly enjoy it still.

However, I really hope you get to play as a marine. I believe it gives you greater flexibility and will allow for a better story and experience. I pray they allow a great deal of weaponry that is upgradeable. That will be a dream come true!

As for not including yautja, Im actually pleased with that. While I am a die hard Predator fan, AvP combo does limit what can happen. While it does allow new opportunities for great stories, it also constricts what can happen as well. Anywhat, I hope that in the future they make a Predator version of this as well that includes stuff aside from hunting humans and aliens. Gimme some other beasts! ;D

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

You play as marine.

Predator755

Predator755

... OH THANK FREAKING HEAVESN! ;D I dont want to sound like a jerk though, seeing as how a lot of people wanted to play as xenos.

Say, do you know if you can customize your character or get weapon upgrades/modifications?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=20131.0

That thread is quite interesting, I'm surprised its not been looked into.

Predator755

Predator755

Oh! Thank you! This does shed some light on what it will be like. :)

funcroc

funcroc

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=881824

Quote from: J.E. Sawyer (Lead Designer on Aliens RPG), Aug 30 2008, 12:25 AM'
Well, good news: the combat, story, and characters in Aliens are all going to own.  Peace.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Heh, what an unusual thing for a developer to say.  ;)

But I do trust Obsidian.

funcroc

funcroc

Jason Graves Composing Original Score for Aliens RPG

QuoteAugust 15th, 2008 - Obsidian Entertainment has signed Jason for their new Aliens RPG. Instilled with the action of Cameron's "Aliens" and the terror of Scott's original "Alien," Obsidian's next original RPG takes players to the heart of science fiction horror.

http://jasongravesmusic.com/img/home/aliens.jpg

Game Not Over: Obsidian Working on Aliens Game

QuoteAdded 09/16/2008 by MonjiO

This news is hot off the Austin GDC floor so grab it while it's hot, readers.  Obsidian Entertainment (developers for Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol) are hard at work on an RPG using the Aliens license.  The game is being written by the writer of Icewind Dale 2, among other games, and the tile will see a full unveiling later this year.

The game is in development on an engine developed by Obsdian and will feature real time squad based combat. We're in the process of lining up more extensive coverage, so expect to hear more about this as it develops.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Nice! I'm looking forward to it. Was it that what Pitchford was raving about?

funcroc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed